How Many Juices ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolling Jo

Oct 13, 2013
McDonough
First off I'd like to say hello to all. I just started vaping a little over a month ago. I've learned a lot, but still have a ways to go. I started with a Halo Triton, and have graduated to a MVP. Love them both. My question is how many juices do you have to go through until you find the holy grail. I've tried about 20 so far and out of those there are only about 4 that I would call my ADV. This madness has got to stop! If I keep trying new flavors this could wind up being more expensive than smoking.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
My question is how many juices do you have to go through until you find the holy grail.
It can take awhile. ;-)

I have 4-5 that I like and use regularly (as evidenced by 40 or so 50ml bottles of them)... and some that really shine in an RDA/RBA, but are only just "good" in a carto tank. One, MBV Solar Flare is pretty good in most anything.

I have one that is a mix of two that I love in most anything, but both the base juices require about 2-3 weeks of aging before they really come into their own.

Keep trying... when you find your "holy grail"... you can give away all the other stuff to new vapists.

flowerpots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
my desk
It's like kissing frogs and waiting for the prince to emerge. I have probably spent $600+ since March on juices and have about 10 that I buy each month, and some I buy semi-regularly. Not sure how common this is. And like state o' flux said, you can give away or even trade what you don't like. Utilize the swap and pif threads here - it's not a total loss. But, it's also not usually a short journey in finding what flavors work for you. It's more a process of elimination. Also, your tastes will change which only complicates the search. This is one reason why many DIY. Just invest in sample packs or small quantities until you find your juice niche.

Good luck!

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
I ran through about 50 flavors before I stopped buying from other vendors and began DIY'ing. Most vendors (not all, please do keep this in mind) seem to blend for a general audience. By that I mean that they seem to add just enough flavor to taste and then back off to prevent their juice from being overpowering to the majority of vapers (this is my experience).

For me, personally, I prefer heavy flavoring. I want my juice to have that "wow" factor upfront. Sadly, not many vendors give me that feeling, so DIY was the only natural step forward. It took me about 20-30 DIY juices to land one that I felt was worthy enough to keep around and now I'm out of those specific flavors (of course!). Waiting on more to come in now so I can re-blend and get back to vaping before I run out of the last 8ml of what I have :).

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
If you found 4 that you can use as an ADV, just stop!!! :laugh: On the serious side, use the 4 flavors you like, put the rest that are so-so on the side. Realize that your taste will likely continue changing for more that one month, your taste buds need time to recover from smoking...:)

Two months from now, re-try your failed juices, see how you like them then, you may be surprised. But alas there will still be a few that should have been labeled "Eau de Drain Cleaner" from the start...(so use them as such...:laugh:)

Libertas

Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
Orange, CA, USA
Might I suggest finding a local vape shop that lets you sample? I know that within 20 or so minutes of my location there are at least 7 vape shops that do just that (note: I live in Orange County in CA so I assume we have more than most places). If you can find one near you you will probably save yourself some scratch in the long run and maybe even some time too.

Good luck!

Like they said it takes a while.... I have about 10 different flavours, and out of those I only found 1 that I couldn't vape (but it goes well for mixing) and I'm yet to find anything that will be your go to... Mine now is captain blacks because it has the highest nic and the taste is nice but I wouldn't call it my holy grail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SorryNameTaken

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Somerset, PA
It is so hard. I currently have about 70 different liquids and really there is 1 I might consider an ADV and maybe 4 I just love. I expected to just automatically love so many flavors, but it hasn't worked that way. I think a lot of my problem has been that I have had such high hopes for flavors I get let down when I try them. There have only been a few I truly hate though, so that is a plus!

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Thanks everyone. Sage advice. I'm really going to try and not order any more juice. Vape what I love and finish the rest. Everything just sounds so tempting. Some of the juices ot great reviews, but failed to deliver. I don't think I'll put too much stock in reviews anymore.
Some reviews, although glowing, may be of little value to you. If the reviewer is using a RDA or RBA, and you've got some clearo... it will, more often than not, be an entirely different experience.

If on the other hand they say "Holy Jesus!... this juice is the greatest thing ever in my EVOD/eGo combo!!!"... there's a much better chance that, no matter what you have for equipment, you can duplicate or improve upon their experience.

Libertas

Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
Orange, CA, USA
Here, I took the liberty of trying to find vape shops semi-near you. With limited searching this was the best I could do between classes:

Vulcan Vape (COMING September 2013): Howell Mill Village • 857 Collier Rd NW •
 Atlanta, GA 30318 • 404-600-2561

Atlanta Vapor 301 Kelly Dr Suite 8 Peachtree City,GA 30269 P: (678) 367-2613

Mayhaps they allow for sampling like I suggested earlier :D

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I still have a lot to learn. I know what a APV is, but what is a RDA or RBA ? Eventually I know I will have to upgrade my equipment. Since I just quit smoking, hopefully my tastebuds will return to normal.
Rebuildable "dripping" atomizer - see Helios, Nimbus and Trident RDAs as examples. RBA - rebuildable atomizer - see "Genesis" type, and Kayfun, Squape, Russian and Euphoria as examples. All require building your own coils and wicks.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I too only have 1 that I use all day. Still searching fot anorher. Spending $$$ searching. I would rather spend my money on this than analogs. Someone said this turns into a hobby. Buying gear and juices. I think they are absolutely correct.
You've only scratched the surface Nick... and welcome to ECF!
yes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread