Want an opinion on which to get

Status
Not open for further replies.

at0mix

Sep 28, 2013
United States
Hey guys, so I'm relatively new to vaping. A regular customer at my job is a distributor for bloog, so he sold me a bloog 650 at cost, and as of right now I'm a month and 3 days without a cigarette, my longest I've gone in 12 years, so that's basically cemented my existence in the vaping world since it went from a way to quit smoking to a hobby literally in about 6 hours since I got handed the thing and didn't even know that a world like this existed. Anyway, I also picked up an ego twist and a few different tanks and whatever, not important I guess.

So I love my bloog and my ego twist, but as a tech junkie, smoking, something I love, going digital, is the best thing ever, and I always want to get new things and try things out, and whatever, and I'm considering several different batteries, I was gonna dive in head first, and go for a more advanced mod, but it's shocking how many things there are to know about pvs. Its like teaching a kid to read the sheet music for chopsticks and then putting Beethoven in front of them and saying "okay, this now"

TL;DR: I have a bloog 650 and an ego twist, and want a new thing

So I've been looking at several different options, Now just so it doesn't come into consideration when suggesting, money isn't an issue, which I guess it should be because I'm a broke college kid, but none of these pvs are really expensive anyway, and it's come down basically to two options.

The itaste vv and the vamo. They both look awesome, they're both highly rated and well reviewed, and as far as all my research goes, trying to compare the two is not that easy. I know the vamo has a higher max wattage and voltage, but that's not a huge deal to me. The vv looks awesome, but it seems like owning a vamo is almost a right of passage for new vapers.

So what /I/ look for in a pv isn't anything in particular. Just one that's gonna be my friend, and I want it to be at least mildly durable in that I always have it with me, so it's usually in a pocket or my messenger bag, and so its just gonna get travel wear and tear and I don't want something that's gonna give up on me.As for my vaping habit, I usually vape pretty solidly throughout the day, save for if I'm in class or at work, ya know, working, so it's also gonna have to like being used all the time.

Which do you guys think I should get? Or should I get something entirely different?

Sorry for the rambling guys, thanks!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The Vamo won't be particularly pocket-friendly.

I agree with Mark Anthony, strongly consider the Innokin iTaste MVP. This is an extremely popular mod for both beginners and advanced users alike.

I has a powerful built-in rechargeable battery that can last 2 - 3 days between charges. It can be used while it is being charged (pass through ability). No need to buy multiple batteries and a separate charger like you will with other mods. Uses an USB charging cord which comes in the starter kit along with Innokin iClear clearomizers. Only $50 for the VV version one, and $70 for the version two which adds variable wattage and a built-in ohm meter. Innokin MVP 2 iTaste Kit - AltSmoke

This is durably built to last and is pocket-friendly. It accepts both ego and 510 juice attachments.

Innokin_iTaste_MVP.jpg

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
+1 on MVP....... I like the SVD over the Vamo.....ITaste vv stick mod is a great stick mod. All three are good mods.

SVD is heavy but well made. MVP is lighter tan the SVD but square ( some like that ) The Itaste is more stealthy and light.

Before I leave you.. I must speak the name Provari for durability, american made and can be serviced if needed.

pablo_h

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
australia
Innokin brand is a first good step into vv/vw, helps that they have good clearomizers too.
Do you want a tube type mod (like the SVD), do you like or not like a rectangular box type device like the itaste MVP is?

If you get a tube type VW mod like the SVD (edit:eek:r vamo) you will have to pay another $30-40 for the batteries (need a few spare), and a charger.
While the pros of getting a box mod like the itaste MVP means not having to buy batteries and a charger, so may be worth it for that reason.

Personally I went with buying some 18650, 18490 and 18350 batteries and a charger because I plan on getting future mods anyway.
If I was going to settle on one main device and only that (besides spinner type batteries as backups), I would go for the MVP and save the money not having to buy a battery charger.
The main thing that influenced my decision was I was interested in rebuildable atomizers and drippers, hence wanting to try various mods. If I was only going to use clearomizers I would have been more tempted to just get an itaste MVP box VV/VW only, saving the hassle of buying separate batteries and charger.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Nice choice. As others have said the SVD is awesome too.

I wouldn't spend the money on a provari. I'd just get a reo at that price.
To each his own, not everyone enjoys using a bottom feeding mod. That restricts you to using just an drip atomizer or a RDA as a juice attachment.

A Provari can be purchased for the same price as a Reo, and be unlimited in the variety of juice attachments:

drip atomizers
cartomizers & cartotanks
clearomizers & clearotanks
RBA's & RDA's

I strongly prefer the Provari. Both are great mods, but I don't wish to be limited in my choice of attachments that I use on my mod.

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
To each his own, not everyone enjoys using a bottom feeding mod. That restricts you to using just an drip atomizer or a RDA as a juice attachment.

A Provari can be purchased for the same price as a Reo, and be unlimited in the variety of juice attachments:

drip atomizers
cartomizers & cartotanks
clearomizers & clearotanks
RBA's & RDA's

I strongly prefer the Provari. Both are great mods, but I don't wish to be limited in my choice of attachments that I use on my mod.

I get that, but that's what my SVD is for and it only costs $37. I'm not trying to argue with you and I understand the service/durability pros of the provari but I would spend that $200 of upgrade cash in a different direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread