What is next.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbit Chaser

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
San Jose, CA
I have two eGo batts...one an EVOD which I love with my ProTank II Mini after a little trial and error. I also have a Kamry 101 with both single coil and ProTank. I prefer the coil for flavor but hate dripping so often so I only use it at home. The tank on it does not do much or me. I suspect you will all suggest an MVP2 or the like, but I am willing for other input! What is next?:glare:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
An IBTanked cartotank. Great flavor and vapor production, zero maintanance after setup, no leaking, great for home and out-and-about.

Options on tank size (15, 19, 22, & 25mm diameter) and three tank lengths (halfling, standard, & XL).

Baditude's Cartotank Setup Guide

IBTanked pyrex cartotanks: Review

IBTanked-on-Spinner.jpg IBTanked-large-small.jpg IBTankedXL22.jpg Clear 500.jpg IBTanked25mmsb.jpg

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My B&M always tells me to avoid cartos for some reason. Why?
They don't make money on cartos, they're extremely cheap compared to clearomizers. That's why they charge up to $5 per carto, when you can buy them for less than $2 online.

They make more profit on the more expensive clearomizers, like a Protank for $20 or more.

And most inexperienced vape shop employees know nothing about cartotanks.

Last edited:

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
They say cartos are more high maintenance than dripping. True? I trust you guys here more than them.
I don't know who "they" is... but they are confusing tank cartomizers with... I have no idea what. Perhaps dripping cartomizers - which are similar, but not the same.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
They say cartos are more high maintenance than dripping. True? I trust you guys here more than them.

Actually, nothing is simpler than dripping on a cartomizer. Very little maintanance involved other than perhaps soaking the atty in some pure grain alcohol occassionally. The act of dripping can just be tedious and inconvenient. ProVape Electronic Cigarette Atomizers & Cartomizers Refill and Instructional Video - YouTube

There is no maintanance with a cartomizer. Just refill when needed. Considered to be a disposable device after a short period of time.
How To Fill A 510 Cartomizer (Electronic Cigarette) - YouTube

Cartotanks also have no maintanance once set up. Just refill the tank when it becomes empty. Replace the carto when it needs to be replaced with a new one. Cartotank Setup Guide

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Do I need to maintain as much as dripping? I'm thinking of an MVP for ease of use during the day. I thought it looked hideous but now I think it is kinda cool.
MVP 2.0 and a IBT 22mm carto tank, with a Boge or Ikenvape cartomizer is a set it and forget it set-up. The carto will last 4-10 days... then toss in a new $1.10 - $1.80 carto and you're back in business. Simple huh? ;-)

sollymay

Sep 20, 2013
California
IMO, cartos are convenient, but at the same time, the flavor is soooooooo much better on anything else. If you are willing to try something new, I would go with the new Aspire BDC. It is really good flavor wise and at the same time, it performs well. Notice that there are two resistance values. 2.0 and 1.8 ohm. Depending on your personal setup, i would go with either one.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've been wanting to try one. i use 100% vg. will it cause any issues with a carto tank?

That is impossible to say without actually trying it. 100% vg is often considered to be thicker consistancy, but all-vg liquids differ in their consistancy. I've used 100% vg in cartotanks and not had issues with wicking, but others have reported that they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread