Just pulled the trigger on a Provari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blu916

Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Sacramento, CA
Hello fellow Vape-addicts, Modders and Hobbyists!

The name's Jon, figured considering I just put some real money into this little hobby I should probably finally take the time to register and say hi. :)

Just a little background about me;

I was a pack-a-day smoker for almost 15 years. Back in February of this year a few co-workers started coming into work with Mods and Ego's. After some guidance from Co-workers and research on ECF, I grabbed a little Chinese/CE4 kit from HighDesertVapes in March. (Great little starter kit IMHO, one DOA batt HDV took care of, but since that time, both batteries have survived being dropped into a river for about 10 seconds and 7 months of abuse in my pocket.)

Shortly after I began vaping, I got some Kanger EVOD's (one of the best Ego sized tanks out there IMHO) and a ProTank while dropping my atty's down to the 1.8-2.0 Ohm range. Other than getting my "Go-To" juices and buying packs of atty's over the last several months. I've been pretty content, except my inner geek was always nagging at me to get into the "Modding" side of things.

Here's the current beat-up but working setup:
jMrmBCo.jpg

So, Sunday night, after months of research, I treated myself to a regular ProVari (2 18650's/Ex-Cap/Satin Black/Blue LED/Charger). 100ft of 30AWG and 100ft of 32AWG A1 and a package of Organic Cotton balls. Should be getting it all on Friday and I can't wait!

Once the ProVari comes in, I'll start rebuilding some of the "dead" Kanger atty's I've been collecting over the past several months, using those MicroCoil setups I've been reading so much about.

Next step, I'm looking at getting some carto's, probably one of the Smoktech's DCT setups to start, then maybe get an IBTanked/Pro-V using a Boge or maybe some of those faultless Hoosier carto's? (Ohm recommendations welcomed).

Well, that's all I can really think of for now to introduce myself, I hope I'm pointed in the right direction, but any guidance from the guru's is most welcome! Now... back to the search function I go! :)

Last edited:

RubyRoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
Wow! You're eGos look very . . . uh . . . loved. That's probs what my hub's would look like too if he took them to work (he's a contractor)! Looks like you are making some great choices. I quickly moved from cig-a-likes to egos to mods, so I understand the desire to geek out and get the best vape EVER. Welcome to the forum!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Welcome, Jon. :thumbs: Excellent choice going for the Provari.

I have a standard and a mini. Despite having 8 other mods, the Provari's get 90% of my vaping attention. Simply great mods; you will not be disappointed in your choice.

I recommend IBTanks over any other cartotank. I have over a dozen of these. High quality at a reasonable cost. I suggest the 19mm diameter unless you decide to also get a Pro Ring (Provari beauty ring) and then get the 22mm. I recommend getting some Ikenvape Platinum punched cartos unless you are really set on Boges. I recommend a resistance of 2.5 - 3.0 ohm for the widest selection of voltages on the Provari. IBTanked Review

IBTanked-large-small.jpg IBTanked-MiniProvari.jpg 19 mm IBTanks

IBTankedXL22.jpg 22 mm IBTanked with Pro Ring

Come join us in the Provari sub-forum: ProVari

Last edited:

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Your vape just got considerably better. Most people think the battery is just the source of the heat to the coil, and it is. However, voltage regulation has everything to do with how well the juice is atomized. Very few devices can provide this heat the way the Provari does, and you will instantly experience the difference. The other thing is that you won't have to leave home with backup devices, a battery, sure, but not another PV/APV, as the Provari is the most reliable device we now have. I have the regular (black/Blue LED) and mini (Silver/Red LED) and am getting the wife the white mini (blue LED) for Xmas. You not only won't regret buying the Provari, but will be surprised at how much better it is, particularly comparing it to any of the lesser China APV's. Welcome to the Club, I know you'll enjoy it and congratulations. Great ADV. Welcome to the Forum!

ETA~ I use Boge and Ikenvape cartos with Phiniac Tanks. I also use the IBTanks, but prefer the Phiniac's to them. Big improvement over the clearos, imho, though some vapers can taste the filler material in the carto, rendering them less than desirable. TG I'm not one who can taste the material, as I vape cartos all day long. When I get bored, I'll fire up the RBA's and RDA's, but my ADV is the Provari and Phiniac, usually with a fresh Boge. Best to you!

Last edited:

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
I am by no means advanced enough to warrant spending that kind of money but I do have a question about the provari. I have a x6 and it is a 1300 Mah battery. I don't get to chain vape at work so I thought it should last a day or so. At least that is what others have said. What kind of battery life does a provari have. I know it would depend on battery size so let's just go with the largest one they offer. Would I have to carry a pocket full of batteries to make it 24 hours? And that would be chain vaping not my normal at work. I am a big phone geek as well and my big thing was a phone that could last me all day on a single charge. I have that now and would like to have a pv that will do the same.

Blu916

Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Sacramento, CA
Nice Provari you're getting. Congrats!

best regards, larry mac

Thank You!

Welcome Blu. You've made a gigantic step from an ego style to a Provari but you won't regret it. It will out last anything you already have and out perform them also. Congrats. :)

Thanks, I know it was a huge jump but after 7 months of minimal purchases I figured I had saved enough money from not buying Analogs to justify it. At least thats what I told my wife! :laugh:

Way to treat yourself.... Let us know what you think after you try it out.

Definitely will, after all the savings vaping, why not right?

Wow! You're eGos look very . . . uh . . . loved. That's probs what my hub's would look like too if he took them to work (he's a contractor)! Looks like you are making some great choices. I quickly moved from cig-a-likes to egos to mods, so I understand the desire to geek out and get the best vape EVER. Welcome to the forum!

:D Ya they are loved, happens when you throw them into cargo pockets or the back pocket of your jeans on a regular basis, that and well the "Paint" or whatever was used on them wasn't the greatest to begin with! I tend to be more of a "well they're still working" kind of guy, but now I might play with aesthetics a bit, owning a ProVari, how could I not? :)

Pull that trigger!
Bang...right AP?!

Ear Protection required while on range ;)

Welcome, Jon. :thumbs: Excellent choice going for the Provari.

I have a standard and a mini. Despite having 8 other mods, the Provari's get 90% of my vaping attention. Simply great mods; you will not be disappointed in your choice.

I recommend IBTanks over any other cartotank. I have over a dozen of these. High quality at a reasonable cost. I suggest the 19mm diameter unless you decide to also get a Pro Ring (Provari beauty ring) and then get the 22mm. I recommend getting some Ikenvape Platinum punched cartos unless you are really set on Boges. I recommend a resistance of 2.5 - 3.0 ohm for the widest selection of voltages on the Provari. IBTanked Review

Come join us in the Provari sub-forum: ProVari

Definitely will come over to the Provari Sub and thanks for the recommendations, I've got my eyes set on the 19mm. I really appreciate it and will look into those Ikenvapes. Also if I were to go below 2.5 Ohm, any danger of hurting the Provari? I heard really good things about Hoosier carto's as well? Any pro's or con's to a Hoosier Carto vs Ikenvape Platinum?

Your vape just got considerably better. Most people think the battery is just the source of the heat to the coil, and it is. However, voltage regulation has everything to do with how well the juice is atomized. Very few devices can provide this heat the way the Provari does, and you will instantly experience the difference. The other thing is that you won't have to leave home with backup devices, a battery, sure, but not another PV/APV, as the Provari is the most reliable device we now have. I have the regular (black/Blue LED) and mini (Silver/Red LED) and am getting the wife the white mini (blue LED) for Xmas. You not only won't regret buying the Provari, but will be surprised at how much better it is, particularly comparing it to any of the lesser China APV's. Welcome to the Club, I know you'll enjoy it and congratulations. Great ADV. Welcome to the Forum!

ETA~ I use Boge and Ikenvape cartos with Phiniac Tanks. I also use the IBTanks, but prefer the Phiniac's to them. Big improvement over the clearos, imho, though some vapers can taste the filler material in the carto, rendering them less than desirable. TG I'm not one who can taste the material, as I vape cartos all day long. When I get bored, I'll fire up the RBA's and RDA's, but my ADV is the Provari and Phiniac, usually with a fresh Boge. Best to you!

Hadn't heard of Phiniac's yet, checking them out now, and thank you very much for your advice as well!

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Dont be dumb! dont listen to Bill and Bad, they dont know what they are talking about, everyone knows the provari is overpriced, outdated, old school, doesnt do VW, the menu system sucks, the button is mushy, the end caps cost too much, everything from china is better for cheaper and its not worth the price of the shipping and you will regret spending that much.

I wonder why I own two of them....... wait......... what?
:D

What kind of battery life does a provari have.
if you go outside of provapes recommended batteries I am getting 2 days on average from the 2900 panasonic at 4v with a 1.8 ohm coil

Blu916

Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Sacramento, CA
I am by no means advanced enough to warrant spending that kind of money but I do have a question about the provari. I have a x6 and it is a 1300 Mah battery. I don't get to chain vape at work so I thought it should last a day or so. At least that is what others have said. What kind of battery life does a provari have. I know it would depend on battery size so let's just go with the largest one they offer. Would I have to carry a pocket full of batteries to make it 24 hours? And that would be chain vaping not my normal at work. I am a big phone geek as well and my big thing was a phone that could last me all day on a single charge. I have that now and would like to have a pv that will do the same.

This (from what I understand) is a bit of a loaded question but I can try to answer this one. The 18650 is the largest battery "size" the ProVari uses but you can get different types of 18650's (manufacturer/max output/maH) The maH or Milliamp Hours basically speaking to how much "Charge" the battery is supposed to be able to hold. Now the resistance of the tank you're using will effect battery life based upon the kind of amperage you're running and other factors like heat can also effect it. Plus the lengths of pulls you're doing

Basically you could put a setup together that was High Voltage/Low Resistance with a "cheaper" 1600 maH battery that might only last 6-12 hours. (Maybe even less) but most that I've heard of have setups that last 2-3 days. Get a Samsung/Panasonic 18650 with 2600+maH with a single coil at 2-3 Ohms you could probably even get a week out of a single charge. (Massive generalizations taken into account)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
What kind of battery life does a provari have. I know it would depend on battery size so let's just go with the largest one they offer. Would I have to carry a pocket full of batteries to make it 24 hours?
As I said previously, I have both a standard and a mini Provari, and use them with both their default battery size and the larger batteries via the extended battery caps. I use the Provape recommended batteries: AW IMR's.

AW18490 = 700 mah 6- 7 hours

AW18490 = 1100 mah 10 - 11 hours

AW18650 = 2000 mah 20 - 22 hours

Panasonic CGR18650CH - 2300 mah 20 - 22 hours

Blu915 said:
Also if I were to go below 2.5 Ohm, any danger of hurting the Provari?
No. The Provari has built-in protection circuitry and a 3.5 amp limit, so it would refuse to fire an atty too low in ohm. It would display an error code on the LED display, "Lo".

Last edited:

patrao_n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
United States

I have a note 2 with the zerolemon battery. And my provari even in the standard 18490 mode lasts me all day with just two batteries. This is with a 1.2 ohm coil. And chain vaping like a chimney. Usually 1 battery will get me through most of the day. Then the other will carry through the night. Never bought the extended cap so couldnt tell you about the longevity of that

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

patrao_n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
United States
Man I guess it didnt send correctly. Ok.
I have a note 2 with a zerolemon battery. so I too like to not worry about battery life . I have a provari with the standard end cap. So only takes 18490 size batteries. I use a 1.2 ohm coil on it daily.
I chain vape like a chimney. With two charged batteries I get though the day and night. You can also get the end caps to use 18650 batteries. Couldnt even imagine the battery life then. One battery gets me through until about 6. So about 12 hours of use. Then I pop in the second one. And am good to go until I get home and recharge.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Congrats on your new purchase! I got my very first kit from HDV as well! Those batts hold up amazing don't they! Be sure to share your experience with us. I wish I'd gone right for the Provari after my initial starter but all that trial & error worked in the end I guess. Oh & be sure to post pics! Happy vaping!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread