Volcano Inferno -- Help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSullivan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Spring Lake Heights
I am thinking about getting the Volcano Inferno starter kit. I have a Halo g6 now, but I need something stronger than a cic-a-like. Is the inferno compatable with other 510 threaded gear? Can I use it with Ego stuff, and Kanger tanks? I am new. Need help please. I do not want to waste money getting the wrong thing. Thanks soooo much for any help :)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I am thinking about getting the Volcano Inferno starter kit. I have a Halo g6 now, but I need something stronger than a cic-a-like. Is the inferno compatable with other 510 threaded gear? Can I use it with Ego stuff, and Kanger tanks? I am new. Need help please. I do not want to waste money getting the wrong thing. Thanks soooo much for any help :)

The Volcano Inferno has 510 threading but no eGo threading. What looks like eGo threading is for their proprietary cartos. Since most Kanger tank clearos - T3, T3S, Baby T3, MT3/S, Evod, Protank, mini protank use eGo threading, you wouldn't be able to use them without some type of an adapter and not sure if there is one that would look right. Same for any eGo-t or eGo-c cones or the eGo-cc. All other 510 attys, clearos, cartos should work on the 510 threading....

DSullivan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Spring Lake Heights
The Volcano Inferno has 510 threading but no eGo threading. What looks like eGo threading is for their proprietary cartos. Since most Kanger tank clearos - T3, T3S, Baby T3, MT3/S, Evod, Protank, mini protank use eGo threading, you wouldn't be able to use them without some type of an adapter and not sure if there is one that would look right. Same for any eGo-t or eGo-c cones or the eGo-cc. All other 510 attys, clearos, cartos should work on the 510 threading....

Thank you Kent. They sure don't make things easy, do they. Wish they would standardize everything. At least for the big 3 catagories: 1)ciga-likes 2) 510 size 3) big PVAs.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
Just get the innokin taste vv/vw v3.
800 mah, pass through, vv, vw, use phone charger to charge or use while driving, looks nice, doesnt roll off surfaces, digital readings, battery life indicater. Easy to use, cheap but made nice, replacable etc

Buy from www.desertvapes.com
$25

also as far as tanks go.
i like iclear 16
dual coils, easy to fill, easy to clean, fairly cheap.

i just started using smok cartos and carto tanks and prefer those over the clearos now.
Less burnt hits, less finickying and tinkering, many glass options, consistant, cheaper over all.

Of coarse this is just my opinion and what i wished i had done instead of all the money wasted it took me to figure this out :p

Last edited:

DSullivan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Spring Lake Heights
Thanks everyone. I decided to go with Ego/ Kanger batteries and tanks, etc. At least until I am ready to move up to something like the Provari or similar, at which time I will be looking for help deciding again. They seem to have the vapor production and flavor capacity I need for right now. Don't know yet what will make me go to the next step in PV's, since they seem to be enough, but there must be a reason people spend a few hundred bucks for the big jobs.

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
You can absolutely use all Protanks on the Volcano Inferno batteries. I did and I do. The Protanks have 510 threading. The Protank 2 is a little big looks wise for the Inferno, but it works fine. The Protank mini looks much better.
The Inferno is a nice starter set.

You can, but have to use the proprietary plinth cover that uses O-rings instead of threading. That said, you cant use a cone style thread cover.

As for being a nice starter kit, I started with this myself, but looking back, would NOT recommend this kit considering there are far better options available for only a fraction of the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread