Just placed my first order for Authentic Boba's Bounty

Status
Not open for further replies.

R. Scott Kennan

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
Hartford, CT, United States
I'm excited. I also got some menthol drops in case I need them. I have a feeling this juice will be the one that lets me fully transition off of cigarettes.

I'm using Evod tanks for now- is there anything I need to do or know? I've only vaped a 50/50 PG/VG, so I'm a bit nervous that the VG won't have enough flavor, or might have wicking issues.

I have a *little* extra cash, so I can pick up a new tank at my local store if I need to.

Edit: It's definitely the real deal, I got it from AVE. Just wanted to head that debate off right away. :D

JWLuke

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Wichita, Kansas
I use my BB in an Evod all day everyday with zero problems. I might change the wicks out every other week just because. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I have let at least 10 people try it, only one didn't care for it and most of the others ordered their own. I even purchased the Gorilla Juice in my second order. People say it Is BB with banana flavor. I personally get the banana flavor but not the BB in it. It is very good in its own right.

Optimo114

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
Jacksonville FL
I just received my first order of BB and GJ last night. I had to try it because of how many people talk about it. It wasn't bad but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it if I didn't have it. I just put it in my closet to steep for a couple of weeks before I try it again.

I usually get all of my juice from VCV and BB tasted a lot like their Campfire juice ( Smores ) and GJ tasted like their Monkey Business ( Chocolate Banana ) so the taste was a little familiar. That was just my first impression of the two.

I also noticed quite the throat hit from BB and GJ compared to any other VG juice I use. Makes me think there is some PG in them

I got my (real) BB in a few days ago and of course I had to try it. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either, I really couldn't feel any throat hit at all. I just left the lid off for a while and set it in a drawer hoping it'll get better. This is my first non menthol liquid which may be why I don't feel the TH.

I too ordered menthol drops with mine, has anyone added menthol to it? It's a weird flavor and I can't quite imagine if menthol would go well with it or not. I'll probably give it a shot if I still don't like it after a while. I think if it had a better TH I'd like it better. It's 12mg.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
I didn't care for BB when I first tried it. I actually preferred Dorky Stud from Vapetrik and Tribeca from Halo for my 'tobacco' juices.

But then I tried it again, and it was alright, so I bought a 30ml and vaped around 5ml and set it aside.

When I bought my VMOD XL, I thought I'd give it another go - and wow. The complexity of the juice really came through, and now BB is one of two juices I vape all the time. (Other is hawk sauce when I want a fruity vape)

I'm not sure I would recommend anyone buy 100ml of a juice they have never tried, but even if you don't really like it, you could always sell it in the classifieds.

I'm not sure I would add any menthol to it. I personally would buy it straight and then you can add a couple of drops of your own menthol to a few mls to see if it's going to work for you.

R. Scott Kennan

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
I'm not sure I would add any menthol to it. I personally would buy it straight and then you can add a couple of drops of your own menthol to a few mls to see if it's going to work for you.

The menthol came separately. I figured it would be good to have on hand for when I start mixing my own juices anyway.

Last edited:

R. Scott Kennan

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
Let the 100ml bottle steep for a month. Don't try it when you first get it. Leave the cap off for 24 hours. The cap it and shake it once a day for a month, then enjoy.

Unfortunately, I can't do that this time around. I have a limited nicotine budget to keep my wife happy, and that's all I'll have for the next month aside from a few liquids I got locally. If I even moderately like it though, I'll buy an extra one to steep next time.

Unless I outright hated it (which I doubt), anything would be better than the first juice I started with. It's supposed to be a Marlboro flavor, but I can't taste anything in it. I also have a Dekang 3&5 style flavor that I actually like when I can taste it. I find that the more I vape it, and if I drink a lot of tea throughout the day I can't taste anything from it for a while. I use a menthol flavor I like to get me past those times.

I only have a few bottles of those though, so most of the month I'll have to vape Boba's Bounty whether I like it or not.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Don't worry about steeping if you can't. I enjoy fresh boba's. It has a strong black tea taste, and it evolves into something even better.

The whole thing with using ratios to figure out wicking is kinda bs. Boba's is 100% vg, but I have thicker 50/50 liquids. The really sweet and/or dark flavors are the real identifier in delivery method. AVE's english toffee is 100%vg, and it won't work with anything outside of a dripper. It destroyed a non-punched carto before i really had time to vape it. I'd feel fine using boba's in a single punched carto.

R. Scott Kennan

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
So I got the email that my package shipped today, however, when I go to track it (I've tried several times), the USPS site says it's "Not Found", with the following message:

Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site.
A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office.

Is this a common issue with mail order juices, or AVE in particular, or just my bad luck? I sent an email to AVE, but haven't heard back yet. I know they're busy over there.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
I just received my Boba's, Gorilla Juice, and Sweet Tart today.

The Boba's tastes a lot like tea but isn't bad. It will be interesting to see what it tastes like in a week. The Gorilla Juice is pretty darned good, though. Haven't tried the Sweet Tart but I imagine it will taste like Sweet Tart....lol

I don't think there was updated tracking on my order, either, so it will likely just get there when it gets there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread