Need some advice, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

seebo

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
CT,USA
hello all,

i have been smoking for about 15 years and typically smoked about a pack every 2 days to almost 3 days, but up until the last 6 months my smoking has doubled due to stress and other issues, so i'm now smoking very close to a pack a day :(. before i started smoking more i managed to quit (cold turkey) for about 70 days with the help of a ecig (Mistic) at walmart. after i initally bought the starter kit a few weeks later i started noticing carts were becoming impossible to get.. every walmart in the area that carried them were out of stock., really no excuse, but i started smoking again! :mad:

so i'm here to try again, this time for good, but with a better e-cig. while the Mistic (mentol) seem to work ok, i would start getting burnt taste after like 50-80 pulls, and didn't bother trying to refill the carts.

i'm looking for something that doesnt' require a whole lot of fiddling, recharge no more than once per day, longer lasting carts, etc.. i was considering the Joye ego kit, but i am willing to spend a little more for something better., if anyone can also recommend a mentol type juice they like (i smoke newports) i'd appreciate it.

thanks a ton.

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Can't really help much other than don't limit yourself to just menthol. Everyone I know that was a menthol smoker that vapes now does not vape anything with menthol. They started there and then just stopped and started other flavors. Don't know why but I do find it interesting since I always heard it was harder to stop smoking if you smoked menthol.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
The best menthol I tried was a plain menthol from DFW Vapor. Just a good strong menthol, not sweet or minty or anything. I use mostly coffee flavors now though.

I'm not sure where to point you for a starter kit. There are so many possibilities! Probably the most recommended starter kit lately has been the Spinner/Twist Combo Tank Kit from My Vapor Store. You can get one Spinner and one Twist battery so you can try them both, and you can get two different types of clearomizers to try. I would suggest getting one top-coil and one bottom-coil for comparison.

You might also get a 5-pack of cartomizers and other stuff to play with to experiment and see what you like best. There are just so many possibilities nowadays!!!

cyberjunkiefr

Aug 14, 2013
France
I was like you and I also started with a Joyce ego kit. But That doesn't do it.
There was just not enough vapor or flavor.
So I switcht over to a twist battery with evod atomizer (very easy to use).
After that I switched the evod for a kanger mini protank and that really the thing that got me of the killer smokes.
A 1100mAH/900mAH and a protank mini should be enough for a day smoke.
I've got mine from fasttech, the twist and the protank cost 24$.

Nowadays I'm into rebuildable attys mech mod and I own a evic, but I still use every day my protank (mini and protank-ii).
On a small mech mod (kamry K103) de protanks are real stealth devices and real steam machines.

Keep trying you'll get there.

rhodzy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Yorkshire, England
www.rhodzy.com
I have to agree with this, I used to smoke menthol then I went onto the ecigs and got menthol flavour... before I knew it I was back on the menthol cigs!

Just try some of the other flavours out there, some are great, some are not. I find myself liking strawberry, apple, coffee

Every now and then I will experiment with a different one but I do stay away from the menthol ones!

Can't really help much other than don't limit yourself to just menthol. Everyone I know that was a menthol smoker that vapes now does not vape anything with menthol. They started there and then just stopped and started other flavors. Don't know why but I do find it interesting since I always heard it was harder to stop smoking if you smoked menthol.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Hi and welcome!

While there are certainly more advanced kits on the market, Venerable Vaping has put together a bare bone set-up for new vapers to get an idea of the type of device that's a step-up from a "cig-a-like," without breaking the bank. It's very similar to what I used in the beginning and I quit smoking just fine using it.* If you decide to move up the vape chain, you can always use it as a back-system. It costs less than a carton of cigarettes:

eGo CE4 Duel Starter Kit w/1100mah Batte..

Unfortunately, they don't carry juice (e-liquid) or have a very big selection of delivery devices (what you put on top of the battery that holds the juice and delivers it the the heat coil to vaporize)

Mt Baker is a very popular juice vendor and they also carry delivery devices:

cartomizer (scroll down to the tanks at the bottom).

Just so you know, no juice is going to taste like a cigarette. So far no one has been able to capture the taste of combustion. Despite what has been previously posted, some menthol smokers, like myself, do prefer menthols and mints; however, I don't vape menthol tobacco flavors, just the menthol. It seems to me that menthol smokers have an easier time in the beginning because they already like the "coolness" factor. After smoking for years you've trashed your taste buds and they are going to go wonky as they heal. For the first 2 months or so of vaping all I could taste was menthol, mint and cinnamon.

I'm sure others will chime in with their suggestions for starter equipment, I just posted the least expensive kit I know of without ordering from China. (There's nothing wrong with ordering from China, but shipping can take a long time.)

*It was the most advanced for it's time.

Last edited:

cyberjunkiefr

Aug 14, 2013
France
Just A little photo of the K103 with protank-I

R0014244 (Mobile).jpg

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Hi and wecome to ECF. I skipped the ego kits and went straight to the vision spinner in the 1300mah. Get 2 batteries. Each one will last a full day of heavy vaping. I would also get the Kanger Evod for a bottom coil device, very easy to use and clean and change heads. You can also try either a vivi nova or and iclear16 or iclear30. They are both top coil devices and provide a warmer vape. Most people will prefer one or the other. I love my spinners they are easier to read the bottom dial for the variable voltage settings. You want vv so that you can fine tune your vape to the liquid you choose to use. Make sure you get two of everything. You need backups while you are charging one you can use the other one. You will get a full days use with a 1300mah spinner.

Your juices. I suggest you try sample packs from several different vendors. Do not get all menthol. You may find that you prefer a bakery or fruit flavor. You will not find something that will taste exactly like what you smoked. Play with it and different flavors. Small bottles from several different vendors is the best way to find something you can vape all day. Make sure you get a high enough nicotine level. I would get at least one bottle in 24mg and a couple in 18mg and maybe one in 12mg. If your nicotine level is too low you will have bad cravings, if you get it right the quitting is pretty painless for a lot of people. Here is a link to a thread here so you can get an idea of the best juice vendors.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...discussion/304212-top-5-vendors-e-liquid.html

Read the thread. You will see certain vendors come up a lot. Those are good indications that they are providing a quality product. Do lots of reading here and keep asking questions. No question is silly. There is a learning curve and this can be overwhelming in the beginning. You will get the hang of it pretty quick. MyVaporStore.com is an excellent place to get your first setup.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Give the Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0 a try, internal battery that will last a couple days, they have been on sale lately for like $40. Comes with either the iclear 16 or iclear 30 atomizer. Be just the thing to get you off the smokes. Also the iTaste V3.0 VV/VW Express Kit or Innokin iTaste VV v3 Variable Voltage , coupon code switch for 10% off, would be great too.

There are lots of choices out there, do so searching and research and get the device that make sense to you.

Mark Anthony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
Scranton, Pa USA
Give the Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0 a try, internal battery that will last a couple days, they have been on sale lately for like $40. Comes with either the iclear 16 or iclear 30 atomizer. Be just the thing to get you off the smokes. Also the iTaste V3.0 VV/VW Express Kit or Innokin iTaste VV v3 Variable Voltage , coupon code switch for 10% off, would be great too.

There are lots of choices out there, do so searching and research and get the device that make sense to you.

This is some good advice right here...... I have the MVP2 and absolutely love it. Battery life is awesome on it and it is a beast. Read or watch some reviews on it.... you won's be disappointed!!!

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    hello all,
    i'm looking for something that doesnt' require a whole lot of fiddling, recharge no more than once per day, longer lasting carts, etc.. i was considering the Joye ego kit, but i am willing to spend a little more for something better., if anyone can also recommend a mentol type juice they like (i smoke newports) i'd appreciate it.

thanks a ton.
    I won't mess with the device issue since I'm sure you'll get way more than you want on that one ;)
    However, if you really want a menthol cig like Newport you could try LeCig's Nupier . I'ld give you a link but apparently it's "forbidden"; just google LeCig.

And welcome to ECF :)

seebo

ECF Veteran
    Oct 31, 2013
    CT,USA
    thank you all for the helpful replies.
    for now, i ordered a joye ego cc, extra battery, coil, and extra tank. also ordered a Tabac BCC and a Pro tank mini to try out and compare. i thought about the itaste mvp (local e-cig shop guy was usng one, said he loved it) but for now i need something a bit more portable until i adjust.. but i am already thinking about the next purchase ;)

so far i am liking the cc with some menthol liquid pg/vg mix i picked up locally (i have a couple nice local e-cig shops within 5 miiles which is really cool). i was able to try a few flavors there and i settled for menthol for time being, i defintely won't limit myself to just methol! the cc was easy a pie to setup and get liquid in the tank (with a needle type bottle), got a huge cloud with just the first pull. it's putting out nice vapor and pretty good throat hit without having to pull hard turning into a tomatoe, after 4-5 hits i am satisfied. i dropped the analogs already, 2 full days and so far i am not missing them. if anything, after vaping i think about analogs and i feel sick thinking about smoking one, so huge bonus. i went with 18mg nico but i may buy go lower on my next bottle.

this has been a long time coming and looking forward to how i'll feel in the next coming days/weeks/months/etc without analogs. i'm hoping for a nice bonus gains in gym, which i have been going for about 10-12 months now with some pretty nice gains, but i feel smoking was slowing my progress.

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 15, 2012
    United States
    thank you all for the helpful replies.
    for now, i ordered a joye ego cc, extra battery, coil, and extra tank. also ordered a Tabac BCC and a Pro tank mini to try out and compare. i thought about the itaste mvp (local e-cig shop guy was usng one, said he loved it) but for now i need something a bit more portable until i adjust.. but i am already thinking about the next purchase ;)

so far i am liking the cc with some menthol liquid pg/vg mix i picked up locally (i have a couple nice local e-cig shops within 5 miiles which is really cool). i was able to try a few flavors there and i settled for menthol for time being, i defintely won't limit myself to just methol! the cc was easy a pie to setup and get liquid in the tank (with a needle type bottle), got a huge cloud with just the first pull. it's putting out nice vapor and pretty good throat hit without having to pull hard turning into a tomatoe, after 4-5 hits i am satisfied. i dropped the analogs already, 2 full days and so far i am not missing them. if anything, after vaping i think about analogs and i feel sick thinking about smoking one, so huge bonus. i went with 18mg nico but i may buy go lower on my next bottle.

this has been a long time coming and looking forward to how i'll feel in the next coming days/weeks/months/etc without analogs. i'm hoping for a nice bonus gains in gym, which i have been going for about 10-12 months now with some pretty nice gains, but i feel smoking was slowing my progress.

Congrats! I would suggest researching some of the great many RY4 variants out there as well. I was a menthol smoker and have tried to carry that through to vaping but it just doesn't work over the long term, IMO. RY4 is basically tobacco, caramel, and vanilla as the major ingredients. Very tasty stuff if you get it from the right places. My all day vape (ADV) is Swagger from Pink Spot, utterly delicious stuff to me. Keep it up and by all means, if you run into an issue with your setup, ask here before you panic. Such a great resource for new vapers, take advantage of it!

seebo

ECF Veteran
    Oct 31, 2013
    CT,USA
    Hi folks! i have one question..

i have ordered about 4 menthol flavors and i would like to try a few of them and pick one that i will use daily.. my question is how can i clean the ego-cc clearo so i can try another menthol liquid? i'll probably never be able to clean out the previous flavor completely, but going from menthol to menthol should be less noticeable than menthol to other flavors. specifically, how can i clean the replaceable atomizer? i got extra but they are expensive to just replace just to try another flavor.

thanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread