"Are extra shots a necessity?" AND "Any quick and reliable West Coast vendors?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGZealot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2013
CA, by way of NJ
I've put in two orders now from MBV and I've found the flavors... well, weak. I'm guessing this is why extra flavor shots are an option and that makes me wonder if it's assumed you'll toss out the extra change for them. :glare: As much of a fan as I am of the great prices, super fast shipping and free samples, I'm not really a fan of that notion (potentially obligatory added shots), so I feel I need to move on.

My question then, is does anybody have any go to vendors who ship quick to the West Coast (price is not really my concern as much as time spent shooting in the dark) and deal bold (and hopefully accurate) flavors without requiring purchasing add-ons? I guess I'm looking for bright fruity flavors and peanut butter (I must have peanut butter) if possible; maybe stuff that follows coffee and/or homebrew fairly well. I'm not interested in tobacco flavors as I already put in an order with NET.com after trying a few "tobacco" flavors elsewhere.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
I would rethink your decision to drop MBV. A few extra flavor shots at those prices isn't a crime and they are otherwise exactly what you want in a vendor. This is all to say if you like some flavors at MBV add a couple flavor shots and you come out ahead.

I've been pleased with Nicoticket in the bright fruity vape category. Lots of flavor, worth the extra coin but not ridiculously expensive at 50ml. No free samples though. Recently I've noticed only a few of their most famous flavors have been available so check back with them if you don't find what you want right away.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I've put in two orders now from MBV and I've found the flavors... well, weak.

You may be ready to try some of what are generally considered more "premium" vendors.

Myself, I have never shopped where flavor shots were suggested. The juice is made to a recipe that works as is.

Some I would suggest, though others will choose differently, but these have been around for a while and there is a reason for that. :):

Alien Visions
Ahlusions
Copper Creek
Mountain Oaks Vapor
The Plume Room
Roar/RAWR (if you like fruits)

Criticalmass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Based on your expectations I can't really suggest anyone. The more premium vendors often have a wait time associated with their products and are definitely more expensive (and in a few cases are even worth the price... Loving my CLS today). In many cases 2+ times more expensive. No matter who you order from you will be "shooting in the dark". What we like may not be what you like.

Criticalmass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Why would any ejuice mixer offer extra flavor shots? We all know very well that well like exactly the same taste / strength in our ejuices so what's the point?

How many vendors have nothing at all to do with the juice in the bottles they sell other than the label and the price?

O rly?

If this is the case then why offer different PG/VG ratios, different NIC percentages. etc. do you really believe what you just said?

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
Why would any ejuice mixer offer extra flavor shots? We all know very well that well like exactly the same taste / strength in our ejuices so what's the point?

How many vendors have nothing at all to do with the juice in the bottles they sell other than the label and the price?

The extra shots make sense to offset muting. For example I order MBV's thug juice with 2 extra shots to offset the muting endemic to ordering a higher vg ratio and using a protank.

Also, quite the opposite, if you can order flavor shots and otherwise customize your juice, you're not getting rebranded ejuice from china. The're mixing it up for you according to your order.

RPGZealot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2013
CA, by way of NJ
I would rethink your decision to drop MBV. A few extra flavor shots at those prices isn't a crime and they are otherwise exactly what you want in a vendor.

Not dropping per se, just branching out. I'll likely be back for more peanut butter with as many extra shots as they'll agree to stuff in it. Their prices and turnaround are amazing; I sincerely doubt that will ever be matched.

Alien Visions...)

Do they not have reviews listed on the site, or am I missing them somewhere?

Based on your expectations I can't really suggest anyone. [...] No matter who you order from you will be "shooting in the dark". What we like may not be what you like.

Just wondering where folks have gotten stuff they like, so I have an idea where to browse. :) Plume Room, AiV and GLV are next on my list to try, methinks. Alien Visions looks interesting, but the lack of full descriptions/reviews has me scurred.

Criticalmass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Not dropping per se, just branching out. I'll likely be back for more peanut butter with as many extra shots as they'll agree to stuff in it. Their prices and turnaround are amazing; I sincerely doubt that will ever be matched.

Do they not have reviews listed on the site, or am I missing them somewhere?

Just wondering where folks have gotten stuff they like, so I have an idea where to browse. :) Plume Room, AiV and GLV are next on my list to try, methinks. Alien Visions looks interesting, but the lack of full descriptions/reviews has me scurred.

Nicoticket's Custard's Last Stand is really good. I just received mine earlier this week and am hitting up a 1.5ml in a Mini-Protank 2 today at work. I hear their Creme Brulee is really good too. But they don't ship fast. They ship in a reasonable amount of time, but not like MBV fast because they don't just add flavoring, the do the ingredient extraction, etc. too.

bones1274

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
florida
My question then, is does anybody have any go to vendors who ship quick to the West Coast (price is not really my concern as much as time spent shooting in the dark) and deal bold (and hopefully accurate) flavors without requiring purchasing add-ons? I guess I'm looking for bright fruity flavors and peanut butter (I must have peanut butter) if possible;
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Give Five Pawns a try. They are on the West Coast, they offer free priority shipping with every order and Grandmaster is a peanut butter juice. I am vaping it as we speak. They are a little more expensive than other vendors, but I have the juice in my mailbox in Florida 48 hours after I order it.

Five Pawns - Signature Vapor Liquid

RPGZealot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2013
CA, by way of NJ
I just cracked open a 65/35 custom Irish Cream and Coffee from MBV and, I have to say, it's pretty good. Of course, had I gotten it with a shot or two, it would be better...

That said, I placed an order for a sampler from AiV and I'm ready to pull the trigger on The Plume Room (as soon as their weekly is something I'd conceivably like) and The Vapor Room because they have a really nice sampler too.

Thanks again folks!

:toast:

Criticalmass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'd try MBV again. Even after adding flavor shots to my liking their price is great. I read the reviews and go from there.

Yea, seems like Cinnamon Roll, Sticky Buns, Pink Champagne and Moo Juice are favorites with about 3 weeks aging. I ordered Pink Champagne and Moo Juice tonight and am getting a sample of Rootbeer since that one had some mixed reviews.

I also ordered the Creme Brulee from Nicoticket. hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread