Just Getting Started & Need Advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatatech

Oct 11, 2013
Lexington, KY, USA
I am new to vaping, after being a menthol smoker for 29 years! So far I have the V2 ecig kit and the Ego Twist. I really enjoy the twist, but am looking to find something that would be the next step up. Can you tell me what another good mod would be for someone just getting into vaping? Also, where is the best place online to purchase mods and to purchase juice, particularly strong coffee juices? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Since it's getting close to Christmas, I really need to stay on the frugal side. Thanks everybody!!

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
I grabbed one of these myself, it's really a fantastic deal for the quality and bang for your buck. I know plenty others on the forums have gotten it as well. They just re-stock yesterday but there's no telling how long it will last. The MVP v2 is a superb VV/VW mod and definitely a step up from the Twist. I think Variable Wattage is probably the deeming factor, as well as the 2600mah battery which will last considerably longer.

Definitely worth a look: 101vape MVPv2 iClear30 Starter Kit $39.99

And in-depth look at the MVP v2: Innokin iTaste MVP V2 - YouTube

Vape well, vape often :vapor:

sigtausteve

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2013
Lawton, OK, USA
Ego twist is a solid device. I got a mech mod and I still use my twist at work and around the house. If you are looking for a reasonably priced big battery mod, the VAMO and smoktech SID are good choices for a solid variable volt and watt mod. But keep in mind you will have to buy batteries and a charger. So budget about $100 for wither of those. The innokin MVP 2 is a good one. Has in think a 2600maH battery internal battery so no need to buy batteries or a charger. Will last you forever. Is a variable voltage and wattage device. I have found them ranging between $55-$62. Solid mod as well. Do some research on them and others and she what fits your fancy, and your budget. But I will say again, the twist is a solid substitute till you get the funds together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sigtausteve

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2013
Lawton, OK, USA

Mark Anthony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
Scranton, Pa USA
I grabbed one of these myself, it's really a fantastic deal for the quality and bang for your buck. I know plenty others on the forums have gotten it as well. They just re-stock yesterday but there's no telling how long it will last. The MVP v2 is a superb VV/VW mod and definitely a step up from the Twist. I think Variable Wattage is probably the deeming factor, as well as the 2600mah battery which will last considerably longer.

Definitely worth a look: 101vape MVPv2 iClear30 Starter Kit $39.99

And in-depth look at the MVP v2: Innokin iTaste MVP V2 - YouTube

Vape well, vape often :vapor:

I agree with this suggestion...... Can't beat that price. Also check out Mt Baker Vaper for good juice at a great price.

Ramjet

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
USA
joekittock.blogspot.com

DKP#

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Missouri, USA
The SVD is liked by everyone that has one. Well built and durable.
About $75 for the SVD and charger from fasttech, and quality batteries from orbtronic(there's problems getting batteries from china).
$37.21 INNOKIN iTaste SVD Telescoping Variable Voltage E-Cigarette Mod / Battery Compartment at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10001638/1119500-nitecore-i2-lithium-li-ion-ni-mh-ni-cd-smart $2 more for one with a car adapter
NCR18650PD 18650 Panasonic Rechargeable Li-ion Battery Flat Top price is for one, but min order is two
$1.49 2*18650 Battery Waterproof Protective Storage Case - translucent / PVC at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping for storing batteries

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I am new to vaping, after being a menthol smoker for 29 years! So far I have the V2 ecig kit and the Ego Twist. I really enjoy the twist, but am looking to find something that would be the next step up.
Can you tell me what another good mod would be for someone just getting into vaping? Also, where is the best place online to purchase mods and to purchase juice, particularly strong coffee juices? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Since it's getting close to Christmas, I really need to stay on the frugal side. Thanks everybody!!

Thank you Ramjet, I will check them out!! So far I haven't had a "real cigarette" in 7 days!!

hey Tatatech, glad to see you joined ECF

so you have the ego VV batteries, and probably will always use them (a great device)
and want to get into something at the next level, well you need a direction

-MOD, battery & charger (flashlight style) or
-MOD w/self contained battery

it is kinda like wanting something particular to eat, and going to that style of restaurant
figure what you like, search a little, then when you decide the style you want, ask for recommendations...

I think by everyone telling you what they/we like, confuses you, making it harder to decide... (there's a lot of stuff out there)

:2c: :2c:

but like many said, I agree with an MVP & Mt Baker juice

congrats on a week without !! ;)

Vape≈On

abasm

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2013
Condor, AB, Canada
Hello and welcome to the forum.
You seem to have gotten some good suggestions on mods available so I would suggest as a way to save on juice you look at D.I.Y. on a small scale. Vg is available at most drug stores at a reasonable cost. Syringes are also available at drug stores. Then there is pg which aparently is available at Tractor Supply stores by the gallon. Nicotine liquid can be purchased from wizard labs eg. 24mg Nicotine solution - 120ml or rts vapes 120 ml of 36 mg Flavorless Nicotine Liquid . Add in a few pg based flavorings also available at wizard labs or many other locations and you can start mixing liquids for yourself.
Just a suggestion the choice is up to you.

TheVapingJester

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Jackson Missouri
I would suggest tne MVP V2 as others have suggested. You can pay a lot more for a setup, but the MVP has all of the features you could want or need. Really, what carto/clearo you use is going to be more the deciding factor of your vaping experience and there are just as many opinions on what is best to use there also. I just got my MVP V2 yesterday and am extremely happy with it, but am not totally sold on the iclear 30 quite yet as I prefer my Protank II. But, I am sure that since I have already taken the time to get familiar with the PTII plays a role in my bias. I would check into the DIY juices as suggested before, but also be buying juices to have something to compare your diy results to. It is trial and error, but I have enjoyed pretty much everything I have made. Well, except Loranns rootbeer. That stuff will clog your coil and taste burnt within a few toots!!! But, after I made 30 mils and hated it, then I decided to research and if I would have just looked here before I made it I would have saved my 30 mils for something else cause others warned against it saying exactly what I experienced. It was just one of those cruel life lessons I had to learn the hard way!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread