thinking about geting vtr or 134 from fast tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

gchirki

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
Marietta, Ga, USA
Mostly they are clones but if it says specifically "original" or "authentic" they should be real. I know they sell a lot of authentic smoktech stuff but there are a few things that are definetly clones. That being said, clones aren't always bad. I bought a chi-you clone from fasttech and i love it. The best advice i can give is to research the specific item you want and be sure the one from fasttech has all the options you want.

Blkwdw86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2013
Gladewater, TX

gchirki

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
Marietta, Ga, USA
thank for the info. i usally buy from b&m as iam a touch and feel person. but tought about tring online to maybe save a little cash. i have only been vaping sense april of this year after 40 years of smoking nave not hid cig sense.
Congrats! It is no easy task to quit after 40 years but you did it :toast: I will warn you that if you order from fasttech, prepare to wait. Some orders i have placed with them got to me in 10 days and some orders took weeks. I have heard if you order batteries from them the order will get held up in customs for longer. Other than that they are very good to work with. Congrats again and happy vaping :vapor:

gchirki

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
Marietta, Ga, USA
Just looked. Notable that they've suspended sales of the VTR, apparently the manufacturer is having trouble keeping up with demand. With the 134, they have both the authentic and the clone.

Authentic: $107.26 Authentic iTaste 134 Variable Wattage APV Starter Kit - black version at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Clone:$42.70 iTaste 134 Styled Mechanical Mod - aluminum + stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Note the use of the word "Styled."

the clone is actually a mechanical mod while the authentic is variable wattage

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
I would be leery of buying the VTR from anywhere except a VERY reputable dealer. The first few production runs had some issues that have since been corrected by Innokin (or so I'm told). A reputable vendor will deal with you quickly if you have any issues with it. I have had some issues working through the place I bought mine, but hopefully have ironed all that out and will be getting my new one soon.

I would also recommend the Green version, if you can live with the green color. I found with the defective one I got that the silver finish is a serious fingerprint magnet, and after holding it for even a few moments, it looked awful. The green should help hide some of that and keep it nicer looking ... Just my :2c: and as always ... YMMV!

lvm111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Wylie, Texas
The only thing I would say is be prepared to wait for it as FT delivery has got worse.

With all due respect, I keep hearing that, but it hasn't been true in my case. From what I gather, it's only batteries and juice that are being held up.

I recently (two weeks ago), received an innokin SVD (why I bought it is beyond me, I didn't need it, just wanted to check it out) from Fasttech. It took exactly ten days from the day I placed the order, to arrive at my house. I also had a few small vaping accessories in the order.

That's about average for me. I just checked and that was the seventh order I've made in the last three months. Not trying to push Fasttech, just relating my experience.

As for my 134. I bought it from Discount Vapers. I believe they're in Oakville, Connecticut. Couldn't have been happier with the transaction. Good price, very professional website, fast order processing and shipping. Great company IMO.

BTW, love my SS 134. Seems to take a half second to heat up, but no biggie. As for the SVD. Nope, don't like it much. Really crappy button design IMO. It's my very least liked APV. You can't beat the Vamo 3 (4/5) for the simplicity, ease of button operations, and intuitiveness. Although I mostly use my Provari's. Got a camo green VTR coming soon from one of the co-ops (I hope).

best regards, larry mac

Last edited:

Txaggiesaunt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
Texas
I would be leery of buying the VTR from anywhere except a VERY reputable dealer. The first few production runs had some issues that have since been corrected by Innokin (or so I'm told). A reputable vendor will deal with you quickly if you have any issues with it. I have had some issues working through the place I bought mine, but hopefully have ironed all that out and will be getting my new one soon.

I would also recommend the Green version, if you can live with the green color. I found with the defective one I got that the silver finish is a serious fingerprint magnet, and after holding it for even a few moments, it looked awful. The green should help hide some of that and keep it nicer looking ... Just my :2c: and as always ... YMMV!

Or you could put a skin on it like I did:D

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
With all due respect, I keep hearing that, but it hasn't been true in my case. From what I gather, it's only batteries and juice that are being held up.

I recently (two weeks ago), received an innokin SVD (why I bought it is beyond me, I didn't need it, just wanted to check it out) from Fasttech. It took exactly ten days from the day I placed the order, to arrive at my house. I also had a few small vaping accessories in the order.

That's about average for me. I just checked and that was the seventh order I've made in the last three months. Not trying to push Fasttech, just relating my experience.

I'm beginning to believe that there's really no rhyme or reason to the debacle at HKP. It seems there's no order to shipments, they just sort of process things as they get to them.

To Fasttech's credit, they got my items out the door when they said they would, but now I have three separate shipments sitting in "acceptance" that got to HKP ten days apart in total.

The last time this happened I had an item sit in "acceptance" for nine days before it magically appeared in San Francisco, I'm hoping this will be the case again.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
I've got the SVD from Fastech and it's not a clone . I've also got a Vamo 3 and I'm constantly accidentally changing wattage settings due to the button placement and lack of a locking feature which the SVD has not to mention the crappy 510 threading on the Vamo . The SVD has the better build quality hands down IMO, I will order another SVD but I will not order another Vamo .

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK

I have a VTR from FT that is fine.

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK

As for my 134. I bought it from Discount Vapers. I believe they're in Oakville, Connecticut. Couldn't have been happier with the transaction. Good price, very professional website, fast order processing and shipping. Great company IMO.

BTW, love my SS 134. Seems to take a half second to heat up, but no biggie. As for the SVD. Nope, don't like it much. Really crappy button design IMO. It's my very least liked APV. You can't beat the Vamo 3 (4/5) for the simplicity, ease of button operations, and intuitiveness. Although I mostly use my Provari's. Got a camo green VTR coming soon from one of the co-ops (I hope).

best regards, larry mac

My FT VTR took 21 days, including 7 days to get the stock in, so 14 days travel time. That was to the UK.

stylezuk

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013

My experience 4 weeks and still no SVD not even a tracking number many are in same position no juice or batteries in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread