why does a tank gurgle and flood?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vivi Nova 3.5 tank on an e-Go C Twist battery. Had my first flood major flood today, although the thing has leaked some and I've had to wipe out the top of the battery several times before. Everything looks normal, I have no idea why it does this or what I can do to avoid it.

The flood was when it was sitting on its side at a slight angle (tank up) in the car. The car wasn't hot. I had not just refilled it. I came out of work and picked it up and it was literally dripping. Why do they do this? Are there tanks that just don't?

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
It probably has a lot to do with your liquid, and the gasket that sits on the top isn't seated well. I have never had a cartotank flood, after I stopped being a newb with priming them.

Look into those or protanks or even the chimney style atomizers like the kayfun. I just ordered a clone for $40 off chinabuye..iclears if you don't care about getting BPA in your liquid..most vivi novas are polycarbonate, so you're probably already getting that.

ncpatches

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Wake Forest NC USA
Vivi Nova 3.5 tank on an e-Go C Twist battery. Had my first flood major flood today, although the thing has leaked some and I've had to wipe out the top of the battery several times before. Everything looks normal, I have no idea why it does this or what I can do to avoid it.

The flood was when it was sitting on its side at a slight angle (tank up) in the car. The car wasn't hot. I had not just refilled it. I came out of work and picked it up and it was literally dripping. Why do they do this? Are there tanks that just don't?

If you found out, let me know, I have one that gurgles and you suck juice.:mad:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada

But was it warm? It doesn't take much to heat the air and thin the juice. Both of these together and you can have a flood on your hands.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Is it possible the head wasn't screwed down tight?

This also happens to people a lot.

Also, when assembling the tank I screw down the main tank outer tube firmly to the bottom part. Not so tight you will damage anything, but I don't stop the instant I feel it getting snug either. Then I don't push the silicone sleeve all the way onto the head leaving it about 1 mm high which the top piece positions when you screw it on. I screw on the top part on firmly also. I've never had a leak since the first time and I started to assemble it like this. YMMV as always :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread