100% vg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam1051V

Oct 24, 2013
Lincoln, NE, USA
Hello all, I just wanted to introduce myself here and ask for help on a problem Im having.

My name is Sam, I have been vaping for around a month now and have been lurking here reading around the forum the whole time. :2cool: I get my hardware from Halo and my juices from GNS here in Nebraska. I am in love with my Halo 1300mAh and my Halo VV 900mAh, but this is where I run into my problem. I use my 1300mAh for vaping when I am craving some nicotine and use my VV just to play and vape with all day. I would like to make a 100% VG juice with no nic and no flavor for this purpose. I have tried using straight USP VG, which was too thick. So I tried a few drops of distilled water with it, which seemed to be the perfect consistency, but would not wick. After sitting for around a hour, the top half of the wick still looked completely dry. I tried more water but that was just too thin. I mix some VG with all my pre made flavors to increase vapor, which works perfectly, as Im not a huge fan of PG. :vapor:

So if anyone could throw some tips my way, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ECF! ;)

Blkwdw86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2013
Gladewater, TX
When I make VG juice, 10% water seems to do the trick for me, 15% if I'm using a top coil atomizer.

It's trial and error. Whip up a trial amount (I do 1 or 2 ml for trials), write down what you did, and give it a whirl. No luck? Wash it out, make another one with adjustments, try again. When you come across what works, make a larger quantity and try it for longer, see that it gets the job done. If it works, you've got your formula, carry on with it.

The same goes for flavors. Taste is subjective, what works for someone gracious enough to post their recipe for a flavor may not work for others. Most of the time it works right from the get-go, but when it doesn't, trial and error takes the helm.

I'm precise in my experiments, I avoid "drops" like the plague. A drop from an 18ga needle is vastly different than a drop from a dropper bottle or a needle-less syringe. With very small trial amounts (waste not, want not is my motto), the variance in the size of a drop makes a HUGE difference. Invest in the proper measuring equipment such as syringes and pipettes. It makes replication ever so much simpler.

Sam1051V

Oct 24, 2013
Lincoln, NE, USA
When I make VG juice, 10% water seems to do the trick for me, 15% if I'm using a top coil atomizer.

It's trial and error. Whip up a trial amount (I do 1 or 2 ml for trials), write down what you did, and give it a whirl. No luck? Wash it out, make another one with adjustments, try again. When you come across what works, make a larger quantity and try it for longer, see that it gets the job done. If it works, you've got your formula, carry on with it.

The same goes for flavors. Taste is subjective, what works for someone gracious enough to post their recipe for a flavor may not work for others. Most of the time it works right from the get-go, but when it doesn't, trial and error takes the helm.

I'm precise in my experiments, I avoid "drops" like the plague. A drop from an 18ga needle is vastly different than a drop from a dropper bottle or a needle-less syringe. With very small trial amounts (waste not, want not is my motto), the variance in the size of a drop makes a HUGE difference. Invest in the proper measuring equipment such as syringes and pipettes. It makes replication ever so much simpler.

Thanks for the response. I need to buy some actual syringes. Ive just been using an old eye dropper thing I have. I didn't know top/bottom coils made a difference as far as the mixture. (My Halo tanks are top.)

By the way, I see that youre in Gladewater, I lived in Tyler about a year ago, and Im thinking about moving back. Are there any vape shops in the Tyler/Gladewater/Mineola/Longview area?

Blkwdw86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2013
Gladewater, TX
By the way, I see that youre in Gladewater, I lived in Tyler about a year ago, and Im thinking about moving back. Are there any vape shops in the Tyler/Gladewater/Mineola/Longview area?

Quite a few have popped up. I started with Uptown Vapor Lounge in Tyler across from Pep Boys, a really rockin' shop with some really good flavors and quality people. Grab a bottle of Dark n Smooth, it's my go-to vape, and I'd kill for the recipe!

Three that I'm aware of popped up in Longview, Vapenrose, Sandi's, and Soho; all new and still putting themselves together. Sandi's and Soho are basic, mostly flavors; Vapenrose is a little more advanced, you can get Kanthal and such there if you need it, along with mech mods.

A friend of mine is opening one in Marshall, My Vapor Den, across the road from Walmart (a little south). He'll be geared more towards the advanced vaper, plus juices.

Henderson has Gold Rush, they do juices and have a decent mix of equipment. Really nice and eager folks.

All of the shops I've mentioned will come out after closing to help you if you call them, most live close by. Really good folks, all vapers themselves.

You can see if you can join East Texas Vapers on Facebook, lots of info there. I've come across shops all over the place through there, just haven't been to any but the ones I've mentioned. https://www.facebook.com/groups/EASTTEXASVAPERS/

Ardent

Nov 3, 2013
USA
I suggest using 20% water in your VG and also to mix in the flavors that you would like. This will thin out the juice to a point that it will probably wick fine. If it's still too thick then just add water until you get the desired consistency.

I find that vaping 100% VG is not really as enjoyable. It seems too "heavy" for me. That's the best description I can think of. Also, you will lose all throat hit.

Note that if you're adding flavors then you will likely not have a 100%VG juice since most flavors use PG as a carrier.

PNW Rider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
Mukilteo, Wa
Bought some 99.5% usp glycerin from Walmart 125 ml for under 4 bucks. Forgot brand but if you have a Walmart they will have this. This glycerin has be confirmed with the manufacturer to be 100% vegetable derived. I add the vg to high nic, 100% pg juices from my local vape store to make no throat hit, nice easy big cloud type vapor. Thought I'd share my joys with it.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
I vape at 80% VG ~10% flavor and 12mg nic. While still pretty thick, it vapes really well and wicks great in all my rba's while vaping at 15 watts. I didn't like the high pg juices, and after a lot of experimenting, settled on 80% VG. Since most extracts are PG based, I generally only and 8-10% PG, depending on my recipe. I DIY juice and get most of my supplies from Wizard labs. Check out the DIY juice section of the forum for some great tips and tricks of DIY juice.

Sam1051V

Oct 24, 2013
Lincoln, NE, USA
Quite a few have popped up. I started with Uptown Vapor Lounge in Tyler across from Pep Boys, a really rockin' shop with some really good flavors and quality people. Grab a bottle of Dark n Smooth, it's my go-to vape, and I'd kill for the recipe!

Three that I'm aware of popped up in Longview, Vapenrose, Sandi's, and Soho; all new and still putting themselves together. Sandi's and Soho are basic, mostly flavors; Vapenrose is a little more advanced, you can get Kanthal and such there if you need it, along with mech mods.

A friend of mine is opening one in Marshall, My Vapor Den, across the road from Walmart (a little south). He'll be geared more towards the advanced vaper, plus juices.

Henderson has Gold Rush, they do juices and have a decent mix of equipment. Really nice and eager folks.

All of the shops I've mentioned will come out after closing to help you if you call them, most live close by. Really good folks, all vapers themselves.

You can see if you can join East Texas Vapers on Facebook, lots of info there. I've come across shops all over the place through there, just haven't been to any but the ones I've mentioned. https://www.facebook.com/groups/EASTTEXASVAPERS/

Wow I had no idea there were that many. We have hardly any here in nebraska. Only one in lincoln. Dark n smooth just soumds tasty. Ill have to pick up a bottle next time I go visit. You mean by pep boys on S Broadway? Kinda by that gameroom place?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread