Please Help EVOD not working right

Status
Not open for further replies.

linda19

Jun 7, 2011
florida
I have been using EVOD BCC for 3 weeks. I have one filled with menthol that I do not like too much, but it always works great. My other I have been using vanilla. Sometimes it is fine, sometimes it leaks, and now it doesn't seem to be working at all. So I am using the menthol one but it is only 6 mg and I like the vanilla better because of the taste and that it is 12 mg nicotine.

The vanilla is 50/50 pg/vg. Not sure what the menthol is. The batteries are is ego C.

So this last fill the battery doesn't seem to work on it. I tried the battery on the menthol and it's fine. Then I tried the battery from the menthol on the vanilla one and it doesn't work either. I also changed the coil on the vanilla. Don't know what else to try.

When I push the button down it sounds like gurgling and then when I draw I get yucky stuff in my mouth. So right now I am felling very frustrated.

If anyone can help, I sure would appreciate it.

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
I have been using EVOD BCC for 3 weeks. I have one filled with menthol that I do not like too much, but it always works great. My other I have been using vanilla. Sometimes it is fine, sometimes it leaks, and now it doesn't seem to be working at all. So I am using the menthol one but it is only 6 mg and I like the vanilla better because of the taste and that it is 12 mg nicotine.

The vanilla is 50/50 pg/vg. Not sure what the menthol is. The batteries are is ego C.

So this last fill the battery doesn't seem to work on it. I tried the battery on the menthol and it's fine. Then I tried the battery from the menthol on the vanilla one and it doesn't work either. I also changed the coil on the vanilla. Don't know what else to try.

When I push the button down it sounds like gurgling and then when I draw I get yucky stuff in my mouth. So right now I am felling very frustrated.

If anyone can help, I sure would appreciate it.

You've got a gurgling leaker. Try changing the head, (they're cheap enough).

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Is the head the whole piece the coil is connected to or just the coil? Sorry - but I'm still kind of new and not sure of what all the terms mean.

Hi

The coil is that entire assembly that screws into the base.

Whenever you have a problem with one of these Kanger devices not firing, the first thing to try is unscrewing the coil a bit and screwing it back into the base. Make sure it's screwed in firmly. It can take very little of the coil not being screwed into the base tight enough for you to have an electrical contact problem.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
linda19:I have been using EVOD BCC for 3 weeks. I have one filled with menthol that I do not like too much, but it always works great. My other I have been using vanilla. Sometimes it is fine, sometimes it leaks, and now it doesn't seem to be working at all. So I am using the menthol one but it is only 6 mg and I like the vanilla better because of the taste and that it is 12 mg nicotine.

So this last fill the battery doesn't seem to work on it. I tried the battery on the menthol and it's fine. Then I tried the battery from the menthol on the vanilla one and it doesn't work either.

Ok, so it isn't the center pin on the batteries.

I also changed the coil on the vanilla.

I'm with Rick on this one.... Sounds like the coil unit isn't fully seating in the base and therefore not connecting with the center pin of the batt - but it's the center pin on the clearo that's coming up short. And because both coils for vanilla didn't work, it's the threading in the base unit most likely rather than the threading on the coil unit - but clean both.

This is what I'd do - take the base unit and put it in high proof vodka for a half hour, take a Qtip and wipe out the threading on the base and the coil... tighten coil unit into base and if no joy take some needle nose pliers and pull the center pin on the clearo out just a bit...That center pin comes all the way out but you don't need to do that, just a little bit.

Also, take a look at the seals/orings on the menthol base and coil unit and compare to the vanilla, so they are all in the right place and not gunked up.

Also:
http://www.sun-vapers.com/how-to-prevent-gurgling-on-the-kanger-evod-and-kanger-t3-clearomizer/

Last edited:

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
The word Evod can mean several types of clearomizers. There is Kanger who makes the real Evod then there are the clones and clone coils. I have used Kanger Evods for 4 months now and never have I had a gurgle or leak. I use genuine Kanger coils as well.

evod.jpg

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
The word Evod can mean several types of clearomizers. There is Kanger who makes the real Evod then there are the clones and clone coils. I have used Kanger Evods for 4 months now and never have I had a gurgle or leak. I use genuine Kanger coils as well.

View attachment 273106

While this is true, I got mine from Sun Vapers, a true Kanger vendor and mine gurgled... I tried some fixes but opted for the Kanger Tabac BCC's for volume and performance.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
While this is true, I got mine from Sun Vapers, a true Kanger vendor and mine gurgled... I tried some fixes but opted for the Kanger Tabac BCC's for volume and performance.

Sun Vapers is where I purchase most of my kanger products. 1 fix I used for a bit more vapor was to remove 1 flavor wick from each coil.

linda19

Jun 7, 2011
florida
I want to thank Ken C so much. I did soak everything in vodka and clean it out. Then I refilled it but still no success. Then I remembered I had a spare brand new EVOD that came with the kit. I filled that one and it works wonderful! I'm so glad to know it's not me and I'm not a total idiot!! Now if I could figure out how to get the juice from the old one into the new one. Hate to waste a full tank.

When my husband comes home I will see if he can fool around with the pliers and fix the old one. Any idea how that happened? Did I do something wrong? I will definitely get some more EVOD bases to have a spare in case it happens again.

I don't think I could have made it this far - 3 weeks - without everyone's help. Thanks again.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I want to thank Ken C so much. I did soak everything in vodka and clean it out. Then I refilled it but still no success. Then I remembered I had a spare brand new EVOD that came with the kit. I filled that one and it works wonderful! I'm so glad to know it's not me and I'm not a total idiot!! Now if I could figure out how to get the juice from the old one into the new one. Hate to waste a full tank.

When my husband comes home I will see if he can fool around with the pliers and fix the old one. Any idea how that happened? Did I do something wrong? I will definitely get some more EVOD bases to have a spare in case it happens again.

I don't think I could have made it this far - 3 weeks - without everyone's help. Thanks again.

Hard to tell 'how it happened'. Right now I have one T3 that won't screw on to one battery - screws on all the rest and all other clearos screw on to it. Just a oddity in the threading for the two together. I could probably force it but I have other batteries :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread