Noob review of the Davide BDC Glassomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
Hello ECF, Just a quick look at the Davide BDC Glassomizer from Anyvape with the Aspire BDC heads.
What's BDC you ask... Bottom Dual Coil
You may have seen pbusardo's review on the Aspire heads in some other style tanks. As far as I know this was the first BDC glassomizer.

I got mine in the mail yesterday from Gotvapes. Took 8 days First Class International (R) from U.S. to Canada and arrived in perfect condition, as always from them. (Seems a little soon to review but was just so impressed I couldn't wait)

Workmanship
Amazing, It's got an excellent weight to it, Nice buttery threads and a Smooth finish. No leaking/flooding or burning so far. holds about 3ml of juice.

Flavor
I'm really amazed with the flavor from these, far beyond my expectations.

Throat Hit
Really solid throat hit, (might need to reduce my nic) was a little strong at first.

Vapor
Tons of vapor

Conclusion
My favorite bottom glassomizer yet, They defiantly stepped up the game on this one, I really can't find a bad thing to say about these (Yet), The vape quality is considerably better in flavor, throat hit and vapor than the single bottom coil glassomizers I already own.

Verdict
For about $22.00, if you're in the market for a glassomizer with intense flavor this could be the one for you.

(Kangertech also recently produced a BDC placing it in the new Protank 3, Hope to see or hear a review on these soon)

FYI The Davide BDC set up also fits on the first two Protank models with no issues.
And the Davide BDC can still use the single coil Kanger style heads.

So now for a quick follow up.
Let me start by adding some info, that I forgot

The kit came in a small paper box w/ a formed plastic insert, containing the normal flared beauty ring and also 2 heads, 1.8ohm and 2.1ohm.

The 1.8 ohm head has 4 little holes in the side of the head, and the 2.1 ohm head has 2 holes.
The 2.1ohm tested at 2.2ohm and the 1.8ohm head tested at 1.9ohm

That being said, Lets cover some flaws.
I based my opening review on the 1.8ohm head with 4 holes, I vape 100% vg Juice and set my voltage to taste at 2.0 volts.
This head performed without issue.

But, when I changed to the 2.1ohm head with only 2 holes, this is where I ran into issues.
Because this head only has 2 holes it failed to wick properly with the viscosity of my juice and I ran into some dry hits.
In fact alot of them.
I fiddled a bit with airflow to create vacuum and it did ok for a while, but still got a dry hit now and then if I chain vaped it.
So for me with my juice viscosity the 2 hole design just doesn't perform well.

This next issue really isn't so much a fault on the unit, but I feel I need to add it anyway.
Most of my review was done using my Provari.
I did however try it on a couple of my freshly charged Joytech ego-CTwists and was not impressed.
The dual coils just didn't seem to get the constant voltage they needed to work properly on these.
Flavor was still intense, but throat hit and vapor was really diminished on the Twists.

Well that's all I really got for now on this.
I still hold true to my opinions in all former statements on quality and performance.
I really do like this Item.

Thanks Guys and Vape On!!!

Last edited:

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
I might have to try that one, haven't had any dual coil tanks yet....I think it's pretty nice in the 'looks' department too....also glad you added that Kanger tidbit....cuz I really like Kanger stuff.

lol...maybe we need a 'Noob review' thread
:D

I'm also a Kanger fan, But Anyvape is really making some amazing products, and just an FYI, the Davide BDC setup does fit on both the Protanks and works beautifully, Not sure how Kangers new head is going to be yet.

And yes... We noobs need a review spot, lol

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
CAUTION: 1. Some reviews are paid for by the vendor and therefore may not represent a truly independent view of the product. In some cases they are a form of advertising - and adverts don't tell you what is wrong with the product.
2. Reviewers' websites may contain affiliate links, and an enthusiastic review might lead you to click a link and then purchase the product.This results in paying a fee to the reviewer (called an affiliate commission). While most reviews may be accurate and independent, we cannot guarantee this is always the case.
3. Honest reviews always flag up faults - because no product is perfect.
4. No review of a brand new product just received by a reviewer can be considered accurate: faults may not show up for a few days.

LOL... Ok, I see, So I should lie then about my honest opinion in reviews in order to make them more believable and honest, So saying I had it for a few weeks and then make up a flaw altering my honest opinion would make it look like a real honest review?

Wish I had seen this before I did my Noob review, I definitely would have lied more and changed alot about my honest opinions...

Hahaha, I'm just kidding. I understand why that statement is there, but to be honest I believe it to be more destructive than productive... As now I'm wishing I didn't do a fresh out of the box review and make myself look like a bigger noob than I already am... But this is why there should be a "Noob" review.

Personally I like a first impression review and I would have called it "A First Impression Review" if I wasn't a noob and knew what I was doing on the forums. (I'm not as upset as this makes me look) Just feel a little embarrassed and blindsided by the advisory and how my review looked to me after this was all pointed out.

I wouldn't be feeling so awkward if it had said something like this in a forum for "Noob Reviews"...
"Please be advised these reviews were done by new members of ECF and the reviews on products done here may not be as accurate as reviews done by veteran members with more experience in reviewing products"
Or something along them lines.
Yes I know, Us noobs are never happy, lol

CAUTION: This product may turn into a dinosaur and eat your cat, Please be advised!!!

Last edited:

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
What did you pay for shipping? Thx

It was a rather large order but I think the shipping was fair, some vendors are very high on the shipping for international, But as we know alot will not even ship to Canada, Their prices on some items are a bit high though, But over all good service.

United States Postal Service (0.64lbs) (First-Class Package International
Service™ (Varies by destination)): $9.70

look30

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
California
Kewl review,

I just ordered on from Viper Vape: Premium Vaping Supplies for 16.99 +~$11 shipping to Canada.

I already have the Aspire T3 BDC and it's friggin awesome but I can't get replacement coil heads yet as our Chinese friends screwed the T3 lovers once again by having a dedicated design for that variant only .

Regardind using the BDC on a small "cigalike" I put the T3 BDC on an iTaste VV V3 and that thing was working phenomenally , battery got a tad warm but still pumping vapor like crazy , I don't see any reason for Davide BDC to be any different.

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
Kewl review,

I just ordered on from Viper Vape: Premium Vaping Supplies for 16.99 +~$11 shipping to Canada.

I already have the Aspire T3 BDC and it's friggin awesome but I can't get replacement coil heads yet as our Chinese friends screwed the T3 lovers once again by having a dedicated design for that variant only .

Regardind using the BDC on a small "cigalike" I put the T3 BDC on an iTaste VV V3 and that thing was working phenomenally , battery got a tad warm but still pumping vapor like crazy , I don't see any reason for Davide BDC to be any different.

Yeah these Aspire heads are great, and should be fine on the iTaste, Just seems my voltage dropped off on the twist under such load from dual coils

Oh wow, I just noticed where you ordered yours from, They had at one point a flat $25.00 or $35.00 shipping fee, can't remember exactly, lol, But I actually filled my cart there and got an e-mail from them asking why I abandoned it, I told them I wouldn't pay that dollar amount shipping, for I think it was a $16.00 item. great that they came down on that.

Last edited:

JaneB

Unregistered Supplier
Nov 1, 2013
Colorado
vapeshop.com
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

mrfixit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Akron, Ohio
Hey guys just a friendly fyi while ecf is a great source of information and some friendly folks there are an extreme amount of rules and regs that if violated can result in well what the op experienced. Also I am sad to say that at times politics come into play and things get lost in all that crap. In all honesty all reviews are just that a persons opinion of a particular product. Right out of the box reviews stated as such are a good thing. Of course any product no matter how long you've used it could have issues at any time. So a few days or weeks or months should be irrelevant. Great review by the way and when it comes to new products we are all noobs so to speak. I am going to be ordering a few of these new bdc's myself this week. I may get one of each brand to compare. If I do I'll post my results here for you all. Vape on my fellow vappers!

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
I love the BDC atomizer too.
Using all the time now with my eVic.
Funny though - it works really well with my eGo VV Spinner as well. Wondering why it does not for you...
I also found the other CE5 BDC atomizer work just as well. I think it is all in the coil at the end of the day - or at least most of the experience is driven by the coil design. I guess it is just a really good design compare to what I use to vape with before. A huge improvement for sure.

Got mine at WorldOfVape: Best Vape - Best Price - fast shipping too with 100$ insurance on the package just in case.
Got the replacement heads there as well for 9 bucks or something (for 5 heads).

I think I'm just one of them ProVari spoiled brats, lol

Did your 5 pack heads have the 4 hole or the 2 hole when they came?

JaneB

Unregistered Supplier
Nov 1, 2013
Colorado
vapeshop.com
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread