Kangertech EVOD Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased a Kangertech EVOD last week and it was amazing. I loved the flavor it produced and the flavor. I bought a pack of wicks and used all of them and no problems. I bought a new pack of wicks today and it had a plastic taste. I also bought a new flavor, VaporBlunt Grape. It tasted horrible, like plastic, so I thought it was just a bad liquid. So I replaced the wick and put in my fail safe VaporBlunt Watermelon and it still tasted like plastic. I didnt have any issues with this tank until I got the wicks. My only guess is that it is a bad batch of wicks but I thought that there is another solution. I dont want to replace all my wicks in one night

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Used all the "wicks" in one week?? Holy crap!! Do you mean coils? I've had my EVOD for six weeks and I'm only on my second coil and that's only because I wanted to try a 1.8ohm instead of the 2.5 that came with it. If you mean coils they should last for weeks and I switch juices all the time (first few vapes after a refill taste interesting but it turns to the new flavor very soon). I hope you're not replacing the coils with every refill! that sucks! :(

Last edited:

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
.."a pack of wicks" in a week? You are talking about the 5 pack replacement coils for the Evod Bottom Coil Clearomizer, right? That would have been almost 1 a day, including the one it came installed with.
Those "coils" should last you several days, at the least. A little cleaning, or even a simple dry burn and nothing else, can make them last a very good long while.
Also, you don't mention the battery type you are using them on. As asked by State O' Flux, are they the same resistance as the 1st pack you got? Are you using a variable volt/wattage battery?

Sorry I was in a rush to get to work when I posted. I am using a Smok 900mahz battery. Not sure of the wattage, but not variable. One coil lasted me a whole week and it was the standard 2.2 ohms. The pack that I bought is 1.8 ohms. I was planning on buying a variable wattage battery soon so if that's the problem that's good news. It doesn't taste burnt though it taste like plastic. I'm letting the new juice air out just in case that is the problem

RubyRoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
Sometimes new juices need to be steeped, and sometimes, if you are using a higher VG level in your juice, you will encounter wicking issues with the Kanger atomizers. Be sure that you are allowing enough time after changing heads to allow the heads to wick up the juice. A few unpowered primer puffs help and sometimes you need to remove one or both of the flavor wicks on the atomizer head. What is your PG/VG level?

So I guess that it turns out its just the VaporBlunt Grape that was making the vape taste so terrible. There must have been some left over liquid in the tank when I filled it with watermelon juice. After about 15 vapes from it after I got home from work the disgusting flavor dissipated with each vape, vaped the remaining fluid, did a couple dry burns, refilled it VB Watermelon and it now tastes great! I don't how that taste could be called Grape or even be produced, but it tasted like the way liquid plastic would taste. Actually one of the most disgusting things I've ever tasted in my life

cloud.nine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Not sure what u mean by steeped
Steeping is letting your juice air out - like you're doing, good idea - and it also means letting the juice sit for a few days or a few weeks to let the ingredients blend and mature. Shake the bottle a few times a day during those days/weeks of steeping. You don't need to leave the cap off during the steep. Leave it off for a little while at the beginning like you're doing, then keep the cap on for the rest of the steep time.
Some juices need more steeping than others. If there's a juice that doesn't taste good, let it steep longer and keep trying it every few days to see if it changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread