Suggestions on a clone mech drip setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

viseversa101

Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
ohio
I am looking to get a mechanical for dripping. I have no experience with mechs or dripping, so I want to keep it cheap for tryout purposes. fasttech is who i'm looking into currently.

I have been vaping for two months now first with an evic with a protank 2. Then I got my hands on a provari with a davide. Tried out a zmaxx v3 and davide but it wasnt for me. Now my everyday vape has been the vtr with a davidethat ive had for a couple weeks now. I am wanting to cloud chase and have a drip setup but dont know where to go.

I was looking at either a king, nemesis, kts, or chi-you for a mechanical device.
Definately a sony 18650 30amp for battery for safety.
Then either an igo-l, trident, or a v5 rda. Basically depending on which mech I choose, il decide which dia. fits best.

All thru fasttech, and suggestions on a good setup that some of you have used would be greatly appreciated :2cool:

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
You may want to consider how long you are willing to wait for your FT order first. I would definitely not suggest buying batteries from them.
Check out the FT forums. Whatever is happening over there isn't pretty.
You can find some budget mechs here in the US, same with rebuildaes and batteries. You might pay a little more, but IMHO it is worth it.

viseversa101

Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
ohio
I would go for the nemi and the V5 if going to fasttech, wrap up a .8 ohm coil with an 18650 battery and good to go for the day easy

LOL this si exactly what I just placed an order for 30 seconds ago, more then likely il use cotton since the .5 ohm coil with cotton i vaped last week tasted so0o good. What type of wiring to get now....

23skidoo

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Southern CA
So you can see them together, here's mine. :D

2EOpBxS.jpg

23skidoo

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Southern CA

23skidoo

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Southern CA
that setup should put out some rainclouds. love that little no name v5

I have an IgoL and 2 V5's. The V5's are my favorite, but that Igo clone is built like a tank. Thick top cap. I don't see the advantage in that, as it makes drilling out the air hole a fair bit tougher. Mine are drilled to 1/16" so I can put out decent clouds, but I am more about the flavor, and feel of the draw. I'm not running SLR either, I'm sitting at 1 ohm and have been really happy.

That cheapy driptip is sweet also, the opening is huge so dripping is a breeze. I have never liked metal tips so I was happy when fasttech started carrying those. The only part of that that isn't a clone is the CGR18650CH Panny inside.

David Muffmucher

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Personally, I'm using a clone Nemsis VW edition paired with a Igo-W (0.2 ohm dual coil). Both of these are available on FT. If you are willing to wait possibly a month or longer, FT is the way go provided that your package or its contents are not lost or damaged. You package may take a month or longer to arrive from FT. Order your batteries domestically because it seems like the Chinese mail authorities are delaying orders with them.

I bought my setup for a local shop to avoid this headache. I understand that this may not be a possible if there is not a brick and mortar store near you. Since I've already got some vape gear, I'm probably going try FT myself because the deals are too good to pass up.

Hope that helps...vape on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread