Status
Not open for further replies.

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Alright, I need help here - My fiance quit smoking and started vaping - he likes it and is happy to be smoke free for about 6 weeks now. As much as I am excited that he has taken to vaping he is breaking me out of house and home with PVs and APVs.

Today he came home and said "Um Lady, I think I broke another one of these smoking thingies - they aren't very durable are they?" :facepalm:

OK, so he is not tech savy (at all) and I started him on fixed voltage Egos and evods (which he refers to as "juice boxes"). After a few weeks he finally learned how to fill the evods and connect them to the battery AFTER replacing the base as to not pour juice in the battery -AGAIN- so I moved him up to a winder with reg egos for backups. He has been just destroying these batteries. Drops on cement, somehow dropped one button first (really???) onto the edge of a rock ledge, so on and so forth.

I moved him up to a version 1.5 Lavatube - I was thinking the solid metal body and no variable wattage would work for him. Well - he refuses to comprehend battery safety - so I have repo'd the Lavatube. (I do not require to much understanding for battery safety- but I came home to 3 2000mah batteries in my nitecore fully charged and an electric griddle plugged in and LEFT ON a few inches away and he had been gone from the house for hours!). To my dismay I gave him my MVP 2 for now and his winder was the last standing ego style left in the house.

What can I get this man that is durable - yet will not require him to touch my 18650s??? Or do I just start ordering egos in ten packs?

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
The only mods that I can think of that are really durable require batteries to be charged out of the PV. If you could handle the charging that might work. You could have a bunch of batts going so you would only have to charge every few days and you could exchange his batt daily for him. I'm thinking the ProVari with 18650 extension.

Otherwise, an order for a bunch of eGos from FT might be the way to go, if they have their battery shipping problems sorted that is.

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
Why not get him his own MVP?

Apart from that, there's always FastTech; they do sell ego-style batts in 10-packs! (Give him one in black, and tell him that all you have left after that one are the pink ones - Bet the black one lasts forever!).

I love the way you think!!! ....pink :lol:

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
I have 7 18650s. He doesnt understand that he needs to not touch them. Before i repo'd the lavatube and the CVI I tried being the battery master, but there is just no stopping him. He wont keep an extra in a little case either. Just puts it in his pocket with nails and change.

Buying him a provari is terrifying - rate he has gone in 10 weeks...I'm afraid he would find a way to destroy it.

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I have 7 18650s. He doesnt understand that he needs to not touch them. Before i repo'd the lavatube and the CVI I tried being the battery master, but there is just no stopping him. He wont keep an extra in a little case either. Just puts it in his pocket with nails and change.

Buying him a provari is terrifying - rate he has gone in 10 weeks...I'm afraid he would find a way to destroy it.

eGo 8-pack for $40 FT. Only one pink one in the bunch :thumb:

Interesting post in Reddit about what's inside these batts.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL

he won't break the provari,,,,,,

but he might blow himself up.

Mark Anthony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
Scranton, Pa USA
Unfortunately, no. I have several. worked until he figured out how to take it off. lol.

Lmao..... Don't have much to offer in the way of advice but I have to say I'm enjoying this thread..... while vaping on my MVP 2 and holding on to it a little tighter for some reason.......... :blink:

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
The blow himself up part - highly likely. He is a genius with architecture - but a serious hot mess when it comes to "smoking thingies" and "juice boxes" :face palm:

I think maybe I should buy 10 egos and wrap them in rubber.

:lol:

some people are ridiculously smart with like one thing,,,,,,,,,,

and have absolutely NO streetsmarts otherwise,,,,,,,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread