Some opinions on glass cartomisers please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
Hi folks,

I've been using an EVOD since I started vaping about two weeks ago and I love it but I've come to the conclusion I need a glass cartomiser for the infamous tank cracker liquids.

I'd like something similar to EVOD i.e. I don't care about rebuilding or making coils or any of that stuff I just want something that's simple to fill, doesn't leak, works every time and gives a nice vape.

Any advice appreciated.

Optimo114

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
Jacksonville FL
I personally use Davide Glassos by Anyvape. I recently bought a Protank 2 but I like my Davides better. They are very similar. I haven't had a leak once. I have a little pouch that I carry 2 tanks in that I keep in my pocket and it has been great. I think the Davide holds 3 ml of juice but they have mini versions of both the protank and davide. Plus you can use the same coil heads that you use on the evod

Optimo114

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
Jacksonville FL
Thanks Optimo, I've seen the Davide's mentioned around the place. Protanks are on my radar too. Not sure what the difference is between the different protanks.

I haven't owned a Protank 1 but as far as I know it can't completely disassemble like the Protank 2 can. I could be wrong though. I do know that you can't change the drip tip on a PT1 but you can on a PT2.. I would say that a Davide is almost identical to a PT2 except that the Davide holds a bit more juice. The design is more rounded as well which I like. The only edge I give to the PT2 is that drip tips seem to fit more snug on PT2 and are a little loose on the Davide. My local vape shop carries Davides which is how I came across them. I ordered a PT2 just to test the differences for myself.

Jay-dub

Moved On
Oct 10, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I've got a Protank II. I'm a noob too but I do know enough to realize there is no perfect product. The maintenance my be often but not difficult. Using instructions on Kangertech's own site on how to solve the "gurgling" issue will sometimes completely drain your tank of it's entire contents. Has for me anyway. The coil gets gunked up pretty quick but I've soaked them in 90%+ alcohol overnight, dry-burned the coil (very carefully as I've burnt up several coils being over zealous) and had it work like new again for another day or two. Once again - I'm a noob and have little to compare my experience to...

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
Thanks Jay,

When you say the coil gets gunked up quick, how quick? I change the heads on the EVODs after about a week and just put a new one in. It's not every economical but I can't be bothered with recoiling and all that stuff. I don't have the patience for it and I'm not good with fiddly stuff.

By the way I see lots of versions of Protank, there's two versions of mini protank 2 as well as protank 1 and 2 I'm assuming all the ones with 2 in the name are better lol. I think mini protank 2 V2 has a removable head, not sure if that's the only difference...

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
Hi folks,

I've been using an EVOD since I started vaping about two weeks ago and I love it but I've come to the conclusion I need a glass cartomiser for the infamous tank cracker liquids.

I'd like something similar to EVOD i.e. I don't care about rebuilding or making coils or any of that stuff I just want something that's simple to fill, doesn't leak, works every time and gives a nice vape.

Any advice appreciated.

I saw some on the asian exchange that were actually like the regular Evods but glass but I haven't found any retailers who sell it and I have no need for a wholesale bulk quantity...lol I'm still looking around for you, though. I'll post back if I find anything.

Re: Smoktech thingie

$29.00??? For THAT clearomiser????

Insane.

I'll see if I can find it cheaper.

Last edited:

Optimo114

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
Jacksonville FL
Thanks Welsh and Optimo,

So I guess mini protank 2 is the same as regular protank 2 just holds less juice, is that right?

Yeah. I would suggest picking the size depending on your battery size. A full size pro tank looks silly on an ego battery imo. To each his own though

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Jay-dub

Moved On
Oct 10, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Thanks Jay,
When you say the coil gets gunked up quick, how quick?
Depends on the flavoring you use. I've had mine last as long as 8 days and as short as needing changed on the second day. Replacements heads are easy and cleaning them is pretty easy too. But, I'm having trouble with it randomly deciding to drain itself of liquid....
I change the heads on the EVODs after about a week and just put a new one in. It's not every economical but I can't be bothered with recoiling and all that stuff. I don't have the patience for it and I'm not good with fiddly stuff.

By the way I see lots of versions of Protank, there's two versions of mini protank 2 as well as protank 1 and 2 I'm assuming all the ones with 2 in the name are better lol. I think mini protank 2 V2 has a removable head, not sure if that's the only difference...
I mainly go by size. I don't want to refill the tank all the time regardless of how easy it is. That's why I got the PTII.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I use the Mini Davide on an Ego-type battery and love it. If I remember, I chose the Davide over the PT because the glass on the PT bulges out and the number of times I drop my PV I thought the MD might live longer. So far, knock on wood, it seems to have been a wise decision. I did buy backups for my backups though just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread