New Calculator to try

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
I updated and then re-imported the recipes but it still wouldn't let me, it said it was in use by a recipe, although I checked and that recipe has the newer higher nic as the ingredient.

I just renamed that nic to DO NOT USE and removed all the information from it.

Last question. When I go to save a recipe in the new version I notice that this saves in a new folder by the name of the new and none of the old recipes I imported are in that folder. Is there anything else I should do? Just want to make sure I do not lose any information if the old recipe calculator is deleted.

Deleting ingredient:
You uncovered an interesting issue. The change that I made in V2.1.0.12 allows you to now delete a nicotine ingredient when it is no longer being used. The problem that you are still seeing has to do with a problem that was created when I wasn’t allowing you to delete the nicotine ingredient. Although you switched your recipe from say “NicotineEntry1” to “NicotineEntry2”, I left an association of “NictotineEntry1” to the recipe even though the recipe is using "NicotineEntry2". I am working on a fix for this.

Saving in a new folder:
I am not sure that I understand the issue that you are having. I am going to PM you with some more detailed questions on the scenario that you are seeing.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
I updated and then re-imported the recipes but it still wouldn't let me, it said it was in use by a recipe, although I checked and that recipe has the newer higher nic as the ingredient.

I just renamed that nic to DO NOT USE and removed all the information from it.

Last question. When I go to save a recipe in the new version I notice that this saves in a new folder by the name of the new and none of the old recipes I imported are in that folder. Is there anything else I should do? Just want to make sure I do not lose any information if the old recipe calculator is deleted.

Version 2.1.0.13 was posted. You will now be able to delete nicotine entries that you do not have associated with any recipes.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
I just posted a new version of the calculator, V2.1.0.16. The new version will allow you to rate your recipes and the rating will be displayed along with your recipe name. See the attached screenshot.

JuiceCalculator.jpg

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
You took a Great Program and just made it Better :toast: Love this feature!

Thank you Dave.

I'm thinking about adding another feature related to the rating value and would welcome any input. Currently the recipes in the dropdown list are sorted alphabetically. I'm thinking about adding a menu item to allow you to choose whether to sort them alphabetically or sort them by rating. I'm also wondering if I should setup a value in the "Options" so that you can set your default sorting preference. Any thoughts?

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
I just posted V2.1.0.17. It includes a few changes based on input I received:

1. There is now a "View->Recipes in name order" and a "View->Recipes in rating order" option on the main window. This will sort the recipe entries accordingly and display them in the sorted order in the drop down list. This will change the sorting order only during the current session of the application. The next time you launch the application it will go back to name order or your selected preference in change #2 below.

2. If you wish to change the sort order permanently, go to the "Tools->Options" and change the "Default sort order for recipes".

3. Minimize/Maximize buttons - Microsoft doesn't allow for both the min/max buttons and the context sensitive help button (?). I added an option "Tools->Show minimize/maximize buttons" which will toggle to "Tools->Show help button". This value will be saved across sessions. This will display either the min/max buttons or the help button.

4. I was asked to show the number of ML's to add of an ingredient in bold text so that it would stand out more when mixing. To accomplish this I added a new option in the "Tools->Options". You can select a "Preferred mixing method" of ML's, Grams, Drops or none. When selected the values for the mixing method will be highlighted on both the window and on the printouts.

I welcome all input, positive or negative, and any suggestions to make the calculator better.

Spazzer

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2013
Upstate NY
Great work HotRod19579! This just keeps getting better!

One thing I noticed is the Export to Excel function won't allow an export if Excel is not installed on "this" computer.
I think i said before I'm using this in the Virtual Box emulator on my Mac and don't have Excel on it, but I do have OpenOffice (that can read and write Microsoft Office files) on my Mac.

Any chance of getting this export to work without Excel installed?

Thanks

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
This would probably be an app on its own, but what would be really cool for a DIYer, I suppose it would fit right in with a juice proggie. Here is what I would make if I had the programming knowledge.

Enter your flavors you have into a database, enter your recipes into database, search database for recipes which have matches to your owned ingredients, have ranks of matches, full match, and partial matches, possibly in a descending order. I would love to see this especially as my recipes, and ingredients grow.

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Another version posted, V2.1.0.18. It corrects the window resolution on a couple of windows when running on a low resolution large font display. ccwaters, let me know if that corrects the issue you were seeing.

CCwaters their is an online cal that does a lot of what you want and has about 120 recipes already entered check it out at diyRecipeBook it's a real good program as well.

Yes window is fine now, Thanks!

And thanks for the link, would still be an awesome stand-alone app!

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
This would probably be an app on its own, but what would be really cool for a DIYer, I suppose it would fit right in with a juice proggie. Here is what I would make if I had the programming knowledge.

Enter your flavors you have into a database, enter your recipes into database, search database for recipes which have matches to your owned ingredients, have ranks of matches, full match, and partial matches, possibly in a descending order. I would love to see this especially as my recipes, and ingredients grow.

Help me understand how this is different than the "Edit->Search for recipes" option. Are you saying that in addition to your ingredients and your recipes that you have a database of other recipes and then search the other recipes for your ingredients?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread