Not open for further replies.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
The recall notice was in July 2013....

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/444286-evod-battery-recall.html

It was a shipment from Kanger to heaven gifts who are both a retailer and wholesaler - all vendors affiliated put out recall notices to their customers. It included:

The potential faulty EVOD batteries are as below:
All EVOD 650mAh batteries in matte black, yellow, blue. Rest colors we sent before June 24.
ALL EVOD 1000mAh batteries in yellow, green. Rest colors we sent before June 24.
All EVOD starter kits in yellow. Rest colors we sent before June 24.
---

There were 6000 batts that were part of the recall and no way to tell how many made it back to Kanger.

I would tend to suspect batts sold on ebay or anywhere other than heaven gifts or their vendors.... but that's just me. If you could get any information from your seller as to where they got them and when, that might help.

DSullivan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Spring Lake Heights
The recall notice was in July 2013....

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/444286-evod-battery-recall.html

It was a shipment from Kanger to heaven gifts who are both a retailer and wholesaler - all vendors affiliated put out recall notices to their customers. It included:

The potential faulty EVOD batteries are as below:
All EVOD 650mAh batteries in matte black, yellow, blue. Rest colors we sent before June 24.
ALL EVOD 1000mAh batteries in yellow, green. Rest colors we sent before June 24.
All EVOD starter kits in yellow. Rest colors we sent before June 24.
---

There were 6000 batts that were part of the recall and no way to tell how many made it back to Kanger.

I would tend to suspect batts sold on ebay or anywhere other than heaven gifts or their vendors.... but that's just me. If you could get any information from your seller as to where they got them and when, that might help.

The battery I am getting is the EVOD 1000mAh but it is in BLACK. So I guess that means it is ok? Thanks for taking the time to help me :)

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
I lost all of my 510s last night :( so went to local smoke shop and bought a White Rhino Liquid....it has a no wick clearo on it that holds 1.6ml (looks like a no wick CE4 ripoff) charger, and the battery which someone else posted a pic of one saying it was a 650mAh? I had nothing to vape with so got desperate and paid 35$ couldn't wait for the Kanger battery to get here I got more juice and these 1.8ohm Kanger clearos coming. I hope the 1.8ohm will be ok with this battery? and with the Kanger I was going to buy??

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
maybe be best to order a EVOD 650mAh to keep it the same mAh as other battery. I have been a 510 user for years carts, to tanks then the kanger T4s now I ordered these 1.8ohm Kanger G5s, but I think its best to use same mAh battery with the same clearo or tanks??

1.8 ohms (any clearo) on the eGo or eVod will be ok. The Kanger T3, T3S, Evod are better sized for the ego-style batt, whereas the T4's and G5s are the diameter of the 510. They'll still work but the T3 holds 3ml of eliquid. ;)

I know heaven gifts and good prophets sent all their bad Evod batts back to Kanger. I'm assuming that any of our ECF vendors did the same. It was the ebay connection that gave me pause..... and the OP's was the 'right' color and size so he's all set.

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
Cool I ordered a EVOD 650mah from goodejuice.com I used a T3 on a friends Ego it was good! She had the VV one, but I dont mind using the small clearos I will probably will order a few CE4s I saw ones are 1.8ohms and changeable coils, but they got a No Wick one I like its just like the White Rhino clearo on the E-Cig I bought today because I lost all my 510s, dropped my case somewhere) :( I was ready to move up from the 510s anyways but I still had a couple T4s and got these G5s coming so ill use them up and used the bigger 1.6ml no wick clearo with my 555 juice its always been my ADV and use the smaller ones for different flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread