Status
Not open for further replies.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Just gonna throw this up there, see where it goes....
I've been told the HighBrow tobacco Flavors are love/ hate, as in you love 'em or hate 'em. Always in search of the elusive Next Good vape, I'm thinking of giving them a try. I've had several of Bryan's sweet and fruit vapes, and as a whole found them to be good.
Anyways, I am looking at HB French Pipe (mild), Tabac de Perique and Exotic Blend with Apple added in. I know all tastes are subjective, but I have always wondered about HB Tobaccos whenever I'm at the site. Any input appreciated, thanks. Papaw

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I have a bottle of Highbrowbacco RY4 at 18mg that was gifted to me that's in my PIF box, if you want it PM me, no charge.

I can't handle it. My God, their tobacco is something else. Turpentine. Some people dig their baccos, but my mind just rejects it bigtime. I'll never order a tobacco from them, but their other juices work for me.

Kropotkin

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Maine
I very much agree about the love/hate thing. I and one vaping friend adore HB RY4 and Tabac de Perique; another friend runs screaming from the room.

Go figure. :)

If I was new to Highbrow, I'd try small bottles of the tobaccos and then let them sit for a good long while. (But then, I think tobaccos in general need a lot more aging than anything else. Perhaps because they're more robust in character? )

WellAdjustedAndroid

Oct 10, 2013
NY, NY
I agree. I ordered a Tabac de Perique when I first started vaping. It was SO awful out of the bottle I almost swore off the whole hobby. WOW.

I let it steep literally a month and tried it again. It was a completely different vape. More like a mild pipe tobacco than Perique cig tobacco but pretty good none the less. If I reorder, I will mix it with a tiny shot of something sweet in it. (I'm finding I like the fruit-backo flavors a lot.) As is I am finding I am adding it to a lower nic Halo juice (Torque 56) and that combo is the best tobacco vape is my cabinet.

R

*RJ*

I very much agree about the love/hate thing. I and one vaping friend adore HB RY4 and Tabac de Perique; another friend runs screaming from the room.

Go figure. :)

If I was new to Highbrow, I'd try small bottles of the tobaccos and then let them sit for a good long while. (But then, I think tobaccos in general need a lot more aging than anything else. Perhaps because they're more robust in character? )

Yep. I agree with everything you just said. Love/hate for sure. HB Cigar is a juice I vape daily. It is by far my fav...followed by French Pipe. The Exotic Blend and RY4 definitely have a twang about them that takes some getting used to, and RY4 is probably my least favorite tobacco of his. EB and RY4 are not reorders for me. But Cigar?...it will always be in my vape box. And I have noticed that the "turpentine-like" flavor definitely steeps out. Bryan's tobaccos need a good LOOOOONG steep before they reach their full potential. Definitely get small bottles first. I have some bottles that are several months old and they just keep getting better and better to me. One more thing, I only drip these juices...they just don't taste good in a clearo or tank in my opinion. I'm dripping cigar now...as I do all day long. :)

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Thanks for the input, sounds like my first impressions were right- Love 'em or Hate 'em. My personal taste in tobaccos is HHV with NET.com rapidly becoming my second choice. MyVaporJuice was tasty but it wrecked my coils, CravenVapes was OK at first but turned grassy and Ahlusion set my sinus allergies into fits so I had to resell those. I might get small bottles of FP (mild) Perique and EB with something fruit/ sweet added and just give them a good two to three month steep. Thanks again for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread