Variable Volt/watt...why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncpatches

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Wake Forest NC USA
Best I can tell, it's a 'good' thing. Can someone tell this noob why I should get one?

I'm still waiting on my starter kit. If there is a place I have missed here on the forums, that explains the use of VV batts, i.e. when, why, how and with which juices, please point me in that direction. I will be forever grateful.

It's not what I have coming, but even without my starter, I'm looking at more, just want to know the reasons for them.

I am so confused!:blink:

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

ncpatches

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Wake Forest NC USA
Short and simple? You can fine tune the APV to what ever atty and juice you happen to have... rather than the other way 'round.

And... welcome to ECF patches. ;-)

Being able to adjust, I understand. What I don't understand is why would you need/want to? Do some juices taste better, etc at something other than standard voltage? Is there a standard?

Seems the more I try to learn the more confused I get.:D

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
Ncpatches, as a new vaper myself I often wondered the same thing....I was happy with the way my juices tasted on my simple ego setups. Then I took part in a co-op and got a VTR. There is a very real difference. I dont really understand the ins and outs but I can attest to the difference in how my juices taste in the very same protanks. Each juice seems to have a "sweet spot" where the flavor just peaks. I just adjust the watts using the chart that is floating around and PERFECTION. My Lucky #11 is perfect at 5.5 watts but my DIY peppermint hits perfection at 10.5 watts...the volt thing I have not figured out as of yet:vapor:

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
Can someone tell this noob why I should get one?
Each juice is different from the next, each juice attachment is different from the next. Being able to control voltage or wattage gives you more control over your whole vaping experience, helping you to find the vapor and flavor "sweet spot" you will most enjoy.

You can control these, to some extent, with any device and juice attachment. Even if your voltage is fixed or unregulated, you can change the resistance of your juice attachment to adjust the wattage somewhat. A VV or VW device just makes this easier to do quickly and even on the fly.

ncpatches

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Wake Forest NC USA
Ncpatches, as a new vaper myself I often wondered the same thing....I was happy with the way my juices tasted on my simple ego setups. Then I took part in a co-op and got a VTR. There is a very real difference. I dont really understand the ins and outs but I can attest to the difference in how my juices taste in the very same protanks. Each juice seems to have a "sweet spot" where the flavor just peaks. I just adjust the watts using the chart that is floating around and PERFECTION. My Lucky #11 is perfect at 5.5 watts but my DIY peppermint hits perfection at 10.5 watts...the volt thing I have not figured out as of yet:vapor:

OK, so I'm guessing my basic Ego should be OK for now? I haven't even got it yet and I'm thinking I need something else. I can see now, it's gonna be expensive for a while. That's ok, if I can get off the stinkeys it's worth every penny! Thank you.

ncpatches

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Wake Forest NC USA
Each juice is different from the next, each juice attachment is different from the next. Being able to control voltage or wattage gives you more control over your whole vaping experience, helping you to find the vapor and flavor "sweet spot" you will most enjoy.

You can control these, to some extent, with any device and juice attachment. Even if your voltage is fixed or unregulated, you can change the resistance of your juice attachment to adjust the wattage somewhat. A VV or VW device just makes this easier to do quickly and even on the fly.

Is there directions somewhere that tells how to make any adjustments when you don't have a VV device? Thank you!

ncpatches

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Wake Forest NC USA
VV is like a knob on stove with marks from one to six. VW is like a knob on an oven with marks for temperature from 3 to 15. Just a matter of individual preference and doesn't affect the outcome.

Edit the variable ability allows you to adjust the heat the juice is being subjected to.

LOL yes, I understand the concept, just wondering if need one and how soon.:D

ncpatches

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Wake Forest NC USA
depending on the juice you can fine tune your vaping experience. You will probably not appreciate this until you have vaped for a month or 2, then you cannot live without it!
variable volts and variable watts are 2 ways of doing the same thing, you are increasing or decreasing the heat in the coil.

OK that helps! Thank you. I should be ok with a basic set for a few weeks...maybe.....probably.....possibly....right?

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Welcome to ECF my friend. I'd suggest just trying out your starter kit. See if it pleases you. I know a LOT of vapers that have had great success with just a simple eGo style battery.
All the bells and bling just allow you to adjust the warmth or coolness of your vape.
Vaping is a very personal subjective experience. Just take the first step. You'll do fine. :toast:

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
OK, so I'm guessing my basic Ego should be OK for now? I haven't even got it yet and I'm thinking I need something else. I can see now, it's gonna be expensive for a while. That's ok, if I can get off the stinkeys it's worth every penny! Thank you.

Well when you're ready to upgrade check out...

Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0 - 101 Vape only $40 and it's a great VV/VW device! Lots of people here have one (I just got mine five days ago) and love it!

Oh and take a minute and join CASAA! :)

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Since you already have a starter kit coming, the cheapest way to experience vv/vw is to take a look at the MVP2 at 101Vapes.com for $39.99. No need to buy a different charger or batteries, and the toppers you are getting with your starter kit will probably work with it. The other option is to go to DiscountVapers.com and look at their 1300mah Vision Spinners. I think one of those goes for around $16, but it has only vv.

I started vaping using 2 of the 1300mah vision spinners with 2 evods and I quit smoking after 45 years of 2 packs a day. I recently got the MVP2 and love it. I have been vaping a little over 4 months. It makes a big difference in how your juices taste. Tobaccos are usually at a higher temp and desserts are usually at a lower temp. You can dial the heat up and down until the taste is perfect for you.

Welcome to ECF. Do some searches and reading. The New Members forum has lots of experienced vapers that come and post to help explain what vaping is and how it works. Just reading a bunch of those posts will help you learn a lot real quick.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Is there directions somewhere that tells how to make any adjustments when you don't have a VV device? Thank you!

Not really. You just keep it simple: Always start a new liquid, new carto or clearo - new anything - at the lowest available voltage and increase the voltage until you find the best combination of flavor and vapor. That's all there is to it.

ncpatches

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Wake Forest NC USA
Welcome to ECF my friend. I'd suggest just trying out your starter kit. See if it pleases you. I know a LOT of vapers that have had great success with just a simple eGo style battery.
All the bells and bling just allow you to adjust the warmth or coolness of your vape.
Vaping is a very personal subjective experience. Just take the first step. You'll do fine. :toast:

Thank you. I guess it should be the last thing on my mind since I haven'[t even got my kit yet.:blush:

ncpatches

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Wake Forest NC USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread