What is the difference between the eGo and the EVOD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

angstless

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
Detroit
Ego is the battery component, and Evod is the atomizer/clearomizer component where the juice is being heated.

Essentially, the Evod screws onto the Ego.

So basically the eGo is the battery system...and it has its own cartomizers..but EVOD has a different atomizer/cartomizer that uses the same eGo battery?

angstless

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
Detroit
Kanger Tech brand of standard Ego batteries is also known as "EVOD"

And Kanger Tech brand of polycarbonate bottom-feeder clearomizer is also "EVOD"

So, it's confusing.

Generally, when you see someone here refer to EVOD, they are talking about the tank, not the battery

So the eGo battery can accommodate the EVOD tanks

HughDaHand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2012
Swartz Creek, MI
They are NOT compatible? NOW I am confused

They are basically the same thing. Evod battery's are just going to run whatever you have attached slightly warmer, but most people won't even notice the difference. They have the same threads for attachments and use the same charger. Whats nice about the evod batterys is the fact that they are made to match the look of the evod clearomizers, which are one of the best IMHO.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
The reason I ask, is I have seen the clear tanks for the EVOD and would like to use them...does the eGo have clear tanks?

Howdy,
Do you have a link to the clear tanks you refer too?

An ego style battery has a 12mm threaded shoulder, it has a 510 connector in it's centre.
ego-510-thread.jpg

The term evod, is mostly used to refer to the atomizer device made by Kanger.
Evod1.jpg

Have fun
I

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
Howdy,
Do you have a link to the clear tanks you refer too?

An ego style battery has a 12mm threaded shoulder, it has a 510 connector in it's centre.
ego-510-thread.jpg

The term evod, is mostly used to refer to the atomizer device made by Kanger.
Evod1.jpg

Have fun
I

I like your signature
:D

cmdebrecht

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
An eGo battery and the Kanger eVod battery both have what is called a 510 thread connection. You can use any clearomizer or tank on them as long as it has a standard 510 connection.

When looking at clearos, tanks, etc, look for either "510" or "eGo" threading in the description.

So the eVod tanks will fit on eGo batteries or eVod batteries.

angstless

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
Detroit
I think you should just buy a black EVOD starter kit. I got one and it's fantastic and doesn't cost much. It will be a good step towards not asking the same question 500 times in a row.

I think you are probably correct...why should I risk everything I have accumulated so far for the difference?

Do you have a link to purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread