Whats the deal with PROVARI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3lov3r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Seattle, Wa
Why is a provari better then lets say a vamo, innokin ect...
and what Im asking is smoke wise...

I have never owned one but have read allot of stuff how they are soooo much better. But why?
Why are they better then a cheap mod that does all the same stuff and more.

Why are they worth 3x as much.

Thanks for the help.

BostonJim

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Las Vegas
  • Deleted by Caridwen
  • Reason: Not the way we treat new members

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
im going to put it this way, go read the provari subforum. then go check out all the other subforums for the other mods. what you will see is a lack of provaris needing repairs, the few times they do provapes customer service steps up to the plate to take care of their customers.

then there is all the threads about how they are built using military design rules, American sourced and made materials, superior electronics and circuit board, how accurate they are etc.

the only regulated mods equal or better actually cost much more.

Last edited:

m3lov3r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Seattle, Wa
im going to put it this way, go read the provari subforum. then go check out all the other subforums for the other mods. what you will see is a lack of provaris needing repairs, the few times they do provapes customer service steps up to the plate to take care of their customers.
then there is all the threads about how they are built, how accurate they are etc.

out of the regulated mods I own, the only ones equal or better actually cost much more.

Still learning but I am using the search feature now that I know how to!
Thanks for the helpful words.

Are people upset there is VW on the mod?

Vwls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
AZ
1) Gives a better hit because it fires smoothly and steadily instead of in small bursts (might be the wrong nomenclature but that is how I remembered it)
2) Lasts a lot longer so you save money in the long run on replacement costs

Note - the second item is why I bought mine. As a novice, I doubt I would be able to tell the difference in vape quality, but I'm frugal and I knew I'd rather spend $200 now then keep spending $60 over and over.

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
  • Deleted by Caridwen

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
lots of peeps complain about the lack of vw but provape said they have no plans to add it, with sales through the roof they dont care either. im not a 100% provari fanboy as i would like to see some minor changes but I own a couple of them and will never try to deny the superior build quality even though I have a couple mods I like better.
here try this link :D
APV Model Specific Discussion

If you just want to vape, without worrying if the mod will last, want the vape to stay consistent, and dont need all the fancy features there is still no better mod then provari, (china keeps trying though)

as for the voltage output the only thing better then the provape pwm is pure dc like a mech

m3lov3r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Seattle, Wa
What are your favorite setups?

lots of peeps complain about the lack of vw but provape said they have no plans to add it, with sales through the roof they dont care either. im not a 100% provari fanboy as i would like to see some minor changes but I own a couple of them and will never try to deny the superior build quality even though I have a couple mods I like better.
here try this link :D
APV Model Specific Discussion

If you just want to vape, without worrying if the mod will last, want the vape to stay consistent, and dont need all the fancy features there is still no better mod then provari, (china keeps trying though)

as for the voltage output the only thing better then the provape pwm is pure dc like a mech

Strigoi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2010
Martinez, CA
I've had two of them for quite awhile now. I've beat the hell out of both of them as well and they still work.

My chrome one has a flaky button that doesn't always work. If you move it too fast the button lights up. It also has to be held in a certain position to have any of the menu stuff work. I regularly have to pull the battery because it does the fast flash for no reason.

My black one, it's a trooper. That thing has been dropped and come apart more times than I can count. It was kind of scary the first time the guts popped out of it. It's the norm now.

They both still work, so I haven't resorted to sending them in to have them "fixed" yet.

If you take care of yours (which I haven't), they will last a long time. Both of mine are hammered and they still perform well overall.

I just took the black one apart for this pic. Give it a wiggle and the top cap comes off.

lNeNXNc.jpg

edit: Just to add, I do prefer the Mad Vapes VV box mods to the Provari for a daily device. I just ordered a new one tonight because my old one is getting flaky (switch is on it's way out). I love those things. I got probably two years out of mine and am happy with that considering the price and construction of it. It gets banged around just as much, if not more, than my Provaris. All it has to show cosmetically is some cracks by the connector.

Last edited:

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Cadillac vs Chevette. My chevette served me well enough getting me from point a to point b for quite some time. My caddy? I enjoyed going from point a to b - It got me from a to b in comfort, with power, and in style. My chevette wore out and ended up in the scrap yard. My caddy has its own garage.

If I were ever to go back to using tube mods, provaris would be what I'd use.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Its funny it was not long ago people would say I dont need all those dumb functions in a mod the Provari has. Now they say it dose not do enough. Cheap mods are made with cheap circuitry. Yes they all make vapor but they do not all preform the same. Its kind of like speakers they all make sound but its very obvious the better quality speakers you have the better sound you get. Same for the receiver. The 49 dollar walmart receiver works but not so great.

Owing a higher end mod is by no means a must but anyone who thinks they are getting the same performance from a lower end mod is just wrong.

Let us know when you join the order of Provape. Most who start these threads are in the beginning stages of the Provari ordering process.

The 4 stages of a Provari owner.
1 Hater
2 coming around
3 resignation and places order
4 Rabid defender of any perceived slander to the Provari

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Its funny it was not long ago people would say I dont need all those dumb functions in a mod the Provari has. Now they say it dose not do enough. Cheap mods are made with cheap circuitry. Yes they all make vapor but they do not all preform the same. Its kind of like speakers they all make sound but its very obvious the better quality speakers you have the better sound you get. Same for the receiver. The 49 dollar walmart receiver works but not so great.

Owing a higher end mod is by no means a must but anyone who thinks they are getting the same performance from a lower end mod is just wrong.

Let us know when you join the order of Provape. Most who start these threads are in the beginning stages of the Provari ordering process.

The 4 stages of a Provari owner.
1 Hater
2 coming around
3 resignation and places order
4 Rabid defender of any perceived slander to the Provari

Very nice.

ProvarinatiRA2_zps47500a3a.png

seahawkin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Rochelle, VA
It is a big purchase, hard to understand until you try it. Best thing is I live with 2 other vapers so we get to try each others gear and juice. Honestly my life was kinda hell till then. So for me before I had a crew to try stuff with my biggest pet peeve was consistency. Drives me nuts. Fires hot, cool, uneven levels can't seem to prove it but I feel it. After buying like 5 devices, I caved and got the Provari. Steady, even, solid. My roommate using my second one. I also use on MVP2, my hubby uses the Tesla which seems solid too.

If you want to tinker the APV forms can send you in the right direction. I did a little, seeking the ultimate vape, but in the end I work a lot, have a long commute and just want to hit it and know what I am getting each time.

james chapman

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Kerrville Texas
M3lov,Boston Jim was not being mean,but you did open a thread can of worms. I was the same as you and could not justify 200.00. I would go to the site and say NO F WAY. When your cheap mods fail you,leave you with inconsistent vapes,you will pull the trigger on the Provari. You will hear this crap,of oh it does not have VW. I defy anyone to be able to tell me there is a difference. If I blind fold you and take a Vamo set on VW and a Provari,you will pick the Provari as the best vape. I hated spending 2000.00 on a Tempurpedic,but it has a 20 year warranty and I have never slept better. I bought a Vamo,it had a 60 day warranty and that is how long it lasted. The Provari has a yr warranty and you can purchase a 2nd yr and if it has a problem you can send it in and have it fixed,try that with any other throw away. I'm a noob,to the Provari,just 8 weeks,but like my Temrupedic,it was a good buy.

Criticalmass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Why is a provari better then lets say a vamo, Innokin ect...
and what Im asking is smoke wise...

I have never owned one but have read allot of stuff how they are soooo much better. But why?
Why are they better then a cheap mod that does all the same stuff and more.

Why are they worth 3x as much.

Thanks for the help.

From everything I have read it comes down to build quality, warranty, customer service, and a "must have" mentality about the product that was inspired by early adopters.

military design rules
I wasn't aware the military had laid down rules for designing and constructing an e-cigarette. Sounds like marketing to me. :)

Last edited:

III BIRDMAN III

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
United States
Someone posted a picture of the lawnmower that destroyed a Provari....
Only time I ever seen one destroyed LOL!!!!

1 1/2 Years on my Provari Mini.. Things still in tip top working order and i beat the crap out of it every day.

Its the device you grab n go worry free.
Screw on a tank and have at it..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread