Vapor Consistency Issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I am fairly new to vaping. I have been doing about 3 months. I have 3 or 4 eGo batteries, 2 are VV. I am having the hardest time getting consistent vapor production. I have 2 Kanger ProTanks, a ProTank 2, Protank Mini, and Evod. The ProTank 2 and JoyeTech VV battery seem to work best, but after a few vapes the vapor production goes down...

For the life of me I cant figure out what the issue is... Since some batteries seem to work better than others I feel like the battery must be the issue. It just seems like no one else has these issues...

1. Is it possible that a VV/VW Battery would help? I have been looking at the VMAX Mini (cant afford the Pro Vari).
  2. Is their any other tips or advice that might help me get more consistency.

I also seem to go through Atomizers really quickly (yes they are Kanger brand). However I think that may just be due to me constantly tinkering, and sometimes hoping that changing the Atomizer will magically fix the issue.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I use Innokin iClear 30 and Kanger Protanks, in addition to cartotanks. I don't have to fiddle with any of the three to get consistant vapor and flavor. I've been using five clearomizers for two months (in a rotation) and have yet to need to change out the heads in any of them.

Perhaps it is your draw technique which is causing your attachments to be inconsistant. These are not cigarettes. Imagine sucking on a straw in a thick milkshake. A long, slow, gentle draw works best to allow for proper wicking of e-liquid to the coil heads. The string wick system of clearomizers often can not keep up with a chain vapor.

I find cartotanks to provide a better flavor production and a more consistant vape than clearomizers. They have a slight learning curve and take a little more time to set up, but to me they are well worth it.

Is it a carto, a tank, or what?

Cartotank Setup Guide

Cartotank Help for a Noob

IBTanked pyrex tank review

Each time you upgrade to a better device should deliver a better vaping experience. A regulated (VV) mod that uses replaceable rechargeable batteries, or one like the itaste MVP, should reward you with an improved experience.

Last edited:
Ill take how I am vaping into consideration. I think I am doing it right. And I am not using a thick liquid. I have tried mixing my own and found anything more than 30% VG to be to sweet. Ideally I like more aromatic flavors. I also use heavy menthol in any flavor I use, I dont know if menthol can have any bearing on vapor inconsistency.

Are most VV batteries regulated? Is it possible that the Wattage could be an issue? I have looked at the MVP, and I like the price, just dont want something that big. Do you know of any comparable that are smaller (excluding the ProVari and anything in that rate range).

The Kamry K100 Bullet would be perfect for me except for the bottom button, and the fact that I may not be ready for messing with all that "kickable" add on stuff.

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
I have looked at the MVP, and I like the price, just dont want something that big.
Not bigger than carrying a box of smokes. Just sayin'. :)

The Kamry K100 Bullet would be perfect for me except for the bottom button, and the fact that I may not be ready for messing with all that "kickable" add on stuff.
Before getting a mech mod, it's very important to do your homework. Read the rechargeable batteries page, Baditude's blogs, read up on mechanical mod safety, watch some videos on mechanical maintenance, own a multimeter and use it to regularly test your batteries, atomizers, and mod. Remember, with a mech mod, you're the only safety feature. If you're going to do it, do it very carefully. :thumb:

What happens when you prime without pressing the button every third or fourth draw? Do you see a bubble?

I'll have to try that and see. If I see a bubble does that mean I am pulling faster than it can wick?
  • I do recall seeing bubbles sometimes.. Sometimes it also gurgles lightly.
  • Pretty often I notice the contact on the battery is slightly damp with eliquid. I feel like I am always having to check and clean it. I keep a damp papertowel by my desk to clean the contact (I am careful not to push the pin down).
  • I also seem to get eliquid in the mouthpiece area (this happens the most with the protank 2).
  • Also I notice that sometimes the draw seems constricted, and sometimes it doesnt. But it isnt clogged because if I remove the battery its pretty airy. I never over-tighten it, but the protank seems to fit pretty snug the way it is.

Last edited:
Not bigger than carrying a box of smokes. Just sayin'. :)

Before getting a mech mod, it's very important to do your homework. Read the rechargeable batteries page, Baditude's blogs, read up on mechanical mod safety, watch some videos on mechanical maintenance, own a multimeter and use it to regularly test your batteries, atomizers, and mod. Remember, with a mech mod, you're the only safety feature. If you're going to do it, do it very carefully. :thumb:

Yeah, thats true. I guess I just like something closer to a cig. I like the ProVari Mini, its the perfect size. Just not ready for that investment. The main reason I havent done a Mech mod is because of all the homework. I'm worried it will be more hassle than its worth.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I'll have to try that and see. If I see a bubble does that mean I am pulling faster than it can wick?
  • I do recall seeing bubbles sometimes.. Sometimes it also gurgles lightly.
  • Pretty often I notice the contact on the battery is slightly damp with eliquid. I feel like I am always having to check and clean it. I keep a damp papertowel by my desk to clean the contact (I am careful not to push the pin down).
  • I also seem to get eliquid in the mouthpiece area (this happens the most with the protank 2).
  • Also I notice that sometimes the draw seems constricted, and sometimes it doesnt. But it isnt clogged because if I remove the battery its pretty airy. I never over-tighten it, but the protank seems to fit pretty snug the way it is.

A bubble means your wick/atty area was less than full. After the bubble/s, its full. Not full enough = burn. Sometimes, to accommodate one juice or another, one flavor wick needs to be removed so juice flows to atty well.

Gurgling or juice in mouth means juice got into the air tube... usually when refilling. That will also cause tight or clogged draw as not enough air is being pulled through it then.

Personally, I got sick of concerns about these kinds of problems with clearos/tanks and the ProTank heads tasted horrid to me so I went with the Joye Ego CC and Type A atty. This system is designed to avoid all of the above plus leaks.

A bubble means your wick/atty area was less than full. After the bubble/s, its full. Not full enough = burn. Sometimes, to accommodate one juice or another, one flavor wick needs to be removed so juice flows to atty well.

Gurgling or juice in mouth means juice got into the air tube... usually when refilling. That will also cause tight or clogged draw as not enough air is being pulled through it then.

Personally, I got sick of concerns about these kinds of problems with clearos/tanks and the ProTank heads tasted horrid to me so I went with the Joye Ego CC and Type A atty. This system is designed to avoid all of the above plus leaks.
Ill try removing a flavor wick. The Ego CC was my next tank to try to avoid these issues.

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
If you're concerned about pricing, the iTaste SVD is well-priced, is VV/VW and it's telescoping so you could use a smaller battery to reduce the overall size to that of the Provari Mini (or there about). At MadVapes, it's $54.95 base and goes up if you add batteries and other odd and in's.

iTaste SVD Express Kit

Works extremely well, it's solid and works with button-top and flat-top batteries.

james chapman

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Kerrville Texas
I know you said you can not afford a Provari and I understand that,I could not either. I have only had my Provari for 8 weeks,but it was the best purchase I have made. The consistency in the vape is excellent. I only use Boge cartos,in a Texas Tuff tank and vivi novas,but the Provari with the AW IMR 18650 batts,give me the consistent vape I need.
I could not afford it, but after my Vamo petered out, after 2 months,I could not afford to keep purchasing cheap crap either. I had the Battery charger,so I went for the cheap,no thrills Provari. THe color is more like stainless steel,than the grey color on their site. Do you really need the green or blue led? I got the red. I did pay extra for the 18650 ext. cap. If you plan to stick with vaping,save your pennies and get the Provari. I wish I had done this when I quit smoking 2.6 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread