Status
Not open for further replies.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Thanks Kate. I don't know about anyone else, but most of my liquids seem rather watery. When I mix my own no nic, I use glycerin and not only does it come out thicker, but it seems to leach to the atomizer very well.....and lots of vapor for a long time. I don't know....the thinner one seems to "run out" of the cart a lot faster and doesn't last very long. Maybe I'll just stick with the glycerin for now :yawn:

Lu

Madisavapor

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2009
UK
Hi there
I've purchased 2 Glycerins thinking that one of them is PG.

I bought the VG food grade from E-bay as was posted and recommended, and bought the other from Boots chemist (The BP grade for cough mixture).

It was later that I realized both of these were Glycerins, am I right? Or wrong?

My question is, where do I buy PG?
Please recommend a website / link that I can purchase this from.
Thanks

Cheers!

chuckie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2009
miami fl USA
hey guys just a quick question i bought a bottle that says "Pure Glycerin USP skin protectant" the active ingredients says "Glycerin 99.5% Anhydrous" which i think is fine my only problem is there is a warning that says "for external use only" is there a problem with that or is it a standard warning?

Chuck

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
hey guys just a quick question i bought a bottle that says "Pure Glycerin USP skin protectant" the active ingredients says "Glycerin 99.5% Anhydrous" which i think is fine my only problem is there is a warning that says "for external use only" is there a problem with that or is it a standard warning?

Chuck

I first purchased a bottle of glycerin from Michael's craft store. I think it was safe but I also thought it was kind of thin compared to what others were saying. But it was useable.

On a fluke, I happened to see a bottle of Humco glycerin at walmart. Same ingredients as yours but does not say "for external use only" on it. I have heard others say they use it but I was hesitant because it said "skin protectant". But it was so thick, I couldn't pass it up! (I really hate thin liquid.)

I did try a little for an experiment and it worked well...I like it...but as Kate said, I have no evidence of its safety. Mine doesn't say not to ingest and there is no warning about it except for "in case of accidental overdose...."

They list a website, but I haven't checked it out yet: www.simplehomeremedies.com

I saw some in rite aid one time that I think said "skin protectant, for external use only" so I did not buy it. Not sure what the ingredients were now. Don't know if I would have bought this one either if it said that :|

Lu

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA

Yes, that is the Wilton glycerin you can buy at Michael's craft stores. Do you have any near you? This price is very expensive (plus shipping!) If you don't have a Michael's near you, you can find it much cheaper other places on the net like here:

Nature's Flavors : Glycerine (CAS Number: 56-81-5) Food Grade

There are others as well. I just don't know where the other links are off the top of my head.

Lu

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
Yes, that is the Wilton glycerin you can buy at Michael's craft stores. Do you have any near you? This price is very expensive (plus shipping!) If you don't have a Michael's near you, you can find it much cheaper other places on the net like here:

Nature's Flavors : Glycerine (CAS Number: 56-81-5) Food Grade

There are others as well. I just don't know where the other links are off the top of my head.

Lu

Yes, there is a Michael's 5 minutes from me. The shipping for that one is free, but I guess if I can get it at Michael's there is no need to wait! :) What do you suggest? Plain, flavord? What is better? I use regular Marlboro carts. Thanks, Lu!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread