Provari...why do people get uptight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dracu

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
new jersey
I really want to get a provari based on how well its built and how accurate it is as far as what I am hearing about it. What I do not understand though is why when someone makes a statement that it is overpriced or there are mods just as good and far cheaper, all the heat that someone has to take.

I thought people have a right to give an opinion. God forbid I purchase one and give a negative review on it...Will people be in front of my house with torches...????????????

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I really want to get a provari based on how well its built and how accurate it is as far as what I am hearing about it. What I do not understand though is why when someone makes a statement that it is overpriced or there are mods just as good and far cheaper, all the heat that someone has to take.

I thought people have a right to give an opinion. God forbid I purchase one and give a negative review on it...Will people be in front of my house with torches...????????????

My understanding is that you will be very pleased with your purchase, go for it. But you also say, "I thought people have a right to give an opinion." They do and they gave one. :)

ETA: Misread your post, sorry. There won't be "people be in front of my house with torches" unless you tell them where you live. You haven't told them where you live, right?

Last edited:

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
Greetings; I looked up the price of Provaris among Canadian vendors today ($200+), and if I made negative comments about this particular mech mod, it would be motivated by jealousy against people who can easily afford them!

Are you positive that all of the comments you read are 'heat' directed at you, rather than suggestions about worthwhile alternatives to consider?

Regards
Glenn

dracu

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
new jersey
Greetings; I looked up the price of Provaris among Canadian vendors today ($200+), and if I made negative comments about this particular mech mod, it would be motivated by jealousy against people who can easily afford them!

Are you positive that all of the comments you read are 'heat' directed at you, rather than suggestions about worthwhile alternatives to consider?

Regards
Glenn

I guess you are talking to me...if not, excuse me.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Here's the scoop: Watch the first 10 minutes of PBsardo's review of the Provari. He does a silly skit at the beginning as an anology of the "cult-like" fanaticism of Provari owners, and then explains why this phenonemon even exists.

People who do not own a Provari can't imagine why anyone would spend $160 for a high end mod. When owners attempt to reason why, heated debates occur and threads get closed by forum moderators. This happens on a weekly basis on ECF. Get used to it. Get you a Provari and don't be concerned about the haters. Haters are gonna hate.

BTW, PBusardo now uses a Provari as his main mod.

Last edited:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
It's a problem on the forum, certain brands like Provari and Reo have strong FanBoy followings. If you give a negative review you get flamed.

You'll probably be happy with the Provari if you plan to use it in Plain Jane Vanilla Vaping.Understand that it won't work in Sub Ohm Vaping and has a 3.5Amp limitation. I believe that 70-90% of the vaping community vape in the Provari tolerances.

At this point in time there is no VV unit that can match Provari in terms of quality and ruggedness and Warranty. It is Pricey but you are getting an American Made and warrantied product.

One of the problems with most Chinese Manufacturerd VV Mods on the Market is that you have Hit and Miss Quality. One person buys one and it works great, another person buys one and it's defective from the Go. Also many don't hold up for the long term.

The Provari is not Hit and Miss only a very small percentage ever have a problem with the Provari.

Value is in the eye of the beholder. Saying something is not worth the money that's a judgement call.

Me I was willing to pay extra for the quality and don't regret it. But that was 2 1/2 years ago. Today I probably wouldn't buy one because my preferences have changed. I'm into bottom feeders and also in VV I've found the Itaste MPV to be a very good unit. Definitely not Provari quality but I can buy 3 MPV for the price of a Provari and not have battery decisions or charger decisions.

Last edited:

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
:facepalm:!

I mentioned a while back that a Tesla would be a better choice over the Provari. I said "based on a Provari owners logic a Tesla is worth 3 times what you'd pay for it". So if a Provari costs £180 then that's ok and it's worth every penny. The debate shouldn't be "is a Provari worth what they charge ?" it should be "Is the Tesla underpriced ?".

I'd just like to point out both of these devices are variable voltage. So sooner or later, because of the wiring and circuitry, they will fail. In contrast a mech mod should last forever. So is a "variable voltage device" worth what provape charge ?. In that respect, NO, no it isn't !

Let me ask this, if Provape started making mech mods would they charge customers up for it because it is made by them and they now have a good reputation ?. Or Provape don't make mech mods because they know no one would pay the price they would want !. How could Provape make a mech mod that would be worth as much as a Provari ?.

dracu

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
new jersey
Here's the scoop: Watch the first 10 minutes of PBsardo's review of the Provari. He does a silly skit at the beginning as an anology of the "cult-like" fanaticism of Provari owners, and then explains why this phenonemon even exists.

People who do not own a Provari can't imagine why anyone would spend $160 for a high end mod. When owners attempt to reason why, heated debates occur and threads get closed by forum moderators. This happens on a weekly basis on ECF. Get used to it. Get you a Provari and don't be concerned about the haters. Haters are gonna hate.

BTW, PBusardo now uses a Provari as his main mod.

It's funny because I have seen this video an is the main reason why I want one. lol...love that song.

Charlie C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I for one, would never take offence over a negative Provari comment.
Why?
Because I don't care and I've got better things to do.

Is the Provari the greatest PV ever made?
Probably not. There's always something better but.......
I haven't found it yet.

I agree there's a lot of hype but it's justifiable.
I only wish I had more than one!
And this Christmas it's time for a REO :toast:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'd just like to point out both of these devices are variable voltage. So sooner or later, because of the wiring and circuitry, they will fail. In contrast a mech mod should last forever. So is a "variable voltage device" worth what provape charge ?. In that respect, NO, no it isn't !

Let me ask this, if Provape started making mech mods would they charge customers up for it because it is made by them and they now have a good reputation ?. Or Provape don't make mech mods because they know no one would pay the price they would want !. How could Provape make a mech mod that would be worth as much as a Provari ?.

First of all, a Provari is made every bit as durable as a mechanical mod.

Second, if any Chinese-made mod fails (such as your beloved Tesla), consider it a throwaway as China manufacturers do not do repair work. If by the unlikely chance a Provari should need repair, you can send it back to Provape and have it repaired free of charge and with free shipping, and have it back within a week good as new. Should it be out of warranty, they will still repair it for a minimal parts/service fee for as long as you own the mod, and return it within a week. So, like a mechanical mod, a Provari should last forever.

Standard Service Repair Costs:

Replace Window and screws- $10.00
Replace Circuit Board - $65.00
Upgrade to V2 - $20.00
Replace plastic pushbutton - $5.00
Repairs to the circuit board - $25.00
Cleaning - $20.00
Replace top cap - $15.00
Broken Cartomizer Service - $10.00
Return shipping within the USA - $5.00

Comparing a regulated mod with a mechanical mod is like comparing apples to oranges, so I don't understand why you even brought the subject up. But having said that, I stand by my statement that a Provari is built as durable as any mechanical mod is.

Does anyone complain that a Caravella mechanical mod can cost upwards to $1000? Or that an Otto Carter costs $3000?

Caravella.jpg otto-carter-chi_you-Tribal.jpg

Last edited:

gingersnaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
everywhere
I don't have a provati but I remember way back when they came out i thought I wanted one. But for what you get it is very over priced. I ended up with a lambo and now have an evic. And now I do not want a provari.

What you buy is your choice but its good to do some research and make sure you are happy with what you chose. But people are right it is over priced when you can get something of equal or better value much cheaper. The only reason IMO provari is so popular is it was among the first if not the first of its kind. But it is falling behind in what it can do compared to other similar mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Weizenheimer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
North Carolina
I bought one myself as my first and so far only vaporizer. I did understand that there were much cheaper things to buy, but as someone who was spending $120 every month on cigarettes, the $180 for the Provari didn't seem like a big deal. I like all the things mentioned so far about being American made, durable, reliable, along with the fact that the voltage output is steady all the way through a charge, being able to increment the voltage in .1V increments to dial it in just where I like, and the ability to check the resistance of whatever I screw into it. At the beginning of my 4th week of vaping (this week) I have already made my own juices and started rebuilding coils, so I'm pretty sure I'll be in the black in a couple\few months.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Quote baditude

"Comparing a regulated mod with a mechanical mod is comparing apples to oranges, so I don't understand why you even brought the subject up."

"Does anyone complain that a Caravella mechanical mod can cost upwards to $1000? Or a Otto Carter costs $3000?"

I think no one complains about the price of these particular devices because people don't wind on about them all the time. I thought it was obvious why i was talking about a mech and variable voltage in the same sentence. Just to reiterate, a mech mod lasts forever and a variable voltage device doesn't : Standard Service Repair Costs:

Replace Window and screws- $10.00
Replace Circuit Board - $65.00
Upgrade to V2 - $20.00
Replace plastic pushbutton - $5.00
Repairs to the circuit board - $25.00
Cleaning - $20.00
Replace top cap - $15.00
Broken Cartomizer Service - $10.00
Return shipping within the USA - $5.00

<<< Unless you want to keep paying to have it repaired

I was talking about a mech mod in contrast to a variable voltage device. I think i can compare the 2 in this context can't i ? Chalk and cheese, apples and oranges. One lasts one don't. That was my point !. "I'm a little confused because you highlighted what i'd said in your own words but you don't seem to realise it.

So i hope you understand why now !.

I do hope you haven't made the same kind of mistakes in your other 11,990 posts. That would be funny !.

Last edited:

lvm111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Wylie, Texas
I don't have a provati but I remember way back when they came out i thought I wanted one. But for what you get it is very over priced. I ended up with a lambo and now have an evic. And now I do not want a provari.

What you buy is your choice but its good to do some research and make sure you are happy with what you chose. But people are right it is over priced when you can get something of equal or better value much cheaper. The only reason IMO provari is so popular is it was among the first if not the first of its kind. But it is falling behind in what it can do compared to other similar mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

" I don't have a provati ". Then how do you know it is way over priced? How do you know you can get something of equal or better value much cheaper? It's just pure speculation on your part to make these statements.

best regards, larry mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread