Status
Not open for further replies.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Your problem (well, one of them) is a lack of air flow. If you go to an iClear 30, due to their design, you can increase air flow through them fairly dramatically. You have to partially disassemble it to do it, but it's not hard, or complicated.

Can't help you with the PT... I use mostly Kayfuns, with the wife using iClear 30s.

30calSolution

Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
Austin,TX
They are both great as I own and use both. If your going for discreetness and uniformity then the 15 on your ego is the way to go. If your running an ego primarily that's what I would stick to. When I move to a full size 18350/18650 mod I put on the iclear 30 for uniformity.

It just depends on your setup and personal preference really. Obviously the Iclear 30 holds more juice but I generally throw a small bottle in my pocket if I know I will be out for awhile. Either way you will be satisfied with both. I really prefer them over my protanks. Hope this helps.

30calSolution

Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
Austin,TX
Cotton with 5 wraps of 32gauge kanthal gets me 1.8-2.0 ohms on my Protank heads. If that helps you any... If you plan on rebuilding them anyhow. It's pretty easy to do and can save you a good bit of money. Especially if you decide to use them daily. Small $10 investment would allow you to rebuild dozens heads/coils if not a hundred of them.

Last edited:

bogeyjim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2010
Boulder, CO
Cotton with 5 wraps of 32gauge kanthal gets me 1.8-2.0 ohms on my Protank heads. If that helps you any... If you plan on rebuilding them anyhow. It's pretty easy to do and can save you a good bit of money. Especially if you decide to use them daily. Small $10 investment would allow you to rebuild dozens heads/coils if not a hundred of them.

Never thought about rebuilding the pro tank that's brilliant!

Would silica work fine or does it have to be cotton? I'm new at this rebuilding game :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Telly R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Vape Room, NC
Bogeyjim, silica works fine, so does cotton, particularly with a nice microcoil. Check Rip Trippers YouTube video tutorial on this... If you haven't checked it out.

OP, I30s or I16s; friend they both perform as they should. Good top coil clearomizers. Frankly, it comes down to aesthetics - what will please you eye while you enjoy your vape. Just my :2c:

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
New to vaping --- need a better throat hit. I currently vape Mini Protank 2 on a Ego Twist 1100 VW --- thinking of switching to iClear 16 or iClear 30 -- which will provide me with a better throat hit? I currently use 80/20 pg/vg at 36mg:vapor:

Can you tell us more about the juice you are using? What kind? Where did you get it? I use ProTanks and ProTan mini 2 and get excellent throat hit with good juices. I use 24mg nic. Higher nic helps throat hit, as does PG/VG ratios.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
What juice are you using? The flavors. You should be getting plenty of throat hit with 36mg juice running a protank at 4.8 volts. What ohms are the heads in your protank? Please tell us the flavors and vendors you are using for your juices. Do not increase nic level higher than the 36mg you are currently using. How often are you vaping?

bogeyjim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2010
Boulder, CO
Bogeyjim, silica works fine, so does cotton, particularly with a nice microcoil. Check Rip Trippers YouTube video tutorial on this... If you haven't checked it out.

OP, I30s or I16s; friend they both perform as they should. Good top coil clearomizers. Frankly, it comes down to aesthetics - what will please you eye while you enjoy your vape. Just my :2c:

Great video but what the heck is a micro coil vs a nano coil? My research is making my head spin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread