Not open for further replies.

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
To change a mini provari to use the 650 batteries, you will need a tatroe ring and the extension cap, correct? If I am extending the satin silver mini, shouldn't I buy a polished extension cap to match better with the tatroe ring that attaches to the base? Would the flat base be able to be used during this arrangement? I'm a little confused....I have 2 complete tatroe stands-silver and brass- and extension caps for the red, silver, and black. What I want to do is extend the black or silver to 650 mode with matching pieces, help? Last piece of the puzzle, I saw a twins thing on amtistique for the mini, I think to do the same thing and would be the exact same color, type! If anyone has this on your units, please share pics so I can be sure that if I need to order more items to make my mini a 650 with compatible pieces that match!! Please advise!

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
Here's a pic of a Satin Full (it's all I got) with the Tatroe and ProVape Satin ext cap. The Tatroe isn't a direct match, but it looks good.

I am not aware of any extension ring that will be a direct Satin match, to the paint ProVape uses.

slw6MJZ.jpg

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
Here's a pic of a Satin Full (it's all I got) with the Tatroe and ProVape Satin ext cap. The Tatroe isn't a direct match, but it looks good.

I am not aware of any extension ring that will be a direct Satin match, to the paint ProVape uses.

slw6MJZ.jpg

There is no paint on the silver. It's just sandblasted metal. Get a shiny beauty ring or use a stainless steel tank for it to match up.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
Cingulum completo with 2 rings in brass (please ignore hubby's cheese popcorn hand):

brass.jpg

Two Tatroe rings and regular endcap:

DSCN0910.jpg

And one Tatroe ring with a Polished extension cap:

DSCN0913.jpg

Just for comparison - Tatroe ring and regular extension cap. Also a Loki Labs ProRing and SS1 carto tank:

DSCN0916.jpg

Last edited:

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA

slw6MJZ.jpg
That is what I have now but was curious of the polished end cap would be more the same as the tatroe? The end cap and top cap
On the mini are shinier than the satin, just curious!!

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
Cingulum completo with 2 rings in brass (please ignore hubby's cheese popcorn hand):

View attachment 268668

Two Tatroe rings and regular endcap:

View attachment 268670

And one Tatroe ring with a Polished extension cap:

View attachment 268672

Just for comparison - Tatroe ring and regular extension cap. Also a Loki Labs ProRing and SS1 carto tank:

View attachment 268673
Just found my answer....number 2....2 tatroe rings with the endcap. I guess that would be a perfect match of joining rings!!

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
Thanks to all for the responses but I am still curious if the polished extension cap from Provape will match the tatroe extension, anyone have this combo, then I will know to either buy another Tatroe or just a polished extension endcap! I am talking about the new polished ss extension cap for the provari!

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
The polished SS ext from ProVape looks like a high luster polish. While the tatroe is "semi-polished" if you will.

Also remember, cameras (phone cameras especially) don't capture finishes very well. The pic I posted earlier, looks like a closer match IRL. And I think you're prolly gonna be most satisfied with your plan for two tatroes stacked. Plus that still gives you the capacity to swap the end for a tatroe foot.

One more example, and I think I got a better angle to capture the difference in finishes. Satin Provari, Tatroe Ext, KirF Polished Ext.
Polished SS is a lesser match to the Satin finish of the Provari than the Tatroe, IMHO.

VaWv6MT.jpg

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
I was unsure. I'm still skeptical. But upon closer inspection I cannot confirm either, so I'll choose your side, because you say it with such conviction.:D
I'd say that the fact that the satin silver is $15 less than the painted options ought to be convincing enough...lol

basylica

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Dallas, Tx
My personal mantra is that of "I ment to do that"
I do quite a bit of sewing and occasionally home improvement projects and sometimes you come across that decision of use 2 fabrics (or paint or whatever) that are close but not 100% matches and it would drive me crazy. I tend to err on going the complete opposite direction and make an intentional mismatch and I think it looks better.
If it were me I'd do the same thing here and rather than go for close but not matching id pick something intentionally obvious. Black or colored.... But I rather enjoy the color blocked look.

mekc57

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Oregon
I have a black mini and use two Tatroe rings and the stock bottom cap and it looks great IMO. I also use the Tatoe tank most of the time, for now, I have a Russian 99% on the way. Anyway, it looks great with the stacked rings at the bottom, you can't even tell there not one piece, and the matching brushed Tatroe tank on top!!!!
Sorry I don't have a pic to post!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread