Homemade Coil Wrapping Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

gchirki

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
Marietta, Ga, USA
Hey everyone. I came across a video online that had a tool to wrap coils. I'm sure if you looked hard enough you could find it. It was steel and looked a lot like the one i made but it seemed simple enough so i decided to make one myself. This thing wraps perfect micro-coils every time. you can space out your coils if you want also. Very simple to make and makes wrapping coils sooooo much easier. It isn't pretty but it works wonders. I used 2 different sized nails for the wrapping posts and used a hack-saw to saw the heads of the nails off. I keep notes on how many wraps will make a certain resistance written on the block itself. 003.jpg 004.jpg I use the top screw to hold one end of the kanthal so i can get a really tight wrap. You can torch the kanthal while it is still on the nail to help it keep shape. 005.jpg 006.jpg

Mitey F

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
Michigan, yearning for home
Yeah i bet a wingnut screw would be even easier

View attachment 278627

It's actually on my to-do list. I just picked up a new TIG welder and am sticking together as much .... as possible lately :) I'm going to raid the parts bins in the garage, and find an old wing nut to tack onto the stainless machine screw.

I also made another of these for my buddy for Xmas. He lives a few thousand miles away right now, but we always get together come Christmas time, so it's going in his gift box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread