Status
Not open for further replies.

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
I'm trying to make all my recipes basically 0 nic, and 1ml minimum size for a basic starter, now if I only had a few this would be easy, plus another reason to do so is to eliminate multiple Nic entries, nic0, nic1, nic2, etc. If it wouldn't be terribly hard to add could you add an option to zero all nic levels in recipes, and make them default to 1ml minimum batch size, so it can be adjusted at time of use?

My recipe folder is a bit over 300, and adding more as I get around to entering them.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Thinking about it, maybe an option recipe default,set default size/strength which would supersede recipes. Also a couple buttons to quick zero nic, and set minimum/default size would work OK.

Version 2.1.0.28 has been posted and includes several updates.

File Maintenance
A new application was created to assist with some high level maintenance of your juice files. To launch the program click the icon on your desktop or go to your “Programs->JuiceCalculator->FileMaintenance” to launch. Reference the help file “Misc Actions -> juice file maintenance” for details but a brief summary of the features follows.

- Open two juice files (or create a new juice file) and drag/drop recipes and ingredients between the files. You can drag/drop in “move” mode or in “copy” mode.

- When recipes are dragged to the other file, the ingredients associated with the recipe will also be added to the other file.

- Open up a recipe or ingredient in an edit window and apply changes to some of the attributes. You can also opt to apply the changed value(s) to all recipes or ingredients in the juice file.

- See the help file for more information. There are some circumstances where a “move mode” drag and drop for ingredients will be treated as a copy. There are also circumstances where an ingredient or recipe will be renamed during a drag/drop (duplicate names).

Juice Calculator
A small change was added to the Manage Ingredients window. Rather than presenting a pop up message when updating an ingredient, I display a message on the window stating that the updates were applied and the message will automatically go away after 15 seconds. No need to click an “OK” button.

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
If you haven't tried the latest build do so, it has some very well thought out enhancements, nice recipe managing features. This could easily be a PAY to own program, very feature rich.

Very nicely done Hotrod! If you haven't tried it yet do so, you won't be sorry! If your using this and following the thread, but haven't taken the time to post a "THANKS" please do so, it is very well deserved!

Spazzer

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2013
Upstate NY
Version 2.1.0.28 has been posted and includes several updates.

File Maintenance
A new application was created to assist with some high level maintenance of your juice files. To launch the program click the icon on your desktop or go to your “Programs->JuiceCalculator->FileMaintenance” to launch. Reference the help file “Misc Actions -> Juice file maintenance” for details but a brief summary of the features follows.

Great idea on the File Maintenance program! I was excited to try this!

However I encountered a problem. When I try to launch the program I get a message that says it is not a valid Win32 program.
I'm running Windows XP w/service pack 3.

Any ideas?

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Great idea on the File Maintenance program! I was excited to try this!

However I encountered a problem. When I try to launch the program I get a message that says it is not a valid Win32 program.
I'm running Windows XP w/service pack 3.

Any ideas?

Yes, I screwed up and created the File Maintenance program as a .NET 4.5 application which doesn't work with XP. I will change it to a .NET 4.0 application this evening and posted an update. My apologies.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Thanks HotRod - I'll look forward to it!

Once again I must thank you for all your work on this - I was more than happy with the first version you posted (and have used it exclusively since), and it just keeps getting better and better!

V2.1.0.29 is available. I don't have a Windows XP machine to test it on so please let me know if this resolves the issue that you were having. I am confident that it will.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Version 2.1.0.30 has been posted with a few updates:

1. I added a "Save" button to the File Maintenance window.

2. I removed the pop up window that is displayed when deleting an ingredient from the Manage Ingredients window and replaced it with a message that goes away on a timer.

3. I added the ability to drag/drop recipes and ingredients from the File Maintenance window to the Juice Calculator window but you should be aware. If you have the same juice file opened in both windows, the last window that you save from will be your final copy. Also when you save in one of the windows the updates will not be reflected in the other window until you reopen the file.

4. I added the ability to drag/drop files with the .REC and .MIX extensions to either the File Maintenance window or the Juice Calculator window. When dropped, the recipe contained in the file will be imported.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
A new version has been posted, V2.1.0.31. The primary change was changing how the printouts looked when a print was requested. When notes were printed for an ingredient it made the recipe a little difficult to read. I changed the printout to first print the recipe and then follow the recipe with a print of all of the notes.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Another version has been posted with some minor changes, V2.1.0.32:
1. When a new ingredient is added it was defaulting to a nicotine type ingredient. Changed it to default to a flavor ingredient.
2. Added support for an auto-fill/auto-suggest ingredient name when selecting a new ingredient name to add to the recipe window.

JulesXsmokr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2013
Hurricane Alley, FL. USA
I don't know if it reasonable to put in a separate flavor combine, then add add that combined mix of flavors at a certain percentage rate to your base..
EX: Flavor 1 - 4 drops
Flavor 2 - 12 drops
Flavor 3 - 8 drops
Flavor 4 - 3 drops

That would be the flavor mix: it could be in drops,ml, or grams, or even percentages ..I believe if it were in percentages -it would have have to equal 100%

now I only want to add a volume of 19 % of that mix to my 10ml. bottle

There is a way to do it now, with the way you have it, but you have to re-adjust or something, I have done it, but it seems like a longer way to get the combine..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread