Z-Atty Pro Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

scruffmagee

Verified Member
Oct 18, 2013
Chicago, IL
I'm not sure if this is the right forum.... so if it's not I apologize in advance

I am going to be receiving a used ZAP soon and it didn't occur to me until now that it's made specifically for Provaris. I do not have a Provari and was planning on using it for a mech. Does anyone know how it will fit on a non-Provari device.. specifically a Nemesis? Thanks

scruffmagee

Verified Member
Oct 18, 2013
Chicago, IL
I have neither, but from looking at them, maybe a 510 to 510 adapter will give you the height you need to make it fit. Alternatively, if you have access to a lathe one could simply face the bottom of the atomizer flat. The adapter would probably be the easiest way.

I just saw something that appears to indicate that the base is removable. That might help

I also just though about removing the airflow adjustment ring from the nemesis and trying to put it since the 510 connection would no longer be flush. I think I'm just going to have to wait until it gets here to play with it

maf2k8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
www.facebook.com
I own a ZAP and have done this myself... All you need to do is just lightly heat up the bottom of the ZAP ( under the Provari ring ) and that Provari ring will unscrew right off, Turning your ZAP into a ZAU making it useable on any mod...

Here is mine. That ring only has a dab or 2 of glue on them to hold them in place.

2013-12-09 20.06.41.jpg

Then whenever you want to use it on your Provari, You just screw the ring back on. Its threaded and screws on and off.

2 things to keep in mind.

1) when you remove that bottom ring, The 510 connection becomes a little longer now, Since the ring is no longer in place. So the ZAP will be fine on mods that have a adjustable center pin but on mods that don't have a adjustable center pin, It will leave a big gap.

2) ZEN loves using glue on all his stuff ( glue? really? ) so the center post assembly inside the ZAP is pretty much glued into place. The spring loaded 510 pin goes thru a delrin tube, which is glued into the ZAP. So if your using the ZAP on a mech mod for instance and your building your coil and test firing it a lot or say pulsing it a lot and you heat that coil up, That glue is gonna break loose and that 510 spring loaded pin assembly is gonna loosen up and BAM! No more spring loaded connection.. Actually no more connection at all. If you don't pulse your ZAP on a mech mod or run it with really low OHMs you'll be fine but since all the internals of the ZAP/Pin assembly are glued into place, It can't handle that much heat.

When i finally seen how my ZAP was built and had it all apart ( 510 pin assembly ) i couldn't believe how pathetic the design was. I have since re-built my ZAP with a different post/pin/etc and its far superior to Zens glue gun assembly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread