what vv/vw mod would you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You won't find anything better than a Provari at that price range.

Variable wattage is not "all that". It's just another way to get to the same place, IMHO. Get a device that will last years and not just months, and has manufacturer support for as long as you own it. A Provari sent in to Provape will be returned good as new within one week's time.

Every Chinese-made mod has no support post-warranty; consider it a disposable.

JoeDerty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Carrollton, Georgia, United States
You won't find anything better than a Provari at that price range.

Variable wattage is not "all that". It's just another way to get to the same place, IMHO. Get a device that will last years and not just months, and has manufacturer support for as long as you own it. A Provari sent in to Provape will be returned good as new within one week's time.

Every Chinese-made mod has no support post-warranty; consider it a disposable.

with all my research i think id be stupid not to get the Provari! i was just thinking id get both vv/vw maybe once someone can beat the Provari that is a vv/vw ill just get that.

Tiktik

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2013
Pullman, WA
How long has the Provari v2 been out? do you think a new one will come out soon?

I have a feeling the v3 is coming out soon.. I'm waiting for them to release version 3 then I will pull the trigger and purchase a provari.
I would go to fast tech and purchase a svd in the mean time... That's what my plan is :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
im looking to spend up to $300
Not to discount Provari, and I wouldn't because they are well made and reliable devices... in that price range, for tube type VV-VW APVs, a few that come to mind are the soon to be released NexGen Futura which promises to be exceptional, the currently available Fluid Cyborg (both former have DNA20 chips)... as well as the Russian/German Svoe Mesto Semovar with a Nivel chip.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
How long has the Provari v2 been out? do you think a new one will come out soon?

Absolutely no indication that a new model or version will come out soon. Provape has never indicated an interest in offering VW. Not sure when v2 was offered initially, but v1 owners were allowed to upgrade to v2 for something like $20. V2.5 just occured this past spring, and was only a cosmetic change in the milled design on the body. The inner electronics remained the same, so I think Provape is happy as is. One would think if they were going to offer VW, it would have been then. A lack of VW has not seemed to stymie sales for Provape. It's as popular today as it ever has been.

There are new DNA-based mods coming out soon, but it remains to be seen how available they will be, and what kind of customer support the companies will be able to provide. Provape is already well proven to always have Provari's ready to be sent to customers within a week, and to provide repairs within a week. Tough act to follow.

Last edited:

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Provape has never indicated an interest in offering VW.
I could swear I read one of the Provaristas saying that after a discussion with the powers that be at Provape... that they likely never will do a VW.
Honestly, I see no reason for them to jump on that bandwagon... IMO, they'd dilute their "brand" and be more - just another VV-VW in a sea of VV-VWs.

Figgy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
California
I could swear I read one of the Provaristas saying that after a discussion with the powers that be at Provape... that they likely never will do a VW.
Honestly, I see no reason for them to jump on that bandwagon... IMO, they'd dilute their "brand" and be more - just another VV-VW in a sea of VV-VWs.

I can understand them not feeling the necessity of adding VW since it is not strongly impacting their sales, however I'm not seeing the lack of a common feature as enhancing their brand. Adding VW and doing it well would just preserve their spot at the top of the hill. I don't see anyone saying that they somehow "diluted" their brand for that. I don't see the legions of vapers clamoring for a VV-only mod and thumbing their noses at VW. They wouldn't be "just another" mod. They'd still be a Provari. When VV was the only game in town and you could get a twisty stick batt for under $30, no one was out there saying they were "just another" VV mod. They were the premium mod not just because of that feature.

If someone comes along and offers the same things (the high quality, the excellent customer service) with VW in addition then I don't see why someone would see the Provari as the better buy. I'm sure Provari owners will feel some sense of loyalty to the company, but given that these things are built like tanks, how many units are they going to buy? Driving sales for this kind of APV means getting new customers.

JoeDerty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Carrollton, Georgia, United States
Not to discount Provari, and I wouldn't because they are well made and reliable devices... in that price range, for tube type VV-VW APVs, a few that come to mind are the soon to be released NexGen Futura which promises to be exceptional, the currently available Fluid Cyborg (both former have DNA20 chips)... as well as the Russian/German Svoe Mesto Semovar with a Nivel chip.

Ive been looking at the Mesto Semovar as well it looks great! I have yet to find any bad reviews on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread