Saving Blu cartos

Status
Not open for further replies.

James C

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Northern NJ
I'm sure this topic has been covered, but I couldn't find it.

Is it really worth trying to save blue cartridges and refilling them? I have like 10 sitting around.

Saving these things seems pretty cheap, but hey if its worth it. I know these things aren't like most other cartos, cause other brands tell you its fine to refill. Blu says you shouldn't refill, so I'm asking people who have actually tried. Thanks guys.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Is it really worth trying to save blue cartridges and refilling them? I have like 10 sitting around.
Saving these things seems pretty cheap, but hey if its worth it. I know these things aren't like most other cartos, cause other brands tell you its fine to refill. Blu says you shouldn't refill, so I'm asking people who have actually tried. Thanks guys.

it works, not the greatest vape but I used to do it...

usually by the time you get to the refill part the atomizer is about played out tho

maybe best to use your least fav juice, sure won't hurt nothing...

:)

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA

I have refilled them a couple of times. I don't get much mileage on them though. I normally use a large device but have been using the blu's when I want a hands free device.

heatwave

Sep 20, 2013
Twin Ports, MN
Yea you can do it. I do it. I'm excessively cheap though. They don't refill as many times as a good carto but I can usually fill them two or three times before they don't work anymore. I figure if it still works why toss it out. Usually I rotate one Blu carto with one good carto filled with my normal juice. I keep an extra cart or two in the pack just in case I need it and throw in a different flavor from time to time. I noticed that my menthol juice when added to a blu menthol cart mixes really well with their flavor and makes a really good vape so I do it. They are kind of a PITA to fill with dropper but it can be done. Don't mix flavors though bleh. I have heard of people boiling them before but I have never done that. I just fill them a few times and toss em when they get a little nasty.

heatwave

Sep 20, 2013
Twin Ports, MN
If your gonna soak them there was a great walk through on this page somewhere its how I initially found this forum but I can't find the link right now. Just make sure you get them completely dry before you proceed. I have heard people say that with a good cleaning you could even change flavors but again have never tried it. I don't see why the condom method wouldn't work with them it should. I just use a dropper cause I'm impatient lol.

Vision makes a Nano 510 Clearo that works really well with the Blu batteries. It is my go to for hands free.... bonus of vaping what you want, not just what blu sells. Nano clearos are about 3 bucks each online, and probably 4-5 in a B&M. Bonus though, for most liquids they last 3-6 weeks before you toss.

Here is one place that carries at the 2.99 price, shipping is cheap, and the C/S is awesome. Check my threads to see a pic of the nano on a blu batt.

Vision NANO

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA
I have a Blu Premium kit simply because I love the look and feel but I don't use the Blu carts. The flavor is OK but the nic level is too low and they don't last too long really. I use the Modern Vapor SideSho blanks with the Blu kit. 100% the same size and much better performance :2c: I would use a 306 cart but they are so hard to find in tan filter color. Always in black. Blu Premium 100 users can use a 510 cart I believe.

Blue Sage

Jan 22, 2014
United States
Looking at the slim pickings amongst the compatible cartomizers for Blu... I've come to the conclusion that Blu's cartomizers are among the most difficult to refill, and even then burn out sooner. You can still on average get 3 uses of the cartomizer. But I tend to just refill with something that is similar so that I don't have to go through most of the cleaning phase. Just lazy I guess.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.

just 10 of them???
DSCF0038.jpg
usually by the time you go empty on them they have been burnt

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
Yes, I reused them maybe 2 more times. Just inserted a "wood" screw into the vape hole, twisted just a tad and then pulled the cap off. Maybe 15 drops or so. No, they never really vaped the same especially if they were burnt to begin with.

I'd be more interested in finding that formula Blu uses in their "Classic Tobacco" carts though. That's probably the only reason I used Blu's for the few weeks I did which at least got me off analogs. It's a "secret" and proprietary juice made by Johnson Creek and I can't find anything even close.

Hypatia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Titletown, USA
KODIAK™;12247270 said:
Yes, I reused them maybe 2 more times. Just inserted a "wood" screw into the vape hole, twisted just a tad and then pulled the cap off. Maybe 15 drops or so. No, they never really vaped the same especially if they were burnt to begin with.

I'd be more interested in finding that formula Blu uses in their "Classic Tobacco" carts though. That's probably the only reason I used Blu's for the few weeks I did which at least got me off analogs. It's a "secret" and proprietary juice made by Johnson Creek and I can't find anything even close.

^This. That "Classic Tobacco" was yummy (well, for the first 10 hits, then burnt city, battery dies, etc. My BLU kit was basically DOA). If anyone finds that flavor, PM me immediately, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread