A Vape to the past

Status
Not open for further replies.

bilbobaggins30

Vapin' Hobbit
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
The Shire
Remember when Cartomizers were widly popular, and everyone on here used them? Here I had one boge collecting dust so, I punched it and a blast to the past has occurred. Here we are chasing rebuildables, micro coils, sub-ohm coils and we forget something that just works no questions asked. Something that we don't care hlw much vapor we get off of it, and we forget what we missed, flavor from a fresh cartomizer.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
You mean cartos, right. What I use when I'm not on the AGA-T or the IGO-L? My second favorite vape ...

JK :2cool:

I think there are a lot of people, not just me and Baditude, that still appreciate them ;). BTW, my Boges make quite a good amount of vapor and flavor. But always works with no questions asked may be stretching it. They have their moments too!

GetVaked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Wisconsin
I use mega cartomizers daily. They hold a lot of liquid, insanely simplistic, look great, and are more reliable than most toppers.

11.jpg

permafrying

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
montrose co
I use mega cartomizers daily. They hold a lot of liquid, insanely simplistic, look great, and are more reliable than most toppers.

View attachment 267369

I want everything on that table. Your wallet looks very full lol. Cartos are always a good reliable go to

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

bilbobaggins30

Vapin' Hobbit
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
The Shire
Carto's are like comfort food.....

Absolutely! I started when cartos were the big thing. Then I noticed a trend shift towards rebuildables, and I followed along. And here I am again, starting the next trend, cartos again. Simple, fuss free, they don't leak unless your O-Rings in your tank go bad, and they won't with the Slap Yo' Momma tool. I stopped using them after I killed my tank that came with the lavatube trying to get one out of it.

grayscale

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
DFW
Yep, still have a few cartos rolling around in the drawer that I pull out every so often to toke on. It almost seems as if (I'm sure they do) cartos become "seasoned", like a good cast iron skillet. There's a nice underlying flavor that develops that nothing else has pulled off yet.
And no i don't mean the taste of polyfill. Analogs did their job on my tastebuds so I couldn't taste it if I wanted to.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
I've been using only cartos since I started vaping after reading Baditude's FAQ. I did buy a protank and after a half hour of using it was like "err, no. This is not as good as a dual coil carto" lol

Protanks definately have a muted flavor compared to carto's

KalNoodle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
Wisconsin
I started out using cartos. Then used Kanger T3s for a while. I upgraded to an MVP and I could never get a good connection with the kangers. Plus, I was tired of the whole filling process: take it off the battery, flip it upside down and remove coil, very carefully add juice, carefully twist coil back on so you don't get leaks, and put back on battery. Whenever I would refill, I'd always end up with some juice in my mouth.
Now I use Bella tanks and prepunched Boge cartos. So much easier, plus better taste. I forgot how great cartos are.

nj1001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2009
Boston-ish
Eh... I OD'd myself on cartos for years. I'm glad vaping has evolved. I've never gotten flavor or vapor from a carto that comes close to a RDA, kalifun, etc. I can confidently say that I will never touch one again in my life. I did step back from years of cartos to a regular ol' 510 atty for dripping.... well actually, an HH357, so hardly a regular 'ol 510 but making that switch made me never touch a carto again. For me, I find significantly muted flavor with cartos compared to everything else I listed.

NICnurse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Another long time carto/tank user here!! Vaping over 3 years, cartos the entire time! I adopted the tank in January 2012. Never looked back.

I have tried the vivi, protank, evods....and just cannot get a good flavor. Always muted. And rebuilding is just not for me. I have tried many times, and I just do not trust a rebuildable for out and about. Probably because "out and about" for me is 15 hours away from home at work, where vaping is illegal, and nobody that I work with knows that I do it. I can't exactly whip out my kanthal and cotton wick and rebuild one at work. I need a guaranteed method. Cartos and tanks do the job.

Long live the carto!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread