Mvp2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbit Chaser

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
San Jose, CA
So I think I want to go for an MVP2 and have been checking different sites. I am baffled as to why my local shop charges $99.00 for this piece but I can get it anywhere else, including innokin, for much less. Any thoughts?d Will I be missing something if I buy it online - like does it not come fully built or something?:oops:

Last edited:

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
So I think I want to go for an MVP2 and have been checking different sites. I am baffled as to why my local shop charges $99.00 for this piece but I can get it anywhere else, including Innokin, for much less. Any thoughts?d Will I be missing something if I buy it online - like does it not come fully built or something?:oops:

As speed says, buy it from 101vape (mine just showed up today, took 3 days), you wont be disappointed and you'll have it in less than 3 days. (will ship out of Carlsbad, CA)

JayEatsAirplane

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
No difference between them. I ordered one online a few weeks ago and got one at a B&M. Different kits (some come with an iClear30, others 2 iClear16's, both available online from different sources), but the MVP will still be the same. There's just a lot of sales going on with them right now. Most sites had them at $70-100 for the last few weeks.

eda123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2013
Austin
The thing is, they will make a profit if they sell at msrp. But they are just getting plain greedy to sell near double msrp. A local b&m I visited just today wanted $45 for a protank 2!! Ibsay the same thing... You can get it for less than half of that online. He then accuses all online dealers if selling fakes.

Tes45

Apr 5, 2011
Memphis
The thing is, they will make a profit if they sell at msrp. But they are just getting plain greedy to sell near double msrp. A local b&m I visited just today wanted $45 for a protank 2!! Ibsay the same thing... You can get it for less than half of that online. He then accuses all online dealers if selling fakes.

I've been sold more clones/fakes in a total of 5ish trips to two specific B&M stores in my area than I have in 3 years worth of online vendor orders.

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
I live in Hawaii and things are often WAY marked up. But the local places here had the MVP 2 for $70 - $75. I went the 101 route people mentioned as times are very tight. Hope you can get it someplace for a more decent price.

There is a small store called VaporTokers on Nuuanu next to Sala Thai if you haven't been there yet. Prices for parts/accessories as well as some of the mechanicals are pretty competitive with online shipped prices to Hawaii. (Protank2's are 20USD, most of the ego batteries are about 20USD, and they have their own branded clearos, various replacement coils/carts and RBA's at pretty decent prices too) Aloha!

symphonic18

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Most local shops have to pay rent. This is why they need to mark up prices.

Online vendors can sell cheap, as they don't need to more often than not.

Ill support local shops by buying juice, that's about it haha.

Ya, I tried...like, there isn't really a replacement for going into a shop and being able to try out 20-30 juices while you're there. If they're gonna have this nice storefront for me to sample juices, least I can do is throw em some cash for some juice (even if it IS pricey).

chrismikehead

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I picked up mine at my local shop. Sells it for 69.99, but I had a 15% referral discount that knocked it down a bit. I know I could get it cheaper online, but they offer decent prices compared to what I have heard from some people on the forum, and they have provided great service and information to me since I started vaping. So I give them my business when I can.

I wouldn't pay more than that at a store, though. Especially if they start throwing around the "fake" accusations when they get called out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread