Dire Need!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildflowers69

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Rochester, New York, USA
Im in dire need of some new heads for my protanks the 5 pack I bought sucks- and tainting all my juice. I have tried 3 new ones today. I seem to prefer a low resistance and these r 2.5 can't seem to get the voltage right. I think 2.2 would be good? I think its the SID mod I'm using. Can't wait to get my Provari. Hope it makes a difference!! Feeling frustrated:blink: I know people say rba way to go but I just want to put things on and go. To much fidgeting for me? Where do you buy your heads from. Could they be duds or is 2.2 better?

Last edited:

Wildflowers69

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Rochester, New York, USA
When I get the burnt- thats all I can taste after
I use Protanks on my SID just fine. I prefer a 2.2 coil set to
9 watts or so. Check for the resistance of the heads and adjust accordingly. The reason why I don't buy a Provari is that it doesn't do variable wattage. And I don't know why heads would ruin juice.

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm not sure what the point of your post is, but if you try 4.2-4.4 Volts you should be okay. If it's too warm, cut the voltage down or use a longer mouthpiece. You didn't say which juices you use but eventually your coil will gunk up. You can try soaking them but a dry burn is best. Pry the air tube off with the rubber seal, take off any loose flavor wicks and press the fire button for 5 seconds until you see the greyish-white ash form on the coil. Blow off the ash and keep firing until your coils start to glow. Put the flavor wicks back on, or leave one or all of them off if you prefer. Press fit the air tube back in and push down the rubber seal. You should be good to go.

You can wind your own coils and replace them very easily. With just one box of 5 replacement coils you can rotate them, replacing coils as you go. all you need is some 30 gauge Kanthal and some silica wick.

NiNi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
Paulden, Arizona
Vape Power Chart: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9dkanCt0I1qc8949o2_1280.png

Don't have a link but try re-wicking with plain old cotton ball stuff, you boil the cotton, dry, make a thread of it, lay over your coil, trim, and done........that's the short version, isn't hard, someone has got to have a video link somewhere!:blink:

The Vagabond

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2013
LA,California,USA
Im in dire need of some new heads for my protanks the 5 pack I bought sucks- and tainting all my juice. I have tried 3 new ones today. I seem to prefer a low resistance and these r 2.5 can't seem to get the voltage right. I think its the SID mod I'm using. Can't wait to get my Provari. Hope it makes a difference!! Feeling frustrated:blink: I know people say RBA way to go but I just want to put things on and go. To much fidgeting for me.

Out of stock except 1.8

note: the 1.8 are the low resistance ones -

The Vagabond

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2013
LA,California,USA
how's your stock of peroxide? I mean alcohol, wipe the battery and tank threads with it..... that should help the connection. I prefer 1.8 but have had no real issues with higher resistance on a variable device . most variable devices will adjust to provide the same vape regardless of the resistance. 9 watts is a round general wattage, but you may fine more or less wattage works better for your tastes / senses

2.4 ohm at 9 watts = 4.64758 volts
2.2 ohm at 9 watts = 4.44972 volts
2.0 ohm at 9 watts = 4.24264 volts
1.8 ohm at 9 watts = 4.02492 volts

Wildflowers69

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Rochester, New York, USA
Ya high for me too...right now Im vaping plume room banana pudding 60/40 mix with a 2.5 on my SID and just tasting not like it did yesterday
I can't go that high, it just tastes burnt on my peach juice,,,,,

now my green apple,,,,,,,,yep, no problems going that high.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Once you burn on a coil, you may not even be able to get rid of the burnt taste with a good cleaning.
You need to figure out WHY you're getting that burn in the first place - you shouldn't, but it may actually be WORSE with lower resistance.

I found that I would get "dry hits" and then burning on a ProTank because not enough juice got to the coil. I fixed this by pulling the air stem off the coil/head, and with tweezers, removing about 1/2 of the wick that lies across the top. Look for "remove flavor wick on ProTank" here or on YouTube to see exactly how to do this. Now I'm happy with my ProTanks...
(and I use 2 ohm coils at 4 volts all the time).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread