Cloud chasing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusif

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Denmark
So i've decided that i wanted to do some cloud chasing just for the fun of it... Im gonna get the equipment to stay safe of course but i need the almighty knowledge of the ecf members that actually do chase clouds

Sony US18650VTC3 batteries are the best for this right?

What are your tips for coil setups?
I was thinking dual nano dragon coils in a igo-w or a helio on a cotton bed with 100% vg juice

Got any other tips for some bigbutt clouds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Brantis

Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
Orange, Texas, United States
Hey Dusif,

I would recommend you start out on those 3v batteries due to their safety. Once you do a little more research and realize just how far you can push your batteries "safely" then might I suggest using a higher voltage. Also, invest in some ribbon wire. There are plenty of vendors that sell it now, so I won't recommend any. Ribbon wire can give you much more vape and is so much easier to maintain than a multi-coil setup.

Safety first...seriously...make sure you are VERY familiar with your batteries and what they can/can't do. Cloud chasing can cause a lot of heartache if you aren't careful.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

D. Waterhouse

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
central WI USA
Your battery looks good. Remember, check the ohms of your build be fore you put it on your battery device, just because you metered your coil doesn't necessarily mean it will be that ohm reading when installed in your RBA/RDA.

OK, safety out of the way.

I run a .8 micro coil on an Igo S w/ 26AWG Kanthal and cotton ball wick. I'm looking to get a set of Sonys to run Dual 1ohms in an Igo W but moneys squeaky tight right now so maybe for christmas?

Dusif

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Denmark
I rock same pannys and I wouldn't go below 1.0 ohm. My preferred is 1.5-7. Could they handle .7? In theory, yes, but I wouldn't.

My friend has the same batteries and have had them running perfectly with a coil that was actually a .6 and my coils at .7 has never given me problems of any kind

Dusif

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Denmark
Your battery looks good. Remember, check the ohms of your build be fore you put it on your battery device, just because you metered your coil doesn't necessarily mean it will be that ohm reading when installed in your RBA/RDA.

OK, safety out of the way.

I run a .8 micro coil on an Igo S w/ 26AWG Kanthal and cotton ball wick. I'm looking to get a set of Sonys to run Dual 1ohms in an Igo W but moneys squeaky tight right now so maybe for christmas?

I dont even bother doing a read untill the coil is in the rda... I dont want to think yay its .7 and end up with a kaboom... I know with what i use to wrap with every wrap is 0.1 ohm so i just give it 7-10 wraps and it reads 8-11

Vwls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
AZ
Couple things I am looking at - maybe you will benefit. Also have questions to add.

Batteries: Sony SE US18650VTC3 1600mAh 30A (18.75C)
RDA: EXCLUSIVE PRICE: The ATOMIC RDA by MCV PHILIPPINES | VAPEHAPPYVAPEHAPPY Just watched the review on this and it looks sweet. No modding/drilling needed (clouds are all about air control).
Juice: order some 6 or 3 mg nic... things are about to get crazy.
Wicking material: Anything better (healthier) than silica for sub-ohming? Cotton won't work, right?
Mod: What can I put in my mechanical with this battery to safeguard this process? Kick 2? Another device?
Wire: Would flat or ribbon wire work better (cover more surface area) than round?

xSKOOBSx

Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
United States
I dont even bother doing a read untill the coil is in the rda... I dont want to think yay its .7 and end up with a kaboom... I know with what i use to wrap with every wrap is 0.1 ohm so i just give it 7-10 wraps and it reads 8-11

I always thought half the reason you ohm out every build is to check for shorts. those are problematic.

and you can kind of tell if something is amiss after you have been building a while. you know what resistance to expect for a coil, and if the build is reading differently, either higher or lower, you need to check for shorts, loose connections, etc.

edit: oops, thread necro. stumble on a thread doing a search, reply, realize thread is old. my bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread