Questions from a new vaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I just started vaping today. I just bought a EGo Ce4 kit with an 1100 mAh battery and a the Ce4 clearomizer. I've spent the entire day looking around for solutions, and I've solved some, but not some others. So if anyone could help me with some things, I'd be grateful.

First off is the battery. I got the package, and first thing I do is charge it. I plug in the usb, it turns red, starts charging. Less than an hour later, the light turns off (which means it's done charging.) I assumed it was already charged beforehand, so I didn't need to freshly charge it. Could someone clarify this?

Second, is the liquid. I bought 3 types of liquid from Mister-e-liquid.com, Pomegranate Lemonade, Lemon Ice, and Bermuda Rain, all 33% VG. The Lemon Ice doesn't give me any problems, but the other two won't vaporize and all I get is bubbling sounds and some condensation inside the clearomizer. Is there something wrong with the liquid? Or is it something else?
Lastly, the two liquids start leaking out from the part that connects to the battery. I could really use some help on this part. It may or may not be related to the previous problem.

Thanks for any help.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Sounds like a connection problem. Could be the coil is not seated properly. Could be the bottom pin on the clearo, or can be the pin on the battery has been pushed down. Carefully lower the pin on the clearo, check and lift the pin on the battery, reseat the coil head, and see if you can get a proper connection. Bet that one of those is the culprit and it should be fairly easy to correct. Good luck and welcome to the Forum.

Jayvaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
South Florida
as mentioned, make sure the head is on tight to the shaft inside the clearo. Also, make sure the base is screwed in nice and tight to the tube and that the drip tip makes a good seal on the rubber cap inside the clearo.

You could also be overfilling the clearo. Make sure you do not fill it above the fill line. this can sometimes flood the clearo and cause the coil to become flooded and not produce good vapor and cause that 'bubbling sound' you describe.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
the other two won't vaporize and all I get is bubbling sounds and some condensation inside the clearomizer. Is there something wrong with the liquid? Or is it something else?
Lastly, the two liquids start leaking out from the part that connects to the battery. I could really use some help on this part. It may or may not be related to the previous problem.
Your two clearomizers sound flooded. Internal parts may not be fitting right; you could have overfilled it or got liquid into the center air hole; you could be using an incorrect draw technique and causing it to flood.

A long, slow, gentle draw works best; imagine sucking on a straw in a thick milkshake.

I don't know if CE4 clearos have improved any over the last several months or not, but I remember that their quality and consistancy being rather suspect and I decided to not waste my money on them in the future. There are far better juice attachments for an eGo battery. I've had very nice experiences with the Innokin iClear clearos and decent results with the Kanger Evod and Protanks.

kapp_badbloodz

Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Browns Mills
From my experience; when I would over-tighten my clearomizer to my battery it would gurgle and leak from the hole on the coil. What I did was make sure the coil was tight against the base, screw on the clearo till it was touching the battery (when you screw down and begin to feel resistance), then go 1/4 or slightly over a 1/4 more tight. This way it prevents the coil from compressing too much and causing a leak.

I have gone through everything and that is the only thing it could be and it works (for me). Again, screw the coil into the base FIRM and TIGHT. Then refill the liquid (85-90% full). Tighten the base to the clearomizer completely. Then screw the clearo onto the battery till resistance is made then turn 1/4 more.

I think when you do this (and clean any liquid that may have leaked into the battery) you will be able to enjoy your other liquids :)

cap269

Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
Buckeye, AZ, USA
though I still get some condensation.

Condensation is normal. You will always get some because the room temperature is much lower than the vapor temperature so some of it condenses on the tip. It usually dries out on its own after you stop vaping, or you may need to remove the tip, blow air gently through the tip to remove the condensation. Make sure to do this part over a towel or napkin to catch the condensate as it comes out.

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
Condensation is normal. You will always get some because the room temperature is much lower than the vapor temperature so some of it condenses on the tip. It usually dries out on its own after you stop vaping, or you may need to remove the tip, blow air gently through the tip to remove the condensation. Make sure to do this part over a towel or napkin to catch the condensate as it comes out.
Also: I find that it helps if I continue to draw lightly just a moment after I stop pressing the fire button. Vapor can be heavier than air, and when it is it will otherwise hang around in the tube. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread