Status
Not open for further replies.

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
They banned flavored Tobacco cigs here in CA, but with e-liquid it's a whole different story... since the flavorings are so readily available. I can even buy some at my local cooking supply store, and they can't ban all of the candy flavorings that are sold everywhere... LOL!!

I think it would just force more people to DIY!! ;)

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I don't see how that could happen.
There's no agency with a reason or authority to ban flavorings, or flavored mixtures of PG and VG. The only component that could be banned, taxed or regulated is the nicotine.
So theoretically, nic could become more difficult or expensive (taxes, licenses, shipping restrictions) to acquire.
Should that happen, then we might see the business change - smaller juice vendors getting pushed out of business or juice vendors selling a blend of everything BUT the nic (if they can't get licensed), etc.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I don't see how that could happen.
There's no agency with a reason or authority to ban flavorings, or flavored mixtures of PG and VG. The only component that could be banned, taxed or regulated is the nicotine.
So theoretically, nic could become more difficult or expensive (taxes, licenses, shipping restrictions) to acquire.
Should that happen, then we might see the business change - smaller juice vendors getting pushed out of business or juice vendors selling a blend of everything BUT the nic (if they can't get licensed), etc.

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
But they have already started to use the same argument that was why Flavored tobacco cigs were banned... that it attracts children to use them... LOL!!

And so did Joe Camel!! :facepalm: LMAO!!!

But seriously, there was a recent poll for ecig users about the flavors in the juice they use... and that will probably be a good defense against any ban the FDA would try!!

flaviop

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2013
Marlboro, NJ, USA
www.bloog.com
They banned flavored Tobacco cigs here in CA, but with e-liquid it's a whole different story... since the flavorings are so readily available. I can even buy some at my local cooking supply store, and they can't ban all of the candy flavorings that are sold everywhere... LOL!!

I think it would just force more people to DIY!! ;)

I agree with you. it would be very difficult for them to control the DIY crowd.

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
So we are introducing our line of USA-made e-Liquids that are produced at a pharmaceutical facility in the next couple of weeks. The rumor is that the FDA will ban fruit flavored tobacco e-liquids. Do you think that will happen?

We simply don't know what the FDA will do, but yes, there is the potential that e-liquid could be restricted to tobacco flavors, and perhaps menthol (which they're also going after), like they do with tobacco cigarettes. That won't stop e-juice companies from selling "food" flavorings that can be used in unflavored nicotine liquid. I use liters of vape strength unflavored nic juice poured on top of flavoring from a variety of sources, one a well-known Italian food flavoring company, into 30 ml bottles. A shot pourer in the liter bottle works pretty well.

I don't know how well dropping flavoring into a carto pre-filled with unflavored nic juice works though. I'll have to try that.

flaviop

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2013
Marlboro, NJ, USA
www.bloog.com
The DIY ability with the juice would make unflavored nic juice the "in" thing to buy. People will buy their "nic" level and add the flavors of their choice. It would be a nightmare to stop something like that happening.

Yeah we see that happening abroad where importing Nic is banned....it will definitely be interesting to see what happens in the next few months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread