Worst Custumer Service! Awesome Customer Service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bisteka

Mar 27, 2011
brazil
Hello all,

I ordered an item from Altsmoke and then they shipped. The freight method used was USPS.
The problem start when the parcel leave US to Brazil, and until now "is coming".
I presume the USPS may lost it. And i contact Altsmoke to get their help, help meaning they would contact the USPS for the reason such long time. Or if USPS lost it, my guess is Altsmoke should demand USPS for payment or solution...
But what i got from Mason, is this:

" It sounds like the package has either been lost or seized by Brazil's Customs. If your package is lost by USPS or seized by Customs, we cannot be held responsible. It is the responsibility of the customer to know and understand the importation laws of his/her specific country. If the package is indeed lost, seized, or destroyed, we cannot refund the customer for ANY of the original cost. If the package is refused by Customs and then is returned to us, we can refund the customer for the cost of the items but not the cost of shipping. I would definitely attempt to contact either USPS or your own local post office with your tracking number on hand. I'm not sure what can be done, at this point, but they should be capable of further assisting you. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience of losing an order, and we sincerely hope that you get everything you ordered in a timely manner! :( Mason - AltSmoke "

Its not seized, because the parcel didnt entrance in Brazil:

[h=2]Shipment #100109406[/h]

I ordered many things from many suppliers, and this is the first time, supplier claim no responsability for material they sending. I would understand if at my local side had a problem (lost) or as they mentioned customs seized.
May is just my case, my bad lucky. but i cant agree with many posts saying awesome customer service. at least not for me.:mad:

halopunker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
New Philadelphia, OH
That's the problem with International First Class is once it leaves the USA to other countries it is no longer traceable, the tracking information above is normal after it's processed through the hub when it leaves the USA. It's one of the many reasons why we suggest Express Mail for International Orders as it's easily tracked and will at least specify whether or not it's lost.

If it hasn't been delivered by now it may either be stuck in customs or on it's way back to us. If it does come back to us we will inform you that it has returned, I believe mason did contact USPS to open an investigation to see if it's still in the USA.

rocks82

Supplier Associate
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Columbus
www.altsmoke.com
@Rob.

Do you have any news?
thanks.

Hey Stephano,

I'm really sorry about this! We have contacted USPS and requested an investigation to the status. Once Mason hears back, he will contact you with an update. :)

As Rob indicated, it's tough to know the status of a package once it leaves the united states, due to the inability to track it from that point. Most likely, the package is still en route to you, as it does take up to a few weeks for international delivery (mostly due to delays in customs). However, as indicated, if it is returned to us for any reason, we will refund you for the cost of the order and will give you 10% off any future order for the hassle. My sincerest apologies! USPS can be a bit frustrating at times! Especially with international shipping and the lack of tracking once leaving the US!

bisteka

Mar 27, 2011
brazil
Hello rocks82,

Thanks for your concern. I am sorry to push you like that way, but as i contacted local post office to open a ticket, they claim that parcel didnt give entrance at their system, and only USPS may have the date of the entrance in Brazil. And i can only open a ticket with them with this information.
I dont blame Altsmoke or asking refund or resend, just asking for help to get information from USPS. Altsmoke send for sure, if USPS or local post office loose it, then they need to answer whrere the parcel is.

ps. according to local post office, there is a world convension, even the parcel left US, they must know when the parcel was transfered to local post.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Well. who am i try to fool. Almost 20 days since i request help from ALTSMOKE and nothing.
As i said, Worst Custumer Service!

Dont bother to reply. I hope some day one of workers of ALTSMOKE get into same situation from another company and feel by themselves how bad business they are handling.
Isn't the problem with the postal service or international customs, and not with AltSmoke? :confused:

AltSmoke sent your goods to you. Rocks82 said that it can "take up to a few weeks for international delivery (mostly due to delays in customs)." At your request, they contacted USPS and requested an investigation to the status of your order and said they would update you once they receive some information.

It's my understanding that e-cigarettes are not legal in Brazil (?), so it is entirely possible that customs has confiscated your order.

Last edited:

Mattnatti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
I couldn't agree more with ^^ and I have refrained from this thread as it is Altsmoke's place to handle things but the title of this thread pretty much sums up the conclusion of the op's train of thought from the beginning.

To the op......
You posted in another thread that your order from madvapes is missing as well. Regardless of what madvapes decided to do to rectify the issue maybe two orders lost or confiscated by customs from merchants that most likely put their name on the return address of the package is a sign for you to quit ordering from the U.S. Or in the very least pay for more expensive shipping so the package is traceable and you can see where it has been scanned at every stop.

IMO it appears AltSmoke has done or are doing all they can to help you short of sending you your money back. Why should they do that? When you ship something to a different country it is a risk. And if you as the buyer do not do everything you can to safeguard your package by paying for shipping with tracking all they way to your post office then sometimes you lose.

bisteka

Mar 27, 2011
brazil
Isn't the problem with the postal service or international customs, and not with AltSmoke? :confused:

AltSmoke sent your goods to you. Rocks82 said that it can "take up to a few weeks for international delivery (mostly due to delays in customs)." At your request, they contacted USPS and requested an investigation to the status of your order and said they would update you once they receive some information.

It's my understanding that e-cigarettes are not legal in Brazil (?), so it is entirely possible that customs has confiscated your order.

Hi Baditude,
It isnt ALTSMOKE problem, as i mentioned before.
"few weeks"...10 weeks is enough?
If they contact USPS, at least should update me with any kind of information. Patience is not of my virtue :)
15 days since requested contact, and no words. Unless USPS take that much time to respond. I dont live in US...

Yes e-cigs are no legal to import. But i take my risks, and never blamed any suppliers when get stucked in customs.
But this order is a Kick 2. A circuit. Maybe ALTSMOKE described as Kick 2 for e-cig, or a piece to be used in ecig. who knows.

Anyway, thanks for your concern.

bisteka

Mar 27, 2011
brazil
I couldn't agree more with ^^ and I have refrained from this thread as it is Altsmoke's place to handle things but the title of this thread pretty much sums up the conclusion of the op's train of thought from the beginning.

To the op......
You posted in another thread that your order from madvapes is missing as well. Regardless of what madvapes decided to do to rectify the issue maybe two orders lost or confiscated by customs from merchants that most likely put their name on the return address of the package is a sign for you to quit ordering from the U.S. Or in the very least pay for more expensive shipping so the package is traceable and you can see where it has been scanned at every stop.

IMO it appears AltSmoke has done or are doing all they can to help you short of sending you your money back. Why should they do that? When you ship something to a different country it is a risk. And if you as the buyer do not do everything you can to safeguard your package by paying for shipping with tracking all they way to your post office then sometimes you lose.

Hi Mattnati,
I hardly post something, usually more reading then writing things.

If ALTSMOKE has done or doing, dont you think they should me update with any information? I already told them, i am not demanding they resend or pay me back. I understand that USPS had screw up my order. i take risks with customs, and why not to say the whole process buying anything in the internet, specially from another country. But maybe you consider my side also at this problem. If you buy something, even inside US, and the USPS loose your parcel, and somehow they only give information or investigation to the sender.
What you going to do? just " well buying something in the internet or from another state have risks..."
Please dont be offended, to not be so serious in this post, in Brazil have saying "Pimenta no cú dos outros é refresco" means "chili in the others ... is refreshment"

You are right, i have almost same problem with MADVAPES, but with different results.
Interestingly i received their parcel this week. And promptly contacted MADVAPES to pay their resent order.

Tracking ID: B1P-RW6-9X7L (Ticket number: 38751)
Date: 2013-11-08 07:02:49
Name: Stephano
Printer friendly version

Hello Dave,

Strangely i received the first parcel.
I want to pay the second parcel you resent.
Please give instructions.

Sincerely yours,
Stephano
Date: 2013-11-08 14:45:34
Name: Dave
Printer friendly version

Stephano,

We definitely appreciate your honesty, and you can call us anytime to process that payment. (704) 624-8551

Thank you!"

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
I made my first order with Alt Smoke last week, and I am now going to be a permanent customer! I received my order in 2 days! It is hard to find replacement coils for my vision 2ml viv nova tank at a reasonable price, but I found them on your site for a great price! Thank you so much! You can expect an order from me from here on out until the day IF I ever quit vaping. :)

Brought to you by Tapatalk

icemanistheking

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
Bella Vista, AR
OP, it really sounds like your problem is with Brazilian customs, especially if you had issues with Madvapes as well. Altsmoke is not replying because there is nothing they can do. Why can't YOU contact the USPS? If I can contact PTT Kargo in Turkey via email and I don't even speak Turkish, I'm sure you could contact the USPS via email here (in fact, I know you can, and from what I understand, they are pretty responsive :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread