Just ordered a Provari - question about usage w/tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

cunninsa

Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
Bloomsburg, PA
Just ordered my first Provari (and hopefully the only one I'll need). I have a couple tanks to use with it along with my atomizers. The two tanks I have are the Kanger Mini Protank 2 and an Evod. I know the Evods would require a 510-ego adapter to work. Has anyone tried this setup? And will my mini Protank 2 work or should I step up and get a normal size pro tank? I can't find any reviews where someone had the mini on their Provari. I originally got the mini because I read the draw on them was much better (don't know if there is any truth behind this or not). Any help would be awesome. Thanks!

ChosenChicken

Jul 2, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
I have experience using the Provari with an Evod and a regular Protank. From what I remember the Evod worked pretty well, but yes it does need the 510 to ego adapter to thread onto the Provari. With regards to the Mini Protank 2, the main difference between it and the regular one is going to be the capacity of it. So if you don't want to refill as often, the regular Protank 2 might be a better choice.

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
The mini Protank will work. As for the look of it , that is up to you. Many people use drippers on theirs. They are long and skinny and they just don't care.
I use mainly carto tanks on mine. I still have the tiny 1.5 ml DCT tanks that I used on my twists and they look fine on my Provari Mini. I also have tanks that are wider than my mini.

I even have an oddball hand blown tank that is like an hourglass shape.

Not everything needs to be all flush and perfect all it needs to do is Vape well

Tapatalking on iPhone.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your Vaping Rights!

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Just ordered my first Provari (and hopefully the only one I'll need). I have a couple tanks to use with it along with my atomizers. The two tanks I have are the Kanger Mini Protank 2 and an Evod. I know the Evods would require a 510-ego adapter to work. Has anyone tried this setup? And will my mini Protank 2 work or should I step up and get a normal size pro tank? I can't find any reviews where someone had the mini on their Provari. I originally got the mini because I read the draw on them was much better (don't know if there is any truth behind this or not). Any help would be awesome. Thanks!

ProVari mini + EVOD w/510-eGo adapter
Any eGo thread tank will work as long as you have the adapter.

1380304577652_20131029_005703_zps15f80603.jpg

cunninsa

Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
Bloomsburg, PA
The mini will need an adapter, too, since it's 510's are "female". I just ordered an adapter last night for my mini to Provari set-up. Regardless of how it may look, I like how the mini hits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So for the mini I would need a 510-510 adapter correct?

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Presently, the mini Protank does not have 510 threading and will need an adapter. I've been stalking the Internet to see when Kanger will release their 510 threaded Mini PT for another mod I have. (I read that there is a plan for it just don't know when). I absolutely love my mini Provari! Good choice. Usually I use my PT2 with it because of the juice capacity when out and about. (and today I just made my first successful rebuild of the coil!) Enjoy!

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I use an evod fairly often. I find the tobacco flavors I like work well with the evod. mini,and pro tank 2s. when I'm out I can take off the carto tank and have a couple of evods in my shirt pocket for some variety.
79338AD9-9BFC-4E8A-B942-AAA357507508-757-000000BBE67F0646_zps26597124.jpg

Out of curiosity, why does you tank sit up so high from the connector?

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I know this has already been posted, but it looks like it went off in a different direction. To recap:

Regular Protank - 510 threading, will fit on a ProVari
Mini Protank - has eGo threading, will need an adaptor to fit on a ProVari

The confusion may be that the threading is how the device screws on, not how it "connects" to the power source. The image below is of an eGo battery. You can see that it has two different thread sizes for attachments. The actual connecting pins are the same, but how they screw on is different. The ProVari only has the internal 510 threads. A Protank mini is like the CE4 and EVOD pictured, which screw onto the external threads.

m1gl.jpg

Thank you for allowing me to confuse you further.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread