100% VG vs. 100% PG & nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobocracy

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
Minneapolis
I'm pretty new to vaping -- upgraded from a Greensmoke kit to an EVOD. I didn't use the EVOD much until I got some Johnson Creek samples.

The three I've liked the most are the Red Oak (100% VG) Tennessee Cured and Swiss Dark and the PG-based JC Original. All are 1.8%.

The Red Oak Tennessee Cured has been my favorite and it produces a lot of vapor. But one thing I've seemed to notice is that the nicotine effect seems a lot "lighter" with the VG juice compared to the PG JC Original. After a few vapes I really notice the nicotine in the original, but it seems like I barely notice it with the Tennessee Cured.

Do the VG juices make more vapor per quantity of liquid and thus a lighter nicotine concentration per vape? Or is this all in my head?

It doesn't bother me, the flavor of TC I like so much it's almost better at a lower nicotine per vape concentration because I can vape more without overdoing it.

gingersnaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
everywhere
Pg gives more throat hit from the nicotine also more flavor. Vg is less throat hit and flavor but more vapor. I've actually been playing with this a bit in my DIY since i don't like huge throat hit. I've been using some pg in my lower nic and all vg in my high nic. I normally keep 1 high for i need more nic situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Pg gives more throat hit from the nicotine also more flavor. Vg is less throat hit and flavor but more vapor. I've actually been playing with this a bit in my DIY since i don't like huge throat hit. I've been using some pg in my lower nic and all vg in my high nic. I normally keep 1 high for i need more nic situations.

I'm doing max VG in my DIY projects, too.

Nicotine is responsible for the throathit. PG lets more of it through while VG masks it more. VG allows you to increase the nicotine level in your liquid without necessarily experiencing the harsher throathit. However, you trade some of the nuances of the liquid's flavor because PG also allows more of that through.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
The Red Oak Tennessee Cured has been my favorite and it produces a lot of vapor. But one thing I've seemed to notice is that the nicotine effect seems a lot "lighter" with the VG juice compared to the PG JC Original. After a few vapes I really notice the nicotine in the original, but it seems like I barely notice it with the Tennessee Cured.

If you're referring to the light headed effect nic has on some people I have no idea why PG/VG would make any difference. There might have been a mistake in labeling and the Tennessee Cured is actually lower nic than it should be. Can't think of anything else.

If it's throat hit you're referring to, that's been answered very well in the earlier posts.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Juice Components
Flavoring usually about 3- 15%- could be higher or lower depending on the flavor used.
PG enhances flavor, TH and lung hit- water like - many of us believe PG to be a throat irritant.
VG= vapor and can mute flavor- thick
Nicotine- TH, lung hit and our need for nicotine. The MOST important ingredient in regards to TH and lung hit.
Standards in the industry are 80/ 20 or 70/ 30 PG/ VG BUT many are moving towards a 50/ 50 ratio as it provides a smoother vape.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
even at 50/50 I started to cough..all vg seems to do the trick for me, I add a little distilled water to my mix.

I remember trying a 24mg liquid with max PG and it about knocked the back of my neck out. I just couldn't use it, no matter how long the liquid aged.

I tried the same recipe with max VG and while the throathit was still powerful, it was much more tolerable.

I'm also a big fan of Johnson Creek's Red Oak line. Those are my all day favorite flavors and I'm desperately trying to duplicate both the Tennessee Cured and Domestic flavors in my evil DIY lab. I'm gaining on it, one step at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread