Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaaxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2008
Atlanta, GA
juicyliquid.com
I've said it before, but I'm too lazy to find my own post right now. Glycerin is not necessarily VEGETABLE glycerin. However, if it says USP then it is at such a purity level that the source is irrelevant (unless you are opposed to consuming animal products for moral/ethical reasons.)

AFAIK any USP grade glycerin is as safe as any other and they are all the same product. If you want to know what organism the glycerin was extracted from, you will have to contact the (new favorite word->) Manufactory.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Yes, there is a Michael's 5 minutes from me. The shipping for that one is free, but I guess if I can get it at Michael's there is no need to wait! :) What do you suggest? Plain, flavord? What is better? I use regular Marlboro carts. Thanks, Lu!

The Michael's here only had 3 kinds.....the plain glycerin, butter flavor, and vanilla. You'll want the plain for sure. I also got the butter and for me, I mixed it with some RY4 and I love it! But you may not...lol

Since I'm not crazy about vanilla, I didn't try it nor check the bottle. But as long as it only has water, PG or VG, alcohol and/or flavoring, it should be safe. No sugar, oil, or colorings.

Let us know if you try it!

Lu

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
The Michael's here only had 3 kinds.....the plain glycerin, butter flavor, and vanilla. You'll want the plain for sure. I also got the butter and for me, I mixed it with some RY4 and I love it! But you may not...lol

Since I'm not crazy about vanilla, I didn't try it nor check the bottle. But as long as it only has water, PG or VG, alcohol and/or flavoring, it should be safe. No sugar, oil, or colorings.

Let us know if you try it!

Lu

Cool! I am going to check it out tomorrow! Thanks again!!;)

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
I've said it before, but I'm too lazy to find my own post right now. Glycerin is not necessarily VEGETABLE glycerin. However, if it says USP then it is at such a purity level that the source is irrelevant (unless you are opposed to consuming animal products for moral/ethical reasons.)

AFAIK any USP grade glycerin is as safe as any other and they are all the same product. If you want to know what organism the glycerin was extracted from, you will have to contact the (new favorite word->) Manufactory.

So that one chuckie bought should be ok since it said USP? I didn't want to tell him that as I wasn't sure.

Lu

Jaaxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2008
Atlanta, GA
juicyliquid.com
So that one chuckie bought should be ok since it said USP? I didn't want to tell him that as I wasn't sure.

Lu

Yes it's ok, but USP does not guarantee it comes from vegetable material, only attests to it's purity. But like I said, at this level of purity it is only relevant to ethical issues (vegan, etc.)

rickstar009

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Deal-extreme Enthusiast
I make my own e-liquid on a regular bases: using mainly vegetable glycerin as my preferred main liquid, PG just sucks your throat dry and at the moment there is a concern that PG might not be so good for your health---but clinical studies being done by certain individuals *so i hear* have still yet to confirm or deny those claim's, that’s why allot of e-liquid manufacturers have now discontinued adding PG to there liquids​

here is one of my recipes that i use..............enjoy!

A thick vapor E-liquid
Glycerine and propylene glycol make’s the vapor/smoke that comes out of your E-cigarette, you'll just get steam without one or both of these. Only!! buy and use them in their purest form - food grade or USP/BP (pharmaceutical grade)

10% distilled water <<== buy it at your local supermarket
10% of LorAnn flavouring OR any candy liquid flavouring’s or your choice
20% - 0mg to 36mg commercial e-liquid
<<== Buy some from your usual E-liquid supplier
30% - glycerine
30% - propylene glycol

OR!
60% - glycerine with no propylene glycol

what ever suits you, use either the 60% Veg glycerine or 30% VG - 30% PG

THEN MIX THE INGREDIANCE ABOVE WELL TO MAKE E-LIQUID WITH A VERY!!! THICK VAPOR
E-SMOKE E-LIQUID
You can find LorAnn candy flavor liquids on the internet
(Just Google LorAnn Oils to find her Candy oil flavoring web site)

Or search for Lorann flavorings oils on ebay​

:evil:Rickstar:evil:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread