Status
Not open for further replies.

KurrptSenate

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
PA
I was ecstatic to receive my provari and SVD yesterday in the mail. Naturally, this means I vaped a bit more than usual. After enjoying my mtbakervapors root beer float for a while I started to get a Lo warning from the provari. The tank kept flooding. I cleaned out everything multiple times but the problem persisted.

I decided to call it quits till I could get some new heads.

Today I purchased 5 replacement heads and an additional pro tank II. I changed the head on the old tank and fired up the provari. Shortly after, a persistent E1 warning popped up. I tried the same tank on the SVD and had no problems at all. I put the new tank on the provari with no problems.

I'm not sure why the old tank won't work on the provari any more but will work on the SVD. Anyone know what I should do?

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
I have had that error message after 'flooding'. I changed everything and it just kept reading the same error msg. I took the tank off and cleaned the contacts really well--put the tank back on and it worked fine. I have had that happen twice--once got the E4 msg and both times I just cleaned it very well and it worked.

LoganCrane

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
TEXAS BY GAWD
20131028_214108.jpg

Sexy pic :) I know the colors don't match at all

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Are you talking about the center pin being cleaned well? (I assume)

There is some slight corrosion. Not sure what I should use. I thought about getting a steel wool scrub pad to assist in this

See my blog (the red 3 under my Avatar links to them all) on ProVari maintenance.

99% Isopropyl alcohol with a Q-tip, and a pencil eraser if there is stubborn resistance.

skex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2009
Austin Tx USA
In my experience the problem with the pro-tank is that people don't always get the coils screwed in completely. In fact I had managed to jam mine up very badly because I didn't realize it screwed in and couldn't figure out why it wasn't seating properly. So to start make sure you get the coil fully screwed in and seated in the base. if you are still getting errors after that pull the coil out and gently pry the center pin in the coil out so it will stick out further and make good contact with the center pin on your device. Just be careful not to pull it out too far.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
In my experience the problem with the pro-tank is that people don't always get the coils screwed in completely. In fact I had managed to jam mine up very badly because I didn't realize it screwed in and couldn't figure out why it wasn't seating properly. So to start make sure you get the coil fully screwed in and seated in the base. if you are still getting errors after that pull the coil out and gently pry the center pin in the coil out so it will stick out further and make good contact with the center pin on your device. Just be careful not to pull it out too far.

Well, THIS is an option to make Protanks actually work but the price is sort of high-ish. I've got two and switch them around.

I also found that the Loki beauty ring helps cut some of the airiness...something about its design is perfect for that purpose. Found that one out by accident.

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
Yes I was talking about the center pin and the area around it. I used a paper towel and a Q-tip with some 99% ISO alcohol--cleared up the problem. One thing I have noticed is that it really needs to be dried each time I change tanks because there is usually a little moisture there. I don't clean it each time--just use a paper towel to dry it really well.

Are you talking about the center pin being cleaned well? (I assume)

There is some slight corrosion. Not sure what I should use. I thought about getting a steel wool scrub pad to assist in this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread