Plugged ear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciara

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
I just know this is gonna sound weird because, well...it is! Last night while vaping, my right ear plugged, like what happens when you get water in it from swimming. It popped back open about an hour later and I didn't think any more about it. When I woke up this morning, it was clogged again and still is several hours later.

I've only been vaping for 6 days (woohoo!) and wonder if I'm way overdoing it and getting vapor overload or something. Except for not being able to hear in the ear and the feeling of fluid in there, there are no problems at all, no pain, no other symptoms....just can't hear.

Has anyone else had anything weird like this happen? Did the moisture from vaping find its way into my inner ear?

Still, I would rather be deaf than go back to ciggies (3rd day free!) I'll just be a happy deaf vaper!! :D

Sublimation

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Shreveport/Bossier City , LA
Taken from Mister's post in the ECF Library:

The symptoms of nicotine overdose are clearer indicators of what is happening in your body than the symptoms of withdrawal. This is because nicotine overdose has been studied a fair bit. Nicotine withdrawal has not been studied nearly as much. What has been studied a lot is cigarette withdrawal which is a different thing - it includes no longer inhaling a few thousand chemicals, not just nicotine.

Symptoms of nicotine overdose:
confusion5,6,7,8
racing pulse, palpitations6,7,8
salivation, drooling6,7,8
agitation6,7,8
physical fatigue, weakness6,7,8
muscle twitching5,8
vomiting5,6,7,8
hearing or vision problems5

Just remembered it because like I said, the same thing happened to me the other day after I had been chain vaping. It could also be totally unrelate to vaping. Just monitor your nicotine consumption and see if it happens again. If it keeps up, go see a doctor.

Ciara

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
Thanks so much for the info! The correlation of my ear plugging up like there's water in there and vaping consistently for the past 3 days can't be missed. When it happened for the first time last night, it did pop open shortly afterward, but it was there again when I woke up this morning and hasn't popped.

It's a nuisance but nothing I can't deal with. I never would have thought a nic overdose could do something like this...wow! I'll be paying much closer attention.

Sublimation

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Shreveport/Bossier City , LA
My doc said never hold your nose and blow your ears out,you could perferate your eardrums.Im just repeating it.I dont know for sure.

Well certainly don't do it hard! This is a proven way to equalize pressure in the ears though. This is the method they teach in scuba diving to equalize your ears under the high pressure of being under water.

I tried it the other night when it happened after vaping but it didn't help. Eventually just cleared up on its own. Again though, if you notice it doesn't coincide with vaping and doesn't stop, go to your doctor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread