Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Went in for my roughly twice a year cancer/blood checkup about 3 weeks ago at the VA. When Doc came to the "how many cigarettes do you smoke per day" question, I told him I stopped smoking last April and switched to APV's. He was very pleased, and even though a non smoker invited me to toot away during the visit/checkup if I wanted to. As is typical when I go out for errands I had two Halo G6's with me, the mini tanks charged with my DIY liquids. All was good with the tests, he had the time so we visted for about a half hour, much of it about vaping.

Last edited:

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
The more doctors who are knowledgeable about the truth ... the better.

This ain't the old days when few knew much about e-cigarettes.
Today the truth is known by many professionals including doctors and lawyers.

One of the reasons the FDA has put off regulations is because they got the memo
telling them the push-back against their monkey business regulations will be huge.

I suggest today there are many in the medical and legal profession
who have switched to esmoking.

I grow weary of Mommie FDA's fear-mongering tactics
and years of gloom and doom discussions.

We will NOT go quietly into the night
and I suggest Mommie knows it !!

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Unfortunately, if you go on the professional medical forums (on the net where you have to join usually) you'll see the ANTZ propaganda and bigot groups already starting there. I hope sanity will prevail but fear it won't so I just answer "no" to smoking and never mention vaping. I go to the VA and sure won't be mentioning it there... it is, after all, government.

Rabbit Chaser

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
San Jose, CA
If they took away my vaping, I would return to their government regulated and "approved" coffin nails. I don't get their reasoning. I am not a vaping doomsday prepper, though I may become one, but I find myself stocking up. My physician was thrilled that I had given up smoking for vaping (although she hopes i find better ways to "cope" other than any kind of intake). I do what I can to pass the word about vaping (and I do a lot of research). I have steered two co-workers away from Camel non-filters to vaping 18 mg of nic only, non of the added addictive government and medical industry "tolerated" additives. We are on the cusp of medical research determining our future. I tell all of my doctors (and I have a few) about my vaping and convey what it has done for me and what it HAS NOT done to me. Keep passing the word, folks. Vape on.

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
That's awesome! My doctor is cool too! I've been back a couple of times now since quitting and every time she asks how it's going & I tell her I can tell that she's genuinely happy for me. Plus my blood pressure has greatly improved too! Can't wait to go back & tell her it's been over a year now...and I hate going to the doctor. :laugh:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
They did a story in our local paper about the "vaping craze." We are a very diverse community accepting of all lifestyles (hey, it's the Bay area!) and a local vape bar stated that a ton of their business was nurses....and DOCTORS... and firefighters. I found it interesting. And hopeful.

Still miss the Bay Area, especially the Pastel City. Went there for the Summer of Love after Monterey Pop, but I haven't lived there since '71 (I moved to Carmel). SF has always been the melting pot of the world, and that always was a large part of its appeal to me.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
My doctor was glad when I told him that I stopped smoking. He didn't have an opinion or much knowledge of vaping and was in favor of any approach that got me off cigarettes. It would have been kewl if he was more interested or encouraging, but I was still pleased with his attitude.

Goto casaa.org and hit up the Printable Materials section. Bring with next time. :) I always try to remember to bring printouts to medical appointments. If I get into a whirl of interested professionals - many of them trying to quit themselves or have family members who have tried and failed - I run out of printouts. I have yet to run into e-cig bashing from a health care professional.

Jarbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
New Jersey
They did a story in our local paper about the "vaping craze." We are a very diverse community accepting of all lifestyles (hey, it's the Bay area!) and a local vape bar stated that a ton of their business was nurses....and DOCTORS... and firefighters. I found it interesting. And hopeful.

every day when i walk past my local medical office building, there are at least 2-3 doctors or nurses outside smoking. hell, the person who got me into vaping is a nurse.

Ahoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
Philly
While nicotine is a drug still and we should all aim to get off of it at some point in our lives, it's nice to see people who are not ignorant to the fact that this doesn't destroy us like cigarettes do. I don't go to the docs that much but I never mention vaping, I just say I am leading a cigarette free life now.

Jennie O

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
N Texas
Goto casaa.org and hit up the Printable Materials section. Bring with next time. :) I always try to remember to bring printouts to medical appointments. If I get into a whirl of interested professionals - many of them trying to quit themselves or have family members who have tried and failed - I run out of printouts. I have yet to run into e-cig bashing from a health care professional.
I think I may need to do that...my Dr knows I no longer smoke but I've hestitated to tell her about my vaping, it just hasn't gotten enough positive press around here I suppose, I feel like she's probably old school, idk.
As for aiming to go nic free, I don't agree and have no desire to go that route any more than caffeine free in my coffee or occasional soda either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread