First thing in the morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyRuby

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
British Columbia, Canada
Okay, I have given up the stinkies & started vaping...mostly a pleasure. But I have a hard time first thing in the morning. I used to get up & SMOKE. Yucky, but true - at least 3 right after each other with my first cup of coffee. I can't seem to get the same feeling with vaping. Any suggestions for that start-the-day-off-right (or wrong) liquid? It is partly nic, which I can fix -but it is also flavour. The sweet ones taste weird at that time of day, the tobacco flavours taste gross...
Please, don't suggest anything menthol - I buy orange flavoured toothpaste because I dislike mint.
I know that others have gone through this. What works for you?

nova_did_it

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Glendale, AZ, USA
I used to use a tobacco flavor that had more coffee flavored tones in the morning with my coffee. I was the same way.. get up, smoke with a cup of coffee. I also used a higher nic level in the morning, 24mg vs 18mg the rest of the day. I didn't like super sweet in the morning either, still don't :D. But I finally discovered Cinnamon Roll which also goes nicely with coffee in the morning. It's a mellow not as sweet cinnamony taste that harmonizes well with coffee. Well, cinnamon roll has replaced my tobacco flavor and I don't like tobacco flavors anymore... :?:

However, there have been mornings when I woke up and no vape tasted good. I realized it was because I was really thirsty.. so having water in the morning helps wake the taste buds up. At least for me.

Sthur

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Denver
I wake up make a b line to the office fire up the laptop, grab my mod vape away, walk towards coffee kureg, make coffee, go back to my desk, as long as I keep vaping and stay in the same routine the old b line outside.

It all about getting in a new routine and retraining yourself from not going for a analog first thing.

RubyRuby

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
British Columbia, Canada
Thanks all. I have a cinnamon that I love. It's Cinnamon Red Hearts though, so candy, so too sweet. I will look for a Cinnamon Roll flavour. I vape Coffee flavours most of the day - just doesn't cut it in the morning, yet. Probably with time it will be perfect. And I already figured out that I need a nic boost first thing - I just don't know what flavour to buy that high-test in! lol!
I just realized that this sounds like I am being difficult - I truly don't mean to be. As we all know, this is a huge learning curve, and anytime we can lean on the wisdom of others & same some money - well, that's what we are here for, isn't it?

RubyRuby

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
British Columbia, Canada
Go to a vape store and sample away.. try to switch up flavors once in a while to keep things fresh. I love my Coffee and Vape in the morning. it gets me out of the bed just thinking about it :)

PS Don't know if you have stores in Canada.. if not I hear good things about Heathers Heavenly Vapes.
I think some people have stores in Canada, but I sure don't! (Unless I want to drive several hundred miles) I wish I could sample, which is why I'm am asking all you... you are my 'virtual samplers' on this one! I don't mind buying juice but I want to spend my money on the right ones. You know....

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
Ruby, one of the hardest things about vaping is finding your favorite juice(s). You're not being difficult. We've all done a bit of trial and error to find what we like. You could try getting samples from different vendors and see what works. Cinnamon Roll sounds good, I may have to to looking for that. Lately I've been enjoying a blackberry crumble flavor with my coffee. It's sort of like having a danish, it's not too sweet and the blackberry is so juicy, yum. Or maybe Banana Nut Bread? What do you like with coffee? That's a good starting point to go exploring. Good luck & happy vaping!

deanthemachine

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
OKC, OK
Okay, I have given up the stinkies & started vaping...mostly a pleasure. But I have a hard time first thing in the morning. I used to get up & SMOKE. Yucky, but true - at least 3 right after each other with my first cup of coffee. I can't seem to get the same feeling with vaping. Any suggestions for that start-the-day-off-right (or wrong) liquid? It is partly nic, which I can fix -but it is also flavour. The sweet ones taste weird at that time of day, the tobacco flavours taste gross...
Please, don't suggest anything menthol - I buy orange flavoured toothpaste because I dislike mint.
I know that others have gone through this. What works for you?

I think part of the problem is vaping takes longer to get the nic in your system. Agree the taste is off first thing, but once I brush the tooth it gets better. For me I wake up, take a few puffs, fire up the keurig, take a few puffs, get ready for shower, take a few puffs, shower and get out, take a few puffs, get dressed, take a few puffs, get in car, take a few puffs, and then chain vape all the way to work. Sorry I am not very helpful here.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Yeah, that was me. Three or five cigs with my morning coffee. That morning smoke was the hardest to give up. For me, I just had to vape thru the cravings...and it took a good 45 minutes before I got enough nicotine on board to finally stop the cravings. After 2-3 weeks the morning cravings subsided.

One word of caution. After vaping my head off with 24 mg liquid for an hour or more, and downing 2-3 cups of high octane coffee...well, by mid morning I could get either woozy or pretty wired (think running around like a headless chicken). My solution was to cut back on the coffee...half caffeine, half decaf.

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
I smoked for almost 20 years. Heavily 2 packs a day. And the first few in the morning were better than the rest for the rest of the day. It's a strong association to replace. I still have very faint morning cig cravings, and vaping is a little harsh at the moment I roll out of bed a 4am.

But as time went on, I learned to hold off longer and longer in the mornings to allow my throat to prepare for the first vape, and as a result, stumbled on a way to make the first morning vape more satisfying. The waiting and wanting but knowing my throat had to wake up, (coffee helps prepare the throat) made it so rewarding when I finally sat down to begin my vaping.

It's a little different behavior than smoking, but now has become my favorite vape of the day, and that was pivotal in succeeding in the switch.

hlk

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2011
Atlanta GA
I just bought an ego set with evods for my girlfriends sister who is a heavy smoker. I bought some vaperite.com honey tobacco flavor and melon so she could switch between the two. When buying for someone else, it's really hard to decide what they might like so some variation of tobacco is usually recommended. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can make her an ex smoker.. I know her family would be thrilled.

Amberina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
RubyRuby:
I know that for me the hardest time- when my cravings are the most intense- is first thing in the morning and right before bed at night. The best thing to do is use a higher nicotine level for these times. For me it's not about flavor but about how fast I can get my nicotine fix. I use 24mg in the morning and at bedtime. It knocks my cravings right out. Try this and it just might work for you too!
Good Luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread