n00b Cartotank Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDUUBS

Oct 27, 2013
Charleston, WV, USA
Hey Y'all,

My first post here, so bear with me and my lack of knowledge.

I have a little eGo type ecig that I bought at work that suits me just fine, but after taking a few puffs off of a friends Provari I had to order a better system. I have a Smoktech SID on the way with a bunch of different juices from Mt Baker, and received my Panasonic batts and charger today. Until I figure out what kind of cartotank to get I will be using 1.6ml clearotanks.

My question is: Which glass tank with either stainless or aluminum caps will be as wide or wider than the profile of my SID?
I have been looking at the IBTanked stuff and really like the looks of their semitransparent glass, but I cant figure out which size to get.

Get the 22mm, which I think is around 7/8" wide, or just go big and get their XL?

PS, There are no brick and mortar shops anywhere near me in WV to go fiddle around with different options and I don't see other vapers who could let me test tanks out on the SID.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!! :vapor:

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
XL is their length, not width. XL is the taller tank ( which I use on my provari )

Go to the SID website and see how many MM wide that mod is and order that width....unless you like a tapered look ( which I do) and order one a bit narrower.

+ one on the IBTanks. I love all 8 of mine...:p

Last edited:

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
PS... and this is a personal preference. I enjoy the Smoke cartos which you can get there also when you order. If you get 20 you can get them for 1.35 each. I use the 3.0 Ohm singtle coil, dual lazer punched cartos. You can get flanged or non flaged, doesent really matter.

Just remember, if you get the XL tubes, get the XL carto's.

Good luck

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My Vapor Store lists the Smoktech SID's dimensions as: 5-3/16"L x 15/16"D. (25mm = 1 inch) Note that the top cone is tapered, so it will be a lesser diameter.

IBTanked-2.jpg 19mm XL IBTanked on tapered cone of a Provari (on right)

My educated guess is the 19 mm diameter tank would be be the most aesthetic to match the tapered cone of the SID. Now note, the tank "length" options are a halfling, standard, and XL length. Whichever you choose keep in mind which cartomizer you wish to use in the tank - they must match in length.

tank lengths.jpg

Below are the liquid capacities of IBTanks:

19mm HalfLing = 0.7ml
19mm Standard= 1.5ml
19mm XL = 2ml

22mm HalfLing = 1.2ml
22mm Standard = 3ml
22mm XL = 4.5ml

25mm HalfLing = 2ml
25mm Standard = 5ml
25mm XL = 8ml

Last edited:

JDUUBS

Oct 27, 2013
Charleston, WV, USA
Thanks for the speedy and detailed replies Thunder and Bad! +1 back at you both.

I think I am going to to with the smaller diameter in 35mm length, because I can't really find a need (as of now :D) to get a giant tank. I also like the looks of that halfling, but not until my next payday, lol.

I obviously don't know much about the Smok or Boge cartos, but was leaning towards the Boge for some reason. I know I want single coil, pre-punched, though.

Going to go place my order now and get the Smok single coils now!

Hopefully by the time I get all my gear going I'll have figured out how to post pictures.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I obviously don't know much about the Smok or Boge cartos, but was leaning towards the Boge for some reason. I know I want single coil, pre-punched, though.

Going to go place my order now and get the Smok single coils now!
Boge and Smok are the big two, with Ikenvpe filling a higher priced "niche market". Try all three before buying mass quantities. I don't know where there are good deals for Smok as I don't use them, but Sure Vapes has 25 Boge for $28... should you go that route.

Enjoy your IBT... TBall, Bad and I do. ;-)

JDUUBS

Oct 27, 2013
Charleston, WV, USA
Thanks for the input Flux, I'll check out those Ikenvapes soon.

Got my SID and my MBV juices today! So stoked to get my new IBT! I already cracked a little clearo with the Lightspeed from MBV, whoops!:blush:

I ended up buying 5 of the Smok cartos, and I will be ordering 5 Boge tonight when I shop for another tank, thinking a Pro Tank 2.

Stay tuned for pics of the new jewel when I get my tank and tips.

Stay Puffin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread