Best Chi-You Clone on FT

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNaturalist

Moved On
Sep 9, 2013
SD
Thanks for reading,

I am shopping for a new mech mod in the $20 to $30 range, I have used fasttech before and am happy with the prices and wait time so that is where I have been looking. I currently use a Magneto (real thing not from ft) with a Cyclone atty, I love it but considering that I have a bunch of other batteries, driptips, and attomizers I think its time for me to get a second mod so that I can have two complete sets!

I really like the Chi-You clones on fasttech, but there are 11 version so I need your help picking out the most functional and high quality option! The most expensive one is sold out and has been for a while, so I have narrowed it down to the other two ss models:

Option A: Chi You, Stainless Steel(Laser Etched): $24.74
1438500-7.jpg 1438500-2.jpg

Option B: Chi You, Stainless Steel(Silver-plated Contacts): $27.00
1508701-6.jpg 1508701-3.jpg

My instinct tells me the most expensive one must be better, but apparently when the silver plated one was first released it used to only be $21 so it was originally the cheaper one. It seems like the biggest difference is silver plated pins VS brass pins, are the silver ones better? Are one of the other 9 Chi-You clones on ft better? Thank you for your input on this decision!

-TheNaturalist

illitirit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
United States
i just got option A in the mail, as well as the brass version of it. For the price, its outstanding you cant go wrong. I also have a nemesis clone with silver plated pins and I do believe it hits harder (at least thats what my multimeter tells me). But if you were to tell me to vape both with a blind fold on, i would not be able to tell you which hits harder. Both are within 0.1 voltage drop of one another so i dont think there is much real world difference.

I saw option b a few days ago and do want to get it...and i probably will if the brass version comes out. Im a ..... for brass / silver mixing. If they have both mods, i have to have them lol i dont know why.

I think you should buy whichever one is more aesthetically pleasing to your eye. Many ppl hate those dragons on the side of the tubes that mojo added. Im more of a fan of the clean minimalistic look of option A. Whichever you choose, im sure it will perform just as well as te other.

TheNaturalist

Moved On
Sep 9, 2013
SD
i just got option A in the mail, as well as the brass version of it. For the price, its outstanding you cant go wrong. I also have a nemesis clone with silver plated pins and I do believe it hits harder (at least thats what my multimeter tells me). But if you were to tell me to vape both with a blind fold on, i would not be able to tell you which hits harder. Both are within 0.1 voltage drop of one another so i dont think there is much real world difference.

Thanks for your response! Im glad to hear that you like it. Can you tell me if the locking mechanism on yours is reverse threaded? On FT it specifically says that Option B is NOT reverse threaded but it does not specify for Option A. My Magneto is reverse threaded and my friends mod is not, its a huge difference his is constantly coming unscrewed so I would prefer the reverse threaded if Option A has it.

I saw option b a few days ago and do want to get it...and i probably will if the brass version comes out. Im a ..... for brass / silver mixing. If they have both mods, i have to have them lol i dont know why.

I dont know if they just put this up but it is your lucky day! They DO have it in brass with silver plating! Lets call this Option C haha

Option C: Chi You, Brass(Silver-plated Contacts): $25.00
1509900-1.jpg 1509900-6.jpg

It looks really nice and its a few $ less then Option B. Do you mind sharing why you are such a "..... for brass / silver mixing"? Is it because brass has better conductivity then stainless steel? I have never owned a brass mod but now im interested!

Attachments

• NJJ0Hm.jpg
    NJJ0Hm.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

illitirit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
United States
Thanks for your response! Im glad to hear that you like it. Can you tell me if the locking mechanism on yours is reverse threaded? On FT it specifically says that Option B is NOT reverse threaded but it does not specify for Option A. My Magneto is reverse threaded and my friends mod is not, its a huge difference his is constantly coming unscrewed so I would prefer the reverse threaded if Option A has it.

I dont know if they just put this up but it is your lucky day! They DO have it in brass with silver plating! Lets call this Option C haha

Option C: Chi You, Brass(Silver-plated Contacts): $25.00
View attachment 270537 View attachment 270538

It looks really nice and its a few $ less then Option B. Do you mind sharing why you are such a "..... for brass / silver mixing"? Is it because brass has better conductivity then stainless steel? I have never owned a brass mod but now im interested!

Sorry for the late reply.

The locking ring is NOT reverse threaded on any of the chi - you's. I have def had some problems with it, the lock ring gets stuck from time to time. I put noalox...not just a little, pretty much an entire gob around the locking ring and it helped.. but still gets stuck from time to time. Its easy to remedy, i just put on rubber gloves and turn. without rubber gloves, you dont have enough grip to spin the ring.

And..........nit option C. I wish you didnt link that to me. now i have to buy it

TheNaturalist

Moved On
Sep 9, 2013
SD
And..........nit option C. I wish you didnt link that to me. now i have to buy it

Haha sorry! What are you going to do with three chi-you clones though??? haha you could always send me one :p

I ended up not getting the the chi-you, thank you for all the input though. I decided to go with the King clone instead. Its basically the same design; Stainless steel with silver plated contacts and the removable sections. The reason I went with the king is that it is 2mm thinner as well as 23 grams heavier so I feel a little better about the quality of the build. Here she is:

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1479000

1479000-1.jpg 1479000-7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread